I ordered Polk L200!!! Will replace my old Klipsch!!

Options
I want to say thanks to all the peeps here who have interacted with this newbie Polkster (at least since the late 90s) !

I ordered them from a dealer and got a little bit of a discount , covering all the tax and I am happy !! Ordered them in Brown color :) and I am excited !! Thanks again to you all .). Will let you know as soon as I set them up ;) with my Yammie AS2200 etc

Michael in Las Vegas

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Congrats! Looking forward to pics.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Congrats! Your ears will thank you soon. :)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,051
    Options
    Pictures of the order screen?

Congrats!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited January 2023
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »

Congrats!

With or without the billing information blacked out?
    B)

@mikejedi0619 -- I've gotta think you'll love them.
    Refresh "our" (my) memory, though -- what will you be using for amplification?
    They'll require rather more oompf than the Klipsch (at least if you want to listen loud, which you may or may not), and will certainly respond best to quality and not just quantity of amplification.

I mean, I use R200s with a less than stellar source, but with no complaints -- so I don't really expect you to be disappointed, but I also hope you'll be able to take advantage of all that the L200s will bring to the table. :)

50841680198_f6223a43e1_b.jpg

Congratulations!
  • VR3
    Options
    Depends on if he likes to live dangerously?

An Austin Powers in our midst?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Congrats!

B)

They'll require rather more oompf than the Klipsch (at least if you want to listen loud, which you may or may not), and will certainly respond best to quality and not just quantity of amplification.

I mean, I use R200s with a less than stellar source, but with no complaints -- so I don't really expect you to be disappointed, but I also hope you'll be able to take advantage of all that the L200s will bring to the table. :)

Congratulations!

Thank you !! It’s a Yamaha AS2200 -190 into 4 ohms dynamic power rating etc

Integrated AmplifierRated Output PowerHigh Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms)Damping FactorFrequency ResponseRIAA Equalization DeviationTotal Harmonic Distortion (20Hz to 20kHz)Signal-to-Noise RatioInput SensitivityTransformerDimensions (W x H x D)Weight
    A-S2200
    Receiver / Integrated Amplifier
    Rated Output Power [20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD] 90 W + 90 W (8 ohms), 150 W + 150 W (4 ohms)
    High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms) 105/135/190/220 W
    Damping Factor ≧ 250 (1 kHz, 8 ohms)
    Frequency Response +0 / -3 dB (5 Hz-100 kHz) , +0 / -0.3 dB (20 Hz-20 kHz)
    RIAA Equalization Deviation +/-0.5 dB (PHONO (MM/MC))
    Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz to 20kHz) PHONO MC→LINE2 OUT: 0.02 % (1.2 Vrms), PHONO→LINE2 OUT: 0.005 % (1.2 Vrms), CD, etc./BAL→SP OUT: 0.035 % (50 W/8 ohms)
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio PHONO MC: 90 db, PHONO MM: 96 dB, CD, etc.: 110 dB, BAL: 114 dB
    Input Sensitivity [1 kHz, 100 W/8 ohms] PHONO MC: 150 uVrms/50 ohms, PHONO MM: 3.5 mVrms/47 kohms, CD, etc.: 200 mVrms/47 kohms, MAIN IN: 1 Vrms/47 kohms, BAL: 200 mVrms/100 kohms
    Transformer 625VA (Toroidal)
    Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/8" x 6-1/8" x 18-1/4"
    Weight 50.0 lbs

I can’t wait. I think in my small loft 11 x 15 I should get the output. Speakers will be about 7 feet apart and will sit about 7 feet away in my leather seat :). Definitely not trying for a massive living room lol. That Yamaha you have there is a nice one.!! They don’t make surround receivers like that anymore. Good power too. And of course can be used for stereo listening it’s quite robust. I bet they push the R200 great. !! Probably would with the L as well is my guess. Looks like that’s a 2090 from the mid 90s I think from Yamaha.

Yamaha overbuilds their stuff and are usually conservative rated. The new higher end AS series is so good. :)

• Emlyn
    Options
    One of the most important things someone can do in building an audio system is learn early on that buying speakers too large for a listening area isn't a good thing.

These speakers are just the right size. Good speaker stands will improve them too.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Congrats!

Now the break in process begins.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2023
    Options

Congrats!

B)

Congratulations!

