You know you’re getting old when…

Options
1…1617192122

Comments

  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 35,561
    Options
    I told a teenager today I used to get 10 tapes for a penny in the mail, and I'm not sure if she thinks I'm lying about what a tape is, what a penny is, what the mail is...or all three.

    As a follow-up, I'll suggest giving that teenager a box of 10 penny nails and watch for wisps of smoke to start curling from their ears. :#
  • agingboomer
    agingboomer Posts: 655
    Options
    . . . your son turns 40, and you remember when 40 seemed OLD to you.
    The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.—Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This content has been removed.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 35,561
    Options
    How about when you go to shave in the morning the reflection you see belong to your dad about 30 years ago

    I've got that affliction, too! :o
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,811
    Options
    Back in 2002, a friend said to me: "Well, I sure feel old. Last night I saw 'This Is Spinal Tap' . . . . on American Movie Classics." :#
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 9,100
    Options
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 20,357
    Options
    LOL...

    I can identify all of them. I guess I am ancient now, eh?

    Geez.

    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,811
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    LOL...

    I can identify all of them. I guess I am ancient now, eh?

    Geez.

    Tom

    I said: "Kodak 126 film" when it was in fact "Kodak 110 film".

    Also, I can't make out whatever those are in the bottom right corner.

    Other than that, I am batting 1000.

    Now I need to be disqualified for using a sports metaphor. :'(
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 8,231
    edited April 22
    Options
    Soft tape measures would be recognized by millennials, but I agree the other ones will be lost to them. I'm 55 and many of them were being phased out by the time I was in middle school. My parents had that exact nut cracker set and I think I might still have the cracker in a drawer somewhere. The picks are all gone though.
    Edit: yep, in the drawer next to the stove.
    hzmuayl5geje.jpg
    See profile for rigs. Nothing else here.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,811
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    Soft tape measures would be recognized by millennials, but I agree the other ones will be lost to them. I'm 55 and many of them were being phased out by the time I was in middle school. My parents had that exact nut cracker set and I think I might still have the cracker in a drawer somewhere. The picks are all gone though.

    Where do you see a "soft tape measure"?
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 8,231
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    billbillw wrote: »
    Soft tape measures would be recognized by millennials, but I agree the other ones will be lost to them. I'm 55 and many of them were being phased out by the time I was in middle school. My parents had that exact nut cracker set and I think I might still have the cracker in a drawer somewhere. The picks are all gone though.

    Where do you see a "soft tape measure"?

    Never mind. Now I see they are caps. Duh.
    See profile for rigs. Nothing else here.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 8,231
    edited April 22
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

    I said: "Kodak 126 film" when it was in fact "Kodak 110 film".

    Also, I can't make out whatever those are in the bottom right corner.

    Other than that, I am batting 1000.

    Now I need to be disqualified for using a sports metaphor. :'(

    I think, but I'm not sure, that is a chalk holder for putting parallel lines on the board for writing lessons or for music classes?
    See profile for rigs. Nothing else here.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 2,685
    Options
    I’m stuck on the Zenith thingy.

    Brian

  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 8,231
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    I’m stuck on the Zenith thingy.

    What did Zenith make in large quantities in the 60s and 70s? TVs. It's an early remote control known as the Space Commander I think.
    See profile for rigs. Nothing else here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This content has been removed.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,811
    Options
    I found the full pic and it appears to be one of those chalk things for making lines to teach students how to write letters properly and/or musical notes.

    EDIT: I think they would load them with just 3 pieces of chalk for writing words/letters and 5 for music.

    hx2hf2w5ey7t.jpg

    vl6kw73mddod.jpg

  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 20,357
    Options
    You know you are getting old when the responses to that post cracks you up.

    Bunch of young whippersnappers...

    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,101
    Options
    I miss the smell of caps!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,463
    Options
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 4,113
    Options
    I have 4 rolls of 110 film along with 10 rolls of 35 mm film that I am getting developed. The 110 would have to be from the 70’s.
    The 35mm would be from about 30 years ago.

    Since we don’t know where we are going we have to stick together in case someone gets there….Ken Kesey.

    Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper REALLY likes you.

    And the boots you lick will stomp you too.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,811
    Options
    I have a Polaroid camera that my grandfather got for Christmas in 1969. I can't wait to use it and see pics of all of us grandchildren when we were little.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 35,561
    Options
    9968311354_3f9e86f322_b.jpg

    ... or if you want to see Polaroids instant photos of... I dunno... somebody's little Japanese grandchildren:
    https://instax.com/camera/

  • Unknown
    Options
    This content has been removed.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 2,685
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I have a Polaroid camera that my grandfather got for Christmas in 1969. I can't wait to use it and see pics of all of us grandchildren when we were little.

    The camera makes pics of when y'all were little?!

    Brian

  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,819
    Options
    When you just drive by Taco Bell and it triggers GERD.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 424
    Options
    jxdgmcsozxkb.jpg

    Gotta fix that meme, I think millennials can identify most of these. Need to choose a younger generation.

    Maybe a new meme: you might be old if you’re still bashing millennials like they’re the newbies in the workplace!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,873
    Options
    ... you can't recall when the NY Knicks won an NBA championship.

    Oh, wait. It was yesterday.

    Carry on. B)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?


    http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/