A good rant thread...

124»

Comments

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2005
    happens in every office across america....

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2005
    danger and i think alike, but he is the faster poster....

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2005
    BIZILL wrote:
    danger and i think alike, but he is the faster poster....

DRAW!!!

:p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2005
    ...bizill bleeds alone in the courtyard in front of the brothel.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    ...actually, I should have just bumped this.

Rant on.

I'm out for the weekend. PEACE.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    WTF is corrolating?

Don't you mean Collating?

I knew what ya meant, just wanted to be a dick here on this nice sunny, but chilly end of work week Friday. :D

All skate....****! Troy, you have to skate backwards.
    No excuses!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    All skate....****! Troy, you have to skate backwards.

You're datin' yourself there champ!

I used to skate backwards as fast as I could lapping the rink and tripping the "refs". I was such a jerk.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Strong Bad
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    You're datin' yourself there champ!

I used to skate backwards as fast as I could lapping the rink and tripping the "refs". I was such a jerk.

Is it that obvious i'm creeping up there?

I could barely skate forward. I always had the god aweful ugly **** brown rental skates. The cool guys had their own black skates. I really hated guys like you! You always got to "couples skate", with you skating backwards and your hands on her skintight Jordache Jeans wearing **** while skating to Bryan Adams "Heaven."

I really do hate you! ;)
    No excuses!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    The only time I skate backward is when I run into the wall to stop and bounce back a few inches.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    Is it that obvious i'm creeping up there?

I could barely skate forward. I always had the god aweful ugly **** brown rental skates. The cool guys had their own black skates. I really hated guys like you! You always got to "couples skate", with you skating backwards and your hands on her skintight Jordache Jeans wearing **** while skating to Bryan Adams "Heaven."

I really do hate you! ;)

Actually, I never liked the "couples" skating. It was too slow and when you're like 12 years old, you don't get anywhere with a girl. She just stands there awkwardly while you drag her along and then when it's done, she runs back to her friends and giggles. So instead I used to use the couples as a slalom course and scoot in between them. But after a while, all the wax would get all funky on the floor and you'd end up power sliding around turns instead of actually turning. Good way to break your ankles and bust up your face. So I'd be long gone by the time the "couples" skating started.

• Strong Bad
    edited February 2008
    The other thing I really hated was as soon as i got a good rythym going and was skating forward ok (as in not falling and taking a half dozen people down with me), the dude on the mic goes...."All skate....reverse direction."

Awww ****, now what do i do? Ok, i'll try to make it to center rink to hang out and try to look cool with my ugly **** brown rental skates. It never worked!

I still hate you cause you could skate forward, backward and sideways...and do it fast. ;)
    No excuses!
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    We haven't had a good rant thread in a while.....

You know what irritates me, how hard is it to do your job competently. Sorta like McDonalds. It probably takes as much time to put the damn 'Quality checked for accuracy' sticker as it would to actually look in the bag to see if it was indeed the correct order.

I got a lot of scenarios like that. Man, competency is an increasingly RARE commodity.

BDT

I suspect 90% of our countries work is done by 15% of its people.
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    The other thing I really hated was as soon as i got a good rythym going and was skating forward ok (as in not falling and taking a half dozen people down with me), the dude on the mic goes...."All skate....reverse direction."

Awww ****, now what do i do? Ok, i'll try to make it to center rink to hang out and try to look cool with my ugly **** brown rental skates. It never worked!

I still hate you cause you could skate forward, backward and sideways...and do it fast. ;)

But I do almost everything fast. I'm not happy unless I'm going Mach 2 with my hair on fire.

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    But I do almost everything fast. I'm not happy unless I'm going Mach 2 with my hair on fire.

That might be why you have trouble holding on to a gal...

;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    That might be why you have trouble holding on to a gal...

;)

Not likely. I mean I am married. Remember? I didn't even have to pay her either!

• jdhdiggs
    edited February 2008
    Actually, last I knew you weren't married, congrats! Boy your wife must be pissed...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Actually, last I knew you weren't married, congrats! Boy your wife must be pissed...

Got married in 2004. Where you been?

• Strong Bad
    edited February 2008
    LMAO! Hilarious stuff guys!

I hope you guys make it to Polkfest. We can take up this skating issue then. I can hate you in person then Jstas!

FYI, if you show up with a pair of brown skates in hand, you're dead! :D
    No excuses!
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2008
    Not paying attention I guess...
  • Jstas
    edited February 2008
    LMAO! Hilarious stuff guys!

I hope you guys make it to Polkfest. We can take up this skating issue then. I can hate you in person then Jstas!

FYI, if you show up with a pair of brown skates in hand, you're dead! :D

I had black skates with two tone red and black wheels and chrome trucks.

<super nerd time>
    When I was in the Scouts, for the leatherworking merit badge, I took a leather punch and put spiders on the sides and dyed them like black widow spiders.
    </super nerd time>

I have not put on a pair of rollerskates in...hell, since I started driving at 16 so like 14-15 years. I'm rusty!