You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,030
    Options
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,347
    Options
    k2uz9ypd6jpa.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,094
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    k2uz9ypd6jpa.jpeg

I'll have to add that one to the list.

dff1kmro0pxl.png
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 436
    Options
    Since y’all are throwing out ‘lectricity pictures…. Here’s a few good ones I’ve saved over the years.
    1yd4hxpqxtzd.jpeg
    mm1kdi7zvy32.jpeg
    rpepk23avfxl.jpeg
    fxgfswmrfvs8.jpeg
    492ulpbkos3y.jpeg
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I bet fire marshals find some doozies.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    zz7elhbvw6fl.jpg

I got to personally take this photo
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    The ghetto I presume.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ChrisD06
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The ghetto I presume.

Nope, this is just average Halifax.

7 years of Trudeau brought us this.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,884
    Options
    Chris, how did you guys make out after the storm?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,707
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    Nope, this is just average Halifax.

When the big moon shines in the Maritimes,
    On the old Atlantic shore,
    I'll be glad to be back to old Halifax and the girl that I adore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJJNK6Ag2Sw
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Chris, how did you guys make out after the storm?

Quite well, thank you for asking. Lee didn't hit us very hard, some downed electrical lines and trees but nothing compared to Fiona or Dorian. I think southern NS got hit harder but nothing too scary.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,560
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    zz7elhbvw6fl.jpg

I got to personally take this photo

This looks like half of city owned buildings I've been in. Their phones/internet are
    down. And this is what you'd see. Add a wasps nest or fire ants to the mix as well.
    Rats chewing cables also pretty common. The critters at the CSI unit ate cable
    like crazy. Be prepared to stomp stuff in the IT closet.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options
    Okay, so.....what's the hinge for?

adixbi76xmo1.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,482
    Options
    Termites ate the door that once hid all this
    Randy/Maine
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options
    Yeah, I'd want to hide it too. What a friggin' mess!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Okay, so.....what's the hinge for?

adixbi76xmo1.png

Tom

Probably for a fence gate, that eventually got removed.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,630
    Options
    u63813n6vw0k.jpg

I used to be able to bunny hop that without giving it a second thought.

Used to.... key words😞
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,503
    Options
    yeah, if I tried that now, my front wheel would hang up, thus kicking off that slow motion wreckery feeling - "ah man, I knew this was gonna happen... why is time slowing? what kind of injury am I going to have after this? can I roll it out? Shelley B. sure looked good in Science today... ARRRGHT!!!"

and then you jump up real quick just to prove to yourself that you're not seriously injured. I think they call this shock, but I'm not sure.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,626
    Options
    ybw62u46h7h5.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,094
    Options
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • daddyjt
    Options
    qijfjl2s5shm.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,132
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »

It has been said that the C8 Corvette is very difficult to properly place on a lift. There are special attachments to the underside of the car and very specific instructions to follow in order to lift the car or damage, including falling off the lift will result.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,094
    edited September 2023
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    ybw62u46h7h5.jpeg

My father, faced with a similar circumstance... would have absolutely done that. :#
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    qijfjl2s5shm.jpeg

Got to be a welding shop.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    Options
    Or something st @Jstas garage shop, if not for the rundown appearance.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    u63813n6vw0k.jpg

Looks right to me. Get them bikers off the road. 😂
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • daddyjt
    Options
    2ufc60td55yx.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    Options
    Got a good chuckle at that.

Also, not sure I'd have anything less desirable than a PT Cruiser to trade for.
    I disabled signatures.