Something came in the “mail” today!

Options

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    I'm impressed you could stop yourself after one speaker. I would have destroyed my back just to hear the pair. I have no self control.

You overlooked his follow up post where he admitted that he’s just like the rest of us and couldn’t resist hauling the 2nd speaker upstairs😁
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    Guilty as charged! Absolutely zero self control
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    I like the look of the flax drivers. I have the little baby 4" ones in my Shape 40 monitors:
    ev6uxol35pxf.png
  • stangman67
    Options
    The eagle has landed! I need to drink some beer and recharge before I put this 100 pound box up three flights of stairs to the attic

e3k533oiwehn.jpg

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    The eagle has landed! I need to drink some beer and recharge before I put this 100 pound box up three flights of stairs to the attic

e3k533oiwehn.jpg

I’d help you,but that’s kind of heavy.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I couldn’t resist. I man handled the other one upstairs too lol

OK wait...I know these have some heft and the boxes look pretty large. I had to look it up.

oawuxi6jclhl.jpg

You're a bad man!

Nice!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • stangman67
    Options
    That’s the kanta 2 specs, the 3’s are 101 pounds, 116 with packaging! So in short I am crazy

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Looks great, enjoy!
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Very neat! Nice job with everything!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    The BEASTS have been unleashed B)

Nice!!!

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    First impressions have me feeling like a kid on Christmas. So easy to listen to, which was my main concern. No harshness to speak of in my room

iml7kf94a3k3.jpeg

I heard the beryllium tweeter on the Sopra No. 2, danged if it isn’t the most delicate and open-sounding dome-type tweeter I’ve heard. Approaches ribbons in that regard, imo.

Kevin Deal did a video where he drops the Focal. beryllium tweeter dome, and it floats/flutters slowly to the ground like a leaf in the wind. Cool!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • guyincognito
    Options
    Very cool. Well done man.
    Rega Planar 8, Apheta 3 MC , Aria mk2 Phono
    Aurender n100h, Benchmark DAC2 HGC
    Arcam SR250, Parasound JC5
    Revel F208, SVS SB-4000
  • stangman67
    Options
    Spent many hours listening tonight, until I got the text from the wife "Please turn it down" lol. Been a long time since I shut it down after bed time!

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Focal makes some good lookin' bling, that's for sure.
    And that ModWright wouldn't get kicked outta bed either...if ya know what I'm sayin'...

tumblr_n5hpznns6w1shl3p1o8_r1_250.gifv
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • stangman67
    Options
    I know I know, only as good as the iphone mic and computer speakers but damn. This song really makes a good set of speakers shine

https://youtu.be/MZNOkFbmufM

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Having just brought down a pair of 115lb speakers from my upstairs room I can appreciate the misery you went through to get those beauties up there. I also know how tough it is to bring a 94lb amp up 3 flights of stairs. At 66 now I know I'd have to stop somewhere and wouldn't be able to do it in one shot like I used to.
    I'm also betting lugging the kegs upstairs have something to do with keeping you in shape for those heavy equipment moves.
    Great looking room and I bet it sounds just as nice as it looks.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,182
    Options
    Nice. See how it sounds with a few blankets draped over the TV screen. That's a pretty large reflective surface right there. I'm hearing lots of reverb.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • stangman67
    Options
    I'll give it a shot, but I suspect any weirdness you are hearing has more to do with the low ceilings and angled back wall behind the listening position. I have panels to mount on the angle behind me to help out with any interaction/reflections. That is a project for this weekend

• stangman67
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I like the look of the flax drivers. I have the little baby 4" ones in my Shape 40 monitors:
    ev6uxol35pxf.png

Those are expensive little guys! Bet they sound great. Would be awesome in my stateroom on the ship B)

• BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    I know I know, only as good as the iphone mic and computer speakers but damn. This song really makes a good set of speakers shine

https://youtu.be/MZNOkFbmufM

One more look and listen.

I'm surprised you have come out of that room.
    They look GREAT!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Options
    Congrats on the speakers!. Like others have said they look great as well as the room. I can only imagine how they sound.
    Is the amp running normally now?
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • stangman67
    Options
    Yup amp is nice and cool to the touch, and even between the channels. Dan re biased both channels and replaced some output transistors that were under stress from the bias issues on the right side. Good as new, all on TMR’s tab, so I am a happy camper

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Beautiful looking and sounding even on my computer speakers. Congrats!!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    Options
    I know I know, only as good as the iphone mic and computer speakers but damn. This song really makes a good set of speakers shine.

The musicality translated admirably, in spite of the technical limitations! 👏 😎
    Alea jacta est!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Love the ManCave, nicely done!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • stangman67
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I’m really happy with how it turned out. Been jamming all morning/mounting acoustic panels, which is exponentially more difficult on angled ceiling walls

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    I’m sure it is!