A good rant thread...

Comments

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited August 2005
    I'm sick and tired of people using cell phones in public places. Examples:
    I commute every day on a commuter bus. It seems like the same dumbass twits every freakin' day...yak, yak, yak...for an hour straight. Why can't they wait until they get home? They're just bullshitting anyway?
    In the freakin' airport. Some twit invariably sits down next to you and starts yakking away...yak, yak, yak....Why can't they go sit by themselves somewhere?
    The last thing I want to do is listen to someone elses dumbass conversation. On the bus some people are trying to snooze or read or do puzzles or listen to headphones....nice quiet things that don't bother anybody else. Then there's these inconsiderate **** that don't know how to entertain themselves or think they're impressing everyone with their business talk. And they all think the person they're talking to is deaf or something so they have to talk loud. I've seen people whisper into cell phones. You don't have to talk like you're the only one in the room. Jeez it pisses me off! Inconsiderate freakin' twits. :mad:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited August 2005
    Speaking of public cell phone use, there's a local deli that has a sign on the wall facing the customers that reads "We will not serve you if you are on your cell phone, it is that important"

Priceless.. :D
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2005
    Jersey is going to have a state sanctioned bear hunt instead of a people hunt. This kind of **** makes me nuts.

Hey Mike, where you located on The Island?

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2005
    What did the bears do?
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • George Grand
    edited August 2005
    They procreated and swiped some picunic baskets BooBoo. Just like bears are supposed to do. The people do much worse things, but you're still not allowed to shoot them.

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2005
    Unfortunately.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2005
    Well George, it could be worse:

Some enviro wacko's want to introduce Lions and Elephants to the plains states since their endagered in Africa and had their ancestors living here millions of years ago. Hmm, some brown bear or a pride of African lions... Which will hurt more people. I think I like the bears...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Mike682
    edited August 2005
    Jersey is going to have a state sanctioned bear hunt instead of a people hunt. This kind of **** makes me nuts.

Hey Mike, where you located on The Island?

I'm in Lindenhurst, Suffolk County. Are you familiar with the area?
  • George Grand
    edited August 2005
    Sure am. I was Central Islip, Brentwood, San Remo, Kings Park. Got a first cousin still living on Davenport Street in Lindenhurst. I ran around The Island from 70-75. Always great to hear that NY accent.

Saw a lot of first run movies at the old 110 Drive-In. A few concerts at The Commack Arena. **** like that.
  • George Grand
    edited August 2005
    Well, to tell the truth, I have no family ties to The "Plain" States, and am usually bored out of my mind when I have to go there. Might be interesting this concept. Walking to work could turn out to be quite an adventure. Driving too if they want to throw in rhinos!

• Mike682
    edited August 2005
    Sure am. I was Central Islip, Brentwood, San Remo, Kings Park. Got a first cousin still living on Davenport Street in Lindenhurst. I ran around The Island from 70-75. Always great to hear that NY accent.

Saw a lot of first run movies at the old 110 Drive-In. A few concerts at The Commack Arena. **** like that.

I'm like 2min from davenport st. I'm right near the Southside fishmarket. I remember a drive-in by great neck rd in Copiaque on sunrise hwy. Was this called the 110 drive in or was there another??

Small world...

Mike
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2005
    Well they are thinking of adding cheetahs to "help the antelope to preserve some of their natural traits". Great, now Grandpa getting jumped in his car cruisin' down the highway because he was driving too slow...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • George Grand
    edited August 2005
    Mike,

No, I don't recall the one in Copaigue. The 110 Drive-In was in Huntington at the intersection of Rte. 110 and the expressway. The northwest corner of the intersection to be precise. Helluva flea market too. My cousin Henry,The Incredible Hulk (guy is a MOOSE) is at 161.

If Grandpa checks his rear view mirror occasionally, his vehicle should remain cheetah free. This idea MAY have some merit regarding post 70 year old drivers and their unwillingness to park themselves in an easy chair.

George
  • PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited August 2005
    Cell phones are a great invention many people abuse.

I was in the doctors office the other day waiting to check in standing behind a lady when her phone rang. She asked the nurse who was assisting her at the window to wait a minute while she answered her call.
    At that time I stepped over in front of her and proceeded to sign my name and say hi to the nurse.
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2005
    My rants:

People who blindly follow any political party, without questioning its leaders/elected officials.

Parents who fail to place rules and limits on their kids and then blame the schools when their kids screw up.

Lawyers for the victims of priest abuse that go out and sign up loads of clients. Then sue for amounts that will destroy many decent parishes that do nothing but good. Then, take their 40-50% cut, giving them tens of millions while the victims get far less than them.

The new energy bill that gives away hundreds of millions to big oil at a time of HUGE profits, while 21st century alternative energy gets only the minimul amount.

Howard Dean, Al Franken, Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity & Ann Coulter. Enough said.

Microsoft- ten thousand software engineers and they still can't do it right.

Donald Rumsfeld, Ever hear of the Powell Doctrine Don??????

