I ordered Polk L200!!! Will replace my old Klipsch!!

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    R200ae has the same drivers as the l200.

Crossover components are higher quality on the r200ae

Biggest difference is cabinet bracing is better on the l200 and a different porting system.

The R200ae is warmer too me than the l200 otherwise very similar
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited January 2023
    Options
    There are reports on the internet of the R200 that "suggest" (say) that the port design of the R200 is better than that of the L200, based on measurements. True? Important? I report, you decide. ;)

As @VR3 says, the drivers are identical. The cabinets (EDIT: and the XOs) are not.

Given the price, the R"ae" vs. L decision might come down to aesthetics -- I'd be easily swayed by the cherry veneer, personally! :)

• mikejedi0619
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    R200ae has the same drivers as the l200.

Crossover components are higher quality on the r200ae

Biggest difference is cabinet bracing is better on the l200 and a different porting system.

The R200ae is warmer too me than the l200 otherwise very similar

When you say “warmer” do you mean the perception is that the sound is somewhat rolled off , in parting a more warm character in comparison to the L200 which might have more clarity but less warm sound , in comparison? I do like the extra clarity if I can get it .. but it does sound like they are very close .. while the AE still probably has superb clarity anyways ? Or is the AE just a warmer speaker just in general ? Just curious. Thanks :)

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    The legend series to me has always felt like a brighter speaker where as the reserve series sounds more reserved on the top end.

Midrange clarity is more towards the legend but this could be a perception of the brightness associated with the sound.

All in all both are good speakers for the price
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Just got a response from my sales person. So it has an ETA of toward the end of February. Not too bad. So about a month or so .. I will be keeping my order and who knows , maybe I will get lucky and it will come earlier than expected. My sales guy said will keep me updated. ! Looking forward to my L200 set in Walnut Brown :)
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Woo- hoo the L200 dropped to 1299.00 and I am getting more money refunded to me .. can’t beat that :)
    Now just gotta wait until end of February or so to receive my speakers :)

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    Options
    what happens if the price goes back up? >:)
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options

Crutchfield and Audio Advisor are authorized dealers. Personally I have had fantastic service from Audio Advisor and all the demo products I've bought, look brand new!.

Good luck

H9[/quote]

Audio advisor has a room by their office when you first walk in the door that they use for demo equipment, I believe it's mostly for photos for their catalog more than anything
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    So I confirmed I will get the price match at 1299.00 even if it goes away when the speakers ship. Very nice :smiley:
    Hopefully I get them sooner but it’s fine if I get them towards end of February :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    You have a lot more patience than I do.
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Can’t beat the 1299 price for these that’s for sure :)
  • Clipdat
    Options
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    And World Wide Stereo is the ****! I’ve dealt with them many times over the year, both online and in person
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mikejedi0619
    mikejedi0619 Posts: 96
    edited January 2023
    Options
    World Wide Stereo is where I ordered it from — when I called they said they had them in stock just like the website (still!) shows lol. But then they came back and said website is wrong and I have to back order. I don’t get it but the salesmen and WWW have been excellent communicators and apologized etc gave me a discount initially and now get a further discount based on new pricing when it ships.

I don’t understand how their inventory system works I guess 😂

But they seem to be pretty good 60 day return , price matching , free shipping etc. :)
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Oh wow, weird. I hate it when retailers don't accurately display stock information on their sites.
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Oh wow, weird. I hate it when retailers don't accurately display stock information on their sites.

Yeah it’s a pet peeve of mine as well. I don’t understand it

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1POL200

In stock, free shipping. They will be like new. Trust me AA is the bomb. I've bought many demo products and they are like new. Many are for photo's.

H9

P.s. Don't wait, they won't last
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »

In stock, free shipping. They will be like new. Trust me AA is the bomb. I've bought many demo products and they are like new. Many are for photo's.

H9

While I have had some good luck with AA demo items in the past, the recent pair of demo L200s I purchased had to be returned. Both tweeter tips were broken and one of the tweeters was partially pushed in. There were also several severe scratches on the side panels.

I also got a similar pair of demo L200s from Music Direct with one damaged tweeter as well. In both cases they were poorly repackaged and the pair from AA did not even have the original bags on the speakers. This all happened the same week so I gave up on upgrading to the Legend series.

Probably just luck of the draw but at the current sale price it may be better to buy new directly from Polk and use the 10% off code.

2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Wow, that sucks. They definitely shouldn't be selling blatantly damaged products as something in "demo" condition.

Were you able to get a full refund with return shipping covered?
  • sgmsmg
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Wow, that sucks. They definitely shouldn't be selling blatantly damaged products as something in "demo" condition.

Were you able to get a full refund with return shipping covered?

Yes, I did eventually get a full refund and they covered the shipping but it was a bit of a hassle and they took their time.

I was so discouraged I returned the L400 I had purchased as well. Shipping was on me for that but I was willing to pay and just be done with any plans to upgrade.
    2 Channel
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI

Home Theater
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I'm very sorry that you had that experience with two different retailers! I'm sure this isn't what Polk intends when they allow their authorized dealers to sell their products in "demo" condition.
  • sgmsmg
    Options
    Thanks. Like I said I have been lucky with demo stuff other times it just wasn't meant to be this time.
    I will just try to be content with my LSiMs.
    2 Channel

Home Theater
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Judging by the equipment listed in your signature you have two killer systems! Enjoy!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    sgmsmg wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

While I have had some good luck with AA demo items in the past, the recent pair of demo L200s I purchased had to be returned. Both tweeter tips were broken and one of the tweeters was partially pushed in. There were also several severe scratches on the side panels.

I also got a similar pair of demo L200s from Music Direct with one damaged tweeter as well. In both cases they were poorly repackaged and the pair from AA did not even have the original bags on the speakers. This all happened the same week so I gave up on upgrading to the Legend series.

Probably just luck of the draw but at the current sale price it may be better to buy new directly from Polk and use the 10% off code.

That is highly unusual for AA, but I can see how that might slip through the cracks occasionally. That stinks that both places did that. I would be upset because that is unacceptable. Glad you got a refund, but the hassle still stinks.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Yeah I once ordered a “demo” phono stage from AA. What I got looked and was packed just like it was factory fresh. It’s too bad their speakers that are demos that are having issues
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Guess what showed up at my door early this morning that I signed for , way earlier than expected !!! L200 Walnut color. !!!!!!! Great job World Wide Stereo. And I get the 1299.00 price. Can’t wait to hook these up this weekend !!!!!!! :) very excited to upgrade from the old Klipsch !
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,190
    Options
    Very good! Welcome to the Polk family, you got some badass bookies there
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Keep in mind the Legends take a LONG TIME to break in and come into their own... at least 200 hours, but once they open up, your ears will be rewarded!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Looks like I got ALOT of listening to do. ! Sounds like a good time lol
    Gotta cue up some “Thriller” original LP and my new MoFi copies digital SACD and analog

My Miles “KOB” original mono and stereo and my UHQR 45 version(s)

Coltrane “Blue Train” MusicMatters mono 33

Jimi Hendrix AYE

Eagles MoFi SACDs and LPs

Amongst other stuff

:)

Very excited peeps !!
    czgloks5zaht.jpeg
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    My Yamaha AS2200 has a new friend :)