Options

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,731
    edited September 2023
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    lfpvr3zzqi00.png
    Yeah, that's gonna hold for all of about zero seconds. This is in the Ford you just did you new bedliner for? I thought so. Didn't you just post recently that your RTA-15TLs sound best aimed inward at your TV?

Judging from the gnarliness of those nuts - well never mind, I'm not gonna comment on gnarly nuts. That problem should be fixed once Fall arrives and the humidity dissipates.

Anyone got Aldi nearby? I need people to buy Burman's sauces for me. Out of stock for the season here.
    But not you, Brian. I'm not sure these are safety-sealed, and I don't trust you with the avocado one.
    moyk7jgejzsz.png

I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,726
    Options
    You forgot I have your address, didn’t you? 😂

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,041
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    lfpvr3zzqi00.png
    Anyone got Aldi nearby? I need people to buy Burman's sauces for me.

I hit three or four occasionally. How many of each do you want if I can find them?
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • msg
    Options
    CGTIII wrote: »
    lfpvr3zzqi00.png

I hit three or four occasionally. How many of each do you want if I can find them?

Ooh! Sorry for the late response - long week so far!

Thank you! As many of the Polynesian ones as you can find, say, up to 12?, and 3ea of the Avocado and Garlic, please, if you can find them? I've not had those two.
    I disabled signatures.
  • CGTIII
    Options

Ooh! Sorry for the late response - long week so far!

Thank you! As many of the Polynesian ones as you can find, say, up to 12?, and 3ea of the Avocado and Garlic, please, if you can find them? I've not had those two.

Will do. May take a week to reach them all.

• CGTIII
    Options
    30w93kqj9zfi.png

• CGTIII
    Options
    tm3nbnc9ysf3.png

• CGTIII
    Options
    u6dup2nlxbtd.png

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    Options
    30w93kqj9zfi.png

How did you score a picyof Jesse’s setup?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ken brydson
    Options
    30w93kqj9zfi.png

Pfft, @lightman1 ran the wiring 🤣
  • msg
    Options
    30w93kqj9zfi.png

Pfft, @lightman1 ran the wiring 🤣

And then whizzed on it. Something about processed electrolytes for signal optimization.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,800
    Options
    It's called humor
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You're the one with SV40 and a lot of other nasty stuff running around inside. Again, too bad for you.

poor f1not..."but...but...I've got some youtube videos that show..."🤣

3uju6fay7owt.png

The Dunning-Kruger effect! Man I forgot the name of that. I'm a chronic sufferer...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,001
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Blah blah...

The first one that resorts to name calling is the loser. Yep, that's you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• CGTIII
    Options
    m31hah2uy5n4.png

• CGTIII
    Options
    jpm7t7loqqnq.png

• CGTIII
    Options
    cz5rz8z5dl13.png

• CGTIII
    Options
    55dzhl46lm8s.png

• bcwsrt
    Options
    1p2zp10du6oi.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,912
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    It's called humor

Apparently we're not allowed to have humor
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    85d7ri3esji7.jpeg
    Brian

• msg
    Options
    So many inspiring ideas in this thread.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,800
    Options
    85d7ri3esji7.jpeg

We have some properties in my neighborhood that have a pretty steep driveway incline. I shudder to think whether or not they even can stop or just slide on into the street.
    Cowabunga dude!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,365
    Options
    lxzht7l2hsvb.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    vdirx1hemb4n.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    p7lemufbyl47.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• ChrisD06
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    vdirx1hemb4n.jpeg

Someone posted this to facebook a few days ago and the number of people who didn't understand why this wouldn't work was concerning...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,290
    edited September 2023
    Options
    If it were up to me they'd teach thermodynamics in grade school. B)

tc6d3jnxjsyd.png

• ChrisD06
    Options
    9lnxc38ftw7k.jpg

Homeowner before us did some DIY electrical work... its not the worst but it's definitely dangerous.

Some wires have electrical tape around them where they were nicked, some are wrapped around plumbing (water lines), there's tons of slack, the breakers are labeled incorrectly, the load wire appears as neutral but isn't labeled as load, etc.

Think we'll need to get an electrician to inspect this.