Something came in the “mail” today!

Options
cb4pw6phixcz.jpeg
7zz2cy8chlis.jpeg
2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    lm6jw30wf343.jpeg

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    They looked bigger in the picture.....

:D
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Hell, all I got were bills :(

Congrats!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Nice hole in the box.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Yeah hopefully no damage to the actual speaker.
  • stangman67
    Options
    That’s the first thing I looked at before I signed the release form, the hole wasnt fully through the box, I pulled it open to check and don’t see anything whatsoever

• oldrocker
    Options
    @muncybob

No doubt, I got just my heating bill :(
  • oldrocker
    Options
    Thankfully NO damage from that hole.

I just don't get it.......
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    edited January 2022
    Options
    They sometimes like to poke the hole right where the "Fragile Handle With Care" sticker is.

:D

BTW the name and address is visible on the shipping label. Congrats on getting them!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    BTW the name and address is visible on the shipping label. Congrats on getting them!

100 pizzas headed your way! :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • stangman67
    Options
    I won’t complain, even a little bit

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    “name and address is visible”

So you are Dutch! Looking forward to more pics.
  • stangman67
    Options
    I’m still painting upstairs and the Modwright amp is in UPS limbo right now. I’ll probably get these upstairs tomorrow and unpack them

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    @muncybob

No doubt, I got just my heating bill :(

If it was anything like mine, it was as much as a new set of Focal Kantas!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    🥳 Congratulations! 🙌

Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

I’m interested in these too, but won’t buy until I actually get to listen to them at the local dealer (who also carries some Polk, so I’ll be able to compare with Reserve or Legend as well).
    Alea jacta est!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Congrats, look forward to the review.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Nice score, Congrats!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    I’m interested in these too, but won’t buy until I actually get to listen to them at the local dealer (who also carries some Polk, so I’ll be able to compare with Reserve or Legend as well).

What dealer?
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Upscale Audio.

https://upscaleaudio.com/

There are many in the area, obviously, but this place stocks all of my favorite brands, so I get to try out a full system — from A to Z —that way. Also, one of my kids has to go to the nearby airfield for flying lessons.

I’m not going to spend anything north of $2K without listening first. There are just too many variables to consider.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Lugged one of these behemoths upstairs by myself today. The other one will wait until tomorrow so my wife can help me. I don’t think I did any permanent damage to my back today, but I don’t want to push it.

It’s certainly not a small speaker, the LSIMs were big but this has more depth and considerably more width. About a foot off the back wall and about two feet off the side “bench” is about all I can do. Not ideal but I’m not too worried about it.

jlgn5phay0b4.jpeg
    q702k2rdd1cc.jpeg

'Statement' Speaker by looks alone, beautiful B) Congrats!

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    pull out those mono records! :)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • stangman67
    Options
    I couldn’t resist. I man handled the other one upstairs too lol

• Clipdat
    Options
    Are they brand new or demo units with some time on them?
  • stangman67
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Are they brand new or demo units with some time on them?

They are used. Bought them from Precision A/V in Chicago. Focal dealer, original purchaser traded them in on something higher end. Saved quite a lot of money over buying them new

• Clipdat
    Options
    Cool, presumably at least you won't have to log as much time with them then before they open up.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    Beautiful!! Happy listening 🎶🎶🎶
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • guyincognito
    Options
    I'm impressed you could stop yourself after one speaker. I would have destroyed my back just to hear the pair. I have no self control.
    Rega Planar 8, Apheta 3 MC , Aria mk2 Phono
    Aurender n100h, Benchmark DAC2 HGC
    Arcam SR250, Parasound JC5
    Revel F208, SVS SB-4000