Options
1234568»

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,491
    edited May 23
    Options
    @maxward, @stangman67, anyone else....

Green bean heads-up. Do you guys get the SM's emails?

If you've not compared different harvest processing methods, a cool experiment. It's amazing how the same bean, when dry vs wet processed, can be so different in the cup. Ethiopians are excellent examples of this. Gesha's from South America, a sought after bean know for it's floral characteristics, was a really interesting one I've done.

Latest from SM's and worth grabbing if you want to expand your knowledge/experience.

"The latest entry into our featured coffee sets is the 4 lbs Ethiopia Process Method Set. This set highlights the different flavors that come from the wet and dry process methods, and includes four of our top lots from the current green coffee catalog.

The wet and dry process methods are the two most used means of processing coffee in the world, and each leaves their own unique mark on the cup. From fruit to floral and everything in between, this set is an opportunity to compare how these flavor differences are expressed across four delicious Ethiopian coffees.

If you're looking for more volume, we still offer our 10 lbs "XL" Ethiopia Process Method Set, but for smaller capacity air roasters we think the 4lbs set will be a lot of fun!"

https://www.sweetmarias.com/4-lbs-ethiopia-process-method-set.html
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,538
    Options
    Thanks. Yes, and part of my recent order was the 10 lbs XL Ethiopian process method. It will be a couple weeks before I try one of those.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,670
    Options
    h5k7i87zooji.jpg

Thaaat's right. You all just got double-teabagged.

I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,283
    edited May 24
    Options
    msg wrote: »

hv03mp0pyfon.jpg
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,755
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    h5k7i87zooji.jpg

That's not Tea, that's floor dust sweepings in a sack.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,228
    Options
    @JayCee thanks for the suggestion, I’ll add that combo pack to my next order. Roasting time this weekend for my first weekly batch :)
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    Options
    Friday night roast complete! I am having way too much fun with this. Need to play with the design on the label a bunch still

l9w1wh993jwe.jpeg

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,046
    Options
    You coffee nerds should seek-out and watch Dangerous Grounds, which was a (sadly) short-lived docu-series where a dude named Todd Carmichael traversed the globe, looking for the absolute best coffee beans he could find for his Philadelphia-based coffee company.

He traveled with a portable, hand-powered, roaster, and (I think) hand-powered grinder, where he would roast, grind, and brew coffee on-the-spot (i.e., on the coffee plantation) to determine if it was worthy of attempting to import the beans into the states (i.e., his coffee company).

It is a very informative and interesting series to watch...whether you like coffee, or not.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • stangman67
    Options
    Sounds very interesting, I found it but have to pay for each episode.

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,370
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/share/r/NzfATkjy247uhzN3/?mibextid=xCPwDs

Okay, that's all I got.
    Please return to your previously scheduled thread
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,755
    Options
    I wonder how many takes the did of that bit?
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,332
    Options
    Pretty long listen but there's a ton of info about coffee here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWWVNq5GHp4
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,283
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Pretty long listen but there's a ton of info about coffee here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWWVNq5GHp4

All that effort, and equipment bought/donated by sponsors, and he couldn't get a burr grinder?
    For the most part, I really like that guy's channel and have been a subscriber for years.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • maxward
    edited June 14
    Options
    @stangman67 Of the one pound bags of Sweet Maria’s coffee I have roasted so far, a winner was the Colombia Inza Cresta El Hato, which is still in stock.
  • stangman67
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    @stangman67 Of the one pound bags of Sweet Maria’s coffee I have roasted so far, a winner was the Colombia Inza Cresta El Hato, which is still in stock.

Thanks for the heads up! I’m running low on 10speed so I have to put an order in soon. Do you have the graph saved for how you roasted it?

• maxward
    Options
    Roasted to full city +. I don’t use any software other than monitoring time and temperature.
  • stangman67
    Options
    Gotcha! Appreciate the suggestion

Courtney bought me a Weber Moonraker WDT for my first Father’s Day. Completely unexpected, she’s a keeper. Inspired me to clean up the coffee bar and get it organized

x0z0zxp2r7xy.jpeg
    otc38yhhk9ux.jpeg
    z3sflvtu4zua.jpeg

• maxward
    Options