Post a picture.....any picture...part deux...

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    ^^^
    Bad case of voice to text translation. Someone probably using a Samsung phone who hasn't switched to Gboard.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,576
    edited September 12
    OleBoot wrote: »
    drjkkku8ojds.png

Saw the above pic of an Ariel Square Four based chopper on some random site, and it resurrected some distant childhood memories. One of our neighbors ("Uncle" Ernie) had an Ariel Square Four with a double adult sidecar. With Uncle Ernie driving, my Dad on the pillion and my Mum and "Aunty" Lynne in the sidecar with me and Lynne's daughter Angie on their laps, off we'd chug 50 miles to Brighton for a day out by the seaside. Not bad a bad load for a 1950s 1000cc bike ! Looked sort of like this pic I found.

5z4yclu6ue5q.png

That's a interesting ride there. A friend of mine in the clubhouse has a bike similar & it's springer front / rigid rear. Did you catch the year on that ? Nice ride. I also have a friend that has rigid & ever dang ride we go on he has to change out his headlight : :D
    . Edit: That photo below is a beautiful bike. I've always wanted a 1939 EL
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,592
    edited September 12
    53990999144_2f234c7b20_b.jpgGate guards at Dekelia Air Base. 04-11-2022 by Alan Wilson, on Flickr
    Looks like an interesting dogfight.
    Viking64 wrote: »
    9p541mvlyz0p.jpg
    Wonder how much it is without Paula?

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,985
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Wonder how much it is without Paula?

$6,475
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    iwi3qrep2q6h.jpeg
    oohjno4a9k00.jpeg
    tmctpwk2n6m4.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    boston1450 wrote: »
    drjkkku8ojds.png

Saw the above pic of an Ariel Square Four based chopper on some random site, and it resurrected some distant childhood memories. One of our neighbors ("Uncle" Ernie) had an Ariel Square Four with a double adult sidecar. With Uncle Ernie driving, my Dad on the pillion and my Mum and "Aunty" Lynne in the sidecar with me and Lynne's daughter Angie on their laps, off we'd chug 50 miles to Brighton for a day out by the seaside. Not bad a bad load for a 1950s 1000cc bike ! Looked sort of like this pic I found.

5z4yclu6ue5q.png

That's a interesting ride there. A friend of mine in the clubhouse has a bike similar & it's springer front / rigid rear. Did you catch the year on that ? Nice ride. I also have a friend that has rigid & ever dang ride we go on he has to change out his headlight : :D
    . Edit: That photo below is a beautiful bike. I've always wanted a 1939 EL

The first bike pic was from a site with just lots of pictures with no information. Ariel made the Square Four from 1931-59, so the engine used on the bike has a wide date range. I thought the rear suspension looked interesting - I could not quite work it out.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,576
    edited September 12
    Yeah. That is interesting set up. Swing arm with coil spring & then some. I thought the same as you
  • OleBoot wrote: »
    aartvzk4ikc6.png

A less expensive version 2024 Honda Motocompacto $1,100 FBMP
    34487ni0jyu0.png
    9855e18wro6c.png
    qhl2ca30ew5t.png

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,222
    edited September 13
    drjkkku8ojds.png

5z4yclu6ue5q.png

Great MEMORY! Too bad, you don't have photo of all of you ready to ride.

The more I thought about it, you guys riding around would have been perfect characters for the Midsomer Murders series with John Nettles. Some great viewing of the UK countryside.
    Post edited by BlueBirdMusic on
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    drjkkku8ojds.png

5z4yclu6ue5q.png

Great MEMORY! Too bad, you don't have photo of all of you ready to ride.

The more I thought about it, you guys riding around would have been perfect characters for the Midsomer Murders series with John Nettles. Some great viewing of the UK countryside.

Yes, I forgot to mention - Mum made a Thermos flask of tea and cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off for us to enjoy on our stop along the way in quaint English country villages. Such fond memories of having our picnic in a manicured flower garden, murdering an old lady and joyfully trundling away into the distance.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    edited September 13
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,307
    x4lngeq8n8zb.png
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Hmmm....that new Playstation is something else ! 😲
    .gafrws1dinu9.png
    Sal Palooza
  • bcwsrt
    yezjc9wohiax.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    w8npxifosi7m.jpeg
    Brian

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,344
    Calling Larry
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,307
    Viking64 wrote: »
    tta33fyamhz2.jpg

Made me laugh good bro. Lived in an Air Force barracks in very early 80's where guys actually used pallets and large cable spools for tables.....but only the "cool" dudes :DB)
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,344
    🤣
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,232
    I like the No Anna Wintour. AkaNObitches
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I like the No Anna Wintour. AkaNObitches

I believe she is the one that The Devil Wears Prada was based on.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,232
    Halloween is coming soon

gqn810yj5wo9.jpeg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,985
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Halloween is coming soon

It looks like someone's ween wasn't hallow after all.
  • bcwsrt
    1mzwcfcd6ovz.jpeg
    Brian

• We used to laugh at Ceiling Cat, but now ?
    Now ..... We know better
    😳
    .s7wucd1h7e3t.jpg
    Sal Palooza