I ordered Polk L200!!! Will replace my old Klipsch!!

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    should be a good combination, I would think.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Congrats, looking forward to unboxing & setup photos.
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    So my amp says about 190 watts 4 ohms. It’s rated 90 at 8 ohms

So does that mean I have 190 watts at my disposal with the L200 since it’s a 4 ohm speaker ?
    Thanks all , I’m a little rusty on my ohms stuff :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    What amp?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,189
    Options
    Yamaha as2200, he posted a few days ago, I see that the AS2200 is rated at 90WPC at 8 and 150WPC at 4. So you should see 150 watts, plenty for those L200’s. Should be a great match
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Yeah it says 150 and then it also says in the specs 190 W dynamic power. Maybe that’s what it can at the max. I’m sure 150 should be plenty for sure tho :)
  • stangman67
    Options
    Dynamic power is a lesser important rating. The power rating you want to pay attention to is continuous/rms. Either way you have more than enough grunt to achieve great sound at elevated volumes!

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mikejedi0619
    mikejedi0619 Posts: 96
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Looks like something is going on with the L200 model .. completely sold out from the Polk audio website. It’s a good thing I bought mine wow! . It would be strange if these were discontinued this early in the product cycle .. weirdness ! Who knows probably just sold out. I suppose that’s a good thing :) a good speaker :) lol
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2023
    Options
    You ninja-edited!
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Yeah I at first thought the L200 disappeared entirely from the site but it was just moved down to the bottom of the list. ! Weird lol.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    You ninja-edited!
    Yeah I at first thought the L200 disappeared entirely from the site but it was just moved down to the bottom of the list. ! Weird lol.

4fhsxosyk1d0.png

ff9ky5irgu3m.png

B)

• Clipdat
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Are they hooked up yet? For Pete's sake what is taking so long?
  • stangman67
    Options
    I’m sure he’s just been entranced by them and hasn’t left the couch in days

• Clipdat
    Options
    $1,000 they're still in the box.
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    Yes they are still in the box .. lol my 1 year old and to do list for my house and my job of course. taking up my time!
    . But I have Saturday afternoon planned for hook up and will post on here after some initial listening :) for sure
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Yes they are still in the box .. lol my 1 year old and to do list for my house and my job of course. taking up my time!
    . But I have Saturday afternoon planned for hook up and will post on here after some initial listening :) for sure

I feel your pain… I have a 6 year old and a one year old.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    It’s been said many times but it’s gonna be a long burn in time before they will sound good. So be patient. If you have a tuner let it run 24/7 at low volume for a minimum of 100 hours. It’ll sound bad, good, bad again, etc until it finally sounds real good. You should be surprised by the bass too
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    The good thing is I have Saturday afternoon and night to play with it. Sunday is busy but I have a few hours and all day Monday mostly since I took a day off from work ;)

Gotta get those woofers moving lol. Zeppelin Miles Eagles etc :)

I’m going to be pumping stuff with big dynamic range I have a bunch of Usher speaker demo CDs from years ago when I used to go to CES with my Dad They are quite dynamic

I also have a bunch of chesky discs , and Sheffield lab etc etc
  • mikejedi0619
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I hope Dad in heaven is ok with me replacing his trusty Klipsch RB5 bookies. I’m sure he is .. he always said I would and did go further than he ever did in audio ..
    Man he had some nice stuff tho like the tubed Fisher receiver , etc.
    I still have his 2nd (made in Japan) Akai 4000DS R2R machine , a German SW Normende radio and a Made in Japan TEAC V66C cassette. Maybe for a future system

• mikejedi0619
    Options
    Gotta break out my Anita Baker 80s CDs too. T minus soon. The cleaning peeps are here and waiting for their departure. And then my Daughter needs a nap 😴. After that my afternoon will be free. Gonna have to move the old speaks to my office on top of my desk shelf for display purposes. :)
  • mikejedi0619
    Options
    bad9fz7vnulv.jpeg
    My Daughter awoke from her nap. Now feeding her so hopefully will finish hooking them up tonite and get some good listening in !! They look sweet .. probably will tweak the distance etc but this is a good start :)
  • mikejedi0619
    edited February 2023
    Options
    vbwn3zuy38ii.jpeg

Bon Jovi “Crossroad” CD (I think this one mastered by B Grundman) Track 10 “Acoustic Version “ Running on a Prayer 1994
    W O W. Unbelievable I don’t think I need a sub lol. Also acoustic guitars and electric - no words ! Rotel CD11 Tribute KI

Bob James “Feel like Makin Live!” SACD
    Again — Wow ! Are u sure these are only 6 inch woofers ?! Also clear as a bell but not overly so. Very well balanced Oppo 105D

Getz/Gilberto Analogue Productions SACD
    Soo freaking nice. Warm Like butter but detailed not overly warm either

The only one that I wasn’t yet enamored with is my “Thriller “ MoFi sacd which sounds a bit flat but then again—- I know I have a lot more break in so things will undoubtably improve but impressive for something that is just turned on !!

More to come :) overall I’m loving the overall character. No problems the Yamaha is pounding the Polks nicely. It seems I’m only using about 10-15 watts to get to a nice level that I like according to my VU meters. This Yamaha is more powerful than the specs indicate I suspect .. it’s mating very well with the Polks :)
    No more of that muddy Klipsch bass .. no more ear glare amongst other stuff. The bass is so freaking clean but punchy !!!!!

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Wait until they are properly broken in, it gets much better. It may get worse for a while and then better again.....

And on proper stands. Sitting on a cabinet just transfers resonance into the cabinets.

Sounds like you're having fun with them just being out of the box.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Not a fan of the MoFi Thriller... It is good but not the best version of that recording.

• mhardy6647
    Options
    @mikejedi0619

You need more rekkids.
    B)

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    I recommend something like these to place on the bottoms of the speakers to separate them from the tops of "Kalax" type shelves which are basically hollow chipboard panels. The shelves will suck the life out of the speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095JY5CML/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • mikejedi0619
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I recommend something like these to place on the bottoms of the speakers to separate them from the tops of "Kalax" type shelves which are basically hollow chipboard panels. The shelves will suck the life out of the speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095JY5CML/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used the clear round ones , similar to the ones you are linking to … from this 3M set that I have more of ..

h4jvjdghtxk5.jpeg

Or do you think the ones you are linking to are better ? I do remember hearing a difference when I put the 3M ones on the old Klipsch.

• Clipdat
    Options
    My Polk L200 came with rubber feet.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Not a fan of the MoFi Thriller... It is good but not the best version of that recording.

Waste of my money, I can't believe I looked forward to it.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~