Ted Kennedy, please go find a barstool and retire.

Karl Rove, single-handedly has driven politics to new lows. Someday someone is going to get the dirt on him and I, for one will celebrate.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2005
    Mark,

You must be Libertarian, right???? :)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2005
    I'm neither right, nor left. I'm Up!! But, in all seriousness, I'm closest to being a McCain republican, though with a slight left lean. My voting record in each general election is a virtual 50/50 split because I vote best qualified.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2005
    markmarc wrote:
    I'm neither right, nor left. I'm Up!! But, in all seriousness, I'm closest to being a McCain republican, though with a slight left lean. My voting record in each general election is a virtual 50/50 split because I vote best qualified.

Sounds as close to a Libertarian as one can get to me. ;)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Mike682
    edited August 2005
    Mike,

No, I don't recall the one in Copaigue. The 110 Drive-In was in Huntington at the intersection of Rte. 110 and the expressway. The northwest corner of the intersection to be precise. Helluva flea market too. My cousin Henry,The Incredible Hulk (guy is a MOOSE) is at 161.

George

Ok, yeah I'm not familiar with that one. Speaking of flea-markets, do you remember the one on 110 at Republic Airport??

They demolished almost all of those old buildings and hangers where the fle-market was and put up a bunch of national chain stores.

For those not familiar with Republic Airport, this is where Fairchild Republic used to make the A-10 Warthog.
  • George Grand
    edited August 2005
    My mom, stepfather, and both my dad's parents are buried right there at St. Charles next to Republic. I don't look much at airplanes or anything while I'm visiting that area Mike. I sure don't remember a flea market there. The last time I lived on The Island was 1975.
  • PolknPepsi
    edited August 2005
    My 86 year old mother in law told me today a man stopped by her house (she lives alone) and said he would seal her 75' long blacktop driveway for $4000.00
    Around here $500.00 is the most anyone should pay.

I said if someone like that stops by again get his number because I would like to choke...Errrr...talk to him. :(
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • George Grand
    edited August 2005
    $100 for that service here in Jersey. Good sealer too. The kid comes the day before, blows off any debris, then seals any cracks. Next day he comes back, blows debris off again, and applies the sealer. $100.

• PolknPepsi
    edited August 2005
    PolknPepsi wrote:
    My 86 year old mother in law told me today a man stopped by her house (she lives alone) and said he would seal her 75' long blacktop driveway for $4000.00
    Around here $500.00 is the most anyone should pay.

I said if someone like that stops by again get his number because I would like to choke...Errrr...talk to him. :(

Can you believe the scumbag stopped by again yesterday? :eek:
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited August 2005
    I didn't read through this whole thread so this rant may have been repeated somewhere...

...people who screw up on the road where that screwup involves you, then you **** at 'em/flip em' off, THEN THEY DO IT TO YOU AS IF IT WAS YOUR FAULT!
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited November 2005
    :mad:

At my gov't job, I was told to relay a couple "expenditures" for my supervisor and his boss to the Fiscal Department. Looks like these people wanted the taxpayers to pay for the renewal of their professional license (engineering). I am steamed about this because none of these people are working as engineers....they are both working as, basically, accountants (aka paper-shufflers). The word "engineer" doesn't appear anywhere in their job title or in the name of the department (we don't do any engineering here unless you count "creative accounting"). So what the hell is this? Just because these people have an engineering degree (or two), we taxpayers have to foot the bill for their professional license renewal? If that's the case, maybe I should get my driver license renewal paid for by the State, since it is more relevant to my job (since I have to drive to get to work) than their engineering license to theirs.

Edit: OK, the grand total for the license renewal is $200.00. But these people pull down the big bucks. On top of that, our department works to benefit low-income families and that $200.00 can benefit about 20 families.

:mad:
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2005
    my friggin' right leg is shorter than my left leg....

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited November 2005
    BIZILL wrote:
    my friggin' right leg is shorter than my left leg....

Is your name Ilene?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2005
    .............to the right. imagine goin' through your whole life "off-center" and "unbalanced".

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited November 2005
    What's the deal with inconsiderate people....

I was making 14 copies of a 4 page document on the office copier/printer/fax machine. This machine corrolates onto one single tray. The machine was still spitting out copies (and corrolating) when Ms. Office Manager comes by to look for her one page printout. She then picks up my stack of printouts and "un-corrolated" it!! All because she was looking for her lousy xy#@z*&% one page printout. Now I have sort through my stack of paper to "un-corrolate" the whole thing.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2005
    Danny Tse wrote:
    What's the deal with inconsiderate people....

I was make 14 copies of a 4 page document on the office copier/printer/fax machine. This machine corrolates onto one single tray. The machine was still spitting out copies (and corrolating) when Ms. Office Manager comes by to look for her one page printout. She then picks up my stack of printouts and "un-corrolated" it!! All because she was looking for her lousy xy#@z*&% one page printout. Now I have sort through my stack of paper to "un-corrolate" the whole thing.

every office has one of these office ****'s. it's not cool.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: