Post a picture.....any picture...part deux...

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,222
    7bv24m00eflq.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    7x7fn05egedu.png

Pawpaws - the largest edible fruit trees native to North America
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,232
    I gotta chuckle

ou32gxbs2im8.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,110
    Recent Beach visit with friends near Dana Point, California.

eocrymjwl9qb.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,110
    Beach barbecue at Dana Point later in the day.

tomxrc67cwsq.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,592
    edited September 7
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,274
    Priceless 😁
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    edited September 8
    When hi-fi events were popular ! This is in the Royal Festival Hall, London. The demo was also done in Carnegie Hall.

"While Gilbert Briggs, Wharfedale's founder, was pioneering what was now firmly established as the 'hi-fi' industry and after his books on new technology were becoming immensely popular, he decided to take things a step forward by staging an audacious series of concerts comparing live with recorded music. These concert demonstrations became very famous, using Wharfedale loudspeakers and usually Quad amplification - At this time Gilbert was also working closely with Peter Walker, founder of Quad. The demonstrations continued into the late 1950s, traveling worldwide as well as in the UK. Firstly a live band or group of instrumentalists would play, being recorded as it happened. The acetate would then be played back to the assembled audience to impress upon them the similarity of the recorded music."

zwvvhgbut2rr.png
  • A similar demonstration done by Acoustic Research in the 1960's:

lx8hrhg45vrz.png
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    fs3hdrjrxq2s.jpg

Enjoying a brisk mornin' in the mountains....at Carverfest again. Had a good evening with Bob, Peggy and crew!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 8
    Tell Bob I said "Hi" and "thanks" for firing Frank!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    treitz3 wrote: Β»
    fs3hdrjrxq2s.jpg

Enjoying a brisk mornin' in the mountains....at Carverfest again. Had a good evening with Bob, Peggy and crew!

Tom

Is that the location where your speaker was dropped?

Harry / Marietta GA
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,521
    Someone post that picture!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 8
    VR3 wrote: Β»
    Someone post that picture!

πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
    Lets not!
  • treitz3
    Same place, different cabin. The speaker was dropped down at cabin 11.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,429
    ixk9wwh2xnea.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

β€œHuman beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Our neighbors to the North putting out their old used deer for pickup on Boxing Day ,πŸ€”

uiv9lk2b5h2m.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,983
    Pit stop on the way to Santa's house for the pre-season training
  • "Blitzen, Donner get out of the road!"
  • ^^^Kind of brings to mind
    sg607f2ztl7j.jpg

and the fact that in some regards women have no sense of humor πŸ€”
    ( C'mon, gimme some credit, that DID sound like the Horn of Helm Hammerhand !" )

Sal Palooza
  • BlueBirdMusic
    sxivxj2d24fa.png

Harry / Marietta GA
  • treitz3
    0qbul72ems07.jpg

95ma71q2w51v.jpg

yxfnc4swj8l0.jpg

rwkan4kq9yf4.jpg

lm5n1e8h249x.jpg

p863mglhtsip.jpg

s6fb330t2cb9.jpg

Just some random photos I took this weekend. It was good to see the gang again. Can't believe this is the 18th year that this event has been going on...my, how time flies.

Tom

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,344
    R.I.P. Eddie the gentle giant, aka the knife.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Plus Gary Gore, George and Janice Daniels (loved her Wedding soup!) and Wayne King.

Tom
  • treitz3
    psq75140sifb.jpg

Here are three of the fallen, in one image. Eddie (The knife), George and Janice Daniels.

There is one more. Willy (not quite sure of his last name) who passed two years ago.

phzat71lv959.png

The one in the middle (pic below) is Wayne King.

17fo65ypcwjs.jpg

And last but not least....Gary Gore.

jt36f9o2hkuv.png

Tom

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,521
    ui5v3nc5tm8t.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.