Integrated AmplifierRated Output PowerHigh Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms)Damping FactorFrequency ResponseRIAA Equalization DeviationTotal Harmonic Distortion (20Hz to 20kHz)Signal-to-Noise RatioInput SensitivityTransformerDimensions (W x H x D)Weight
    A-S2200
    Rated Output Power [20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD] 90 W + 90 W (8 ohms), 150 W + 150 W (4 ohms)
    Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz to 20kHz) PHONO MC→LINE2 OUT: 0.02 % (1.2 Vrms), PHONO→LINE2 OUT: 0.005 % (1.2 Vrms), CD, etc./BAL→SP OUT: 0.035 % (50 W/8 ohms)
    Signal-to-Noise Ratio PHONO MC: 90 db, PHONO MM: 96 dB, CD, etc.: 110 dB, BAL: 114 dB
    Input Sensitivity [1 kHz, 100 W/8 ohms] PHONO MC: 150 uVrms/50 ohms, PHONO MM: 3.5 mVrms/47 kohms, CD, etc.: 200 mVrms/47 kohms, MAIN IN: 1 Vrms/47 kohms, BAL: 200 mVrms/100 kohms
    Weight 50.0 lbs

I can’t wait. I think in my small loft 11 x 15 I should get the output. Speakers will be about 7 feet apart and will sit about 7 feet away in my leather seat :). Definitely not trying for a massive living room lol. That Yamaha you have there is a nice one.!! They don’t make surround receivers like that anymore. Good power too. And of course can be used for stereo listening it’s quite robust. I bet they push the R200 great. !! Probably would with the L as well is my guess. Looks like that’s a 2090 from the mid 90s I think from Yamaha.

Yamaha overbuilds their stuff and are usually conservative rated. The new higher end AS series is so good. :)

You should be golden. Indeed, that should be dandy.
    You see... umm...
    I have this -- thing -- about Yamaha hifi hardware.
    :blush:

51043414128_873ba126e0_h.jpg

PS Oh. The stone-age AVR in my previous post is a Yamaha RX-V1050, as found on the scrap pile at our daughter & son-in-law's town dump (about 1/2 hour away). Our little town doesn't have a dump. :( My wife and my daughter hate it when my son-in-law and I go to the dump together. B)

48976262107_fc1a755fcc_b.jpg

• mikejedi0619
    Options

Congrats!

B)

Congratulations!

A-S2200
    Weight 50.0 lbs

You should be golden. Indeed, that should be dandy.
    You see... umm...
    I have this -- thing -- about Yamaha hifi hardware.
    :blush:

51043414128_873ba126e0_h.jpg

PS Oh. The stone-age AVR in my previous post is a Yamaha RX-V1050, as found on the scrap pile at our daughter & son-in-law's town dump (about 1/2 hour away). Our little town doesn't have a dump. :( My wife and my daughter hate it when my son-in-law and I go to the dump together. B)

Lol!! I wish my wife would let me go find old stuff like that in our city dump. Nah. It’s Vegas lol. Maybe someday. lol oh well. Somebody’s gotta do it ! There are gems in there ! I once owned a Rx-V870 AV receiver , which was very similar to the 850 and it had a good power section so I know that 1050 puts out real power. I think that one is 1991 or so.

I thought I had a lot of old Yamaha equipment !
    But my stuff is from the 90s. DSPA3090 , RXV1 and DSP Z 7. And my downstairs AV pre amp CXA 5200 with my def techs and parasound multi channel amp etc AV system

But you have the legendary Yamaha stuff CA series etc. great stuff :)

48976262107_fc1a755fcc_b.jpg

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    Congrats - get good stands, set them up properly and make sure to let them break in. You'll be in for a real treat.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Well ,

My Dealer informs me they have it on order with Polk .. apparently they don’t have them even though their website shows it. Lol. But I got a discount and they are in Brown which is the color I wanted. The salesman is on it .. he is trying to find out a ETA. But they did charge me upfront He said if I want if it ends up being too long , I can cancel. He’s been great.
    Anyways ..Just my luck. Lol. So hopefully it’s sooner rather than later. Really been looking forward to this. I should have more info later in the day. Just letting my Polk buddies here know what’s happening. Trying not to get too worked up LOL :)

Talk to you guys soon

Michael
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Apparently all of the Polk L series is on Backorder. No ETA as of yet but my salesman is working to get from his team more info on the ETA asap. Uggggg. Well hopefully the wait isn’t like months. Lol. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for listening .. I am just very excited to listen to these :) and get them started

Michael
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Just cancel it and order that refurb walnut pair off A4L for $1k.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Just cancel it and order that refurb walnut pair off A4L for $1k.

That's a good call! I've ordered a few units from A4L, two integra units and my current Marantz......all refurbs now with over 5 years of use on my last, no issues from any of the units.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    I really don’t understand why retailers show these as in stock ready to ship if they don’t have them 😞 and then they either take the order and $$ and then say oh sorry back order and here is a potential ETA etc. Makes no sense to me 🙂 just curious 🤨

As far as AC4L might be an option but I prefer a factory fresh unit on Loudspeakers. Maybe it’s just me I don’t know but with speakers I get worried lol. AC4L has excellent reviews though. That is good !! and I would assume everything is fine !! Plus I don’t know if those were already broken in etc

but right now my luck is weird lol.
    Hopefully I get an updated ETA soon.

Thank you guys I appreciate the suggestions. I did not anticipate this. I mean if I had known upfront I might have waited a bit for when they are in stock lol !! Anyways ;)

Michael
  • Emlyn
    Options
    The truth is some small retailers carry little to no stock at all because doing that is expensive and when a customer requests something they can get things drop shipped by another company they have arrangements with. That was how many brick and mortar stores operated before most of them went under.
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Hmm maybe A4CL might be the way to go for a G. Lol. They are an Authorized Polk Dealer I would think. It says 2 year refurbished warranty. Not the standard 5 year. Hmm I wish it had the 5. But this still might be a consideration depending on the ETA
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    The truth is some small retailers carry little to no stock at all because doing that is expensive and when a customer requests something they can get things drop shipped by another company they have arrangements with. That was how many brick and mortar stores operated before most of them went under.

That is true I have no doubt… things def have changed in the retail stereo industry in recent years especially. It’s just crazy when the sales person tells you it’s in stock and then — boom ! Lol. But they probably don’t even know that until after the fact. !

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Not just 'retail stereo' -- the for-profit world has learned from the collectors... scarcity enhances value, and scarcity plus (perceived) quality really enhances value.
    Look at the model for new car sales that has emerged through the supply-chain imbroglio catalyzed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Car manufacturers can make more money by making it harder for folks to buy cars (i.e., via constrained supply). The days of (new) car dealer lots overflowing with shiny new vehicles are probably over.

I am not saying Polk (i.e., the company that owns Polk) is doing this deliberately -- but supply and demand's a real thing. ;)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    None of us had any problems getting our Legend or R-series speakers in remarkable speed last month during Polk's forum sale. I realize the L200's and R200's were not included in that sale, but I doubt Polk is doing anything regarding supply and demand deliberately.
  • heiney9
    Options
    A4LS is not an authorized Polk dealer. In my experience, they deal in close outs, overstock and B-stock. That's not to say they are a shoddy company, there needs to be a reliable and reputable outlet for this kind of gear. In many cases it's just as good even if it's not the latest model or is a refurb.

Crutchfield and Audio Advisor are authorized dealers. Personally I have had fantastic service from Audio Advisor and all the demo products I've bought, look brand new!.

Right now AA has the L100's open box and demo on huge discount, but at this time not any other Polk bookies. If you want a good price, patience is what it takes.

Good luck

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    While I am waiting I enjoy chatting with you guys. You Certainly know your stuff .. I was just a kid basically when I last had my Polks — RT16 towers , I think the matching center and a PSW 400 (great band pass sub for the time imo) great for HT .. music not so much but it had a nice silver tweet. — and I know more now than I knew then. Of course Dad was my inspiration :) he used to take me around to the audio stores here in Vegas in the 1980s (back when we had a bunch of real high end brick and mortar stores - now it’s minimal maybe a handful ) I remember listening I think it was the monitor series and the was it the Polk LS series ? and being impressed as a kid. And of course I liked the Mirage bipolars too. I wanted the big version of those as well M7si I think it was — couldn’t afford them. Couldn’t afford any of it really. Lol !! That’s why I eventually got a Def tech bipolar pair downstairs I use for HT mostly. But they are nice speaks. Got them in 2007. Nice talking with you guys. My dad was USAF 56-65 and him and his buddies loved technical stuff — I think that’s why he got into it so fast. He had a Fisher tube receiver , R2R , Dual TT ,

Etc. in later years he said I can carry the torch and I have with my vinyl etc etc. :)

etc etc.
  • heiney9
    Options
    Audio Advisor has R200's (demo) $599.00.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I was a kid (at least legally, barely -- although in those days, I could drink beer and wine) when I bought my first Polks. :)
    We're still together B)

9420465531_6f3b7ba93f_c.jpg

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Apparently all of the Polk L series is on Backorder. No ETA as of yet but my salesman is working to get from his team more info on the ETA asap. Uggggg. Well hopefully the wait isn’t like months. Lol. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks for listening .. I am just very excited to listen to these :) and get them started

Michael

Polk Amazon store shows a pair in brown that would be delivered by the 20th
    https://www.amazon.com/Polk-L200-Premium-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B08ZDSH17Q?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

AA Amazon says I can receive by the 17Th

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Legend-Premium-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B08ZDSH17Q/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=polk&m=A2763VQ7SN6URD&qid=1673650088&s=merchant-items&sr=1-12&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.a35299f9-b208-4220-b44f-8302ea287e63&th=1
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Options
    R200ae
  • heiney9
    Options
    R200ae

I'm waiting for AA to put those on sale/demo/open box/closeout, etc. Then I *might* replace my R200's.

H9
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    R200ae

Kinda surprised these haven't sold out yet, just sayin'...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    I wonder how close the R200AE are to the L200. ? Probably not that close , I would think that the L200 still has a better build and crossover even though the AE is supposed to have a better crossover than the regular R. Plus I think the L 200 has a better tweeter , although I could be incorrect.
    Hopefully I get a ETA this week on my L200 :)