Vanilla problem

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,805
Vanilla is double posting PM's and throwing out the spam message.
You have posted 2 times within 30 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 60 seconds before attempting to post again.

@CFarrell_SoundUnited
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    It's pretty unusable at this point.

Also, 3 different posts I made around Noon are no longer there.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I think they must've updated the Vanilla software again. I noticed when typing posts now, a little "Draft saved at [time]" appears at the lower left hand corner occasionally.

So in typical Vanilla fashion, they added unnecessary features and broke other features that were working fine. Truly amazing.
  • F1nut
    Options
    The draft saved thing is ANNOYING as hell, completely unnecessary.

GET RID OF IT!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    This site blows! JFC

Get Rid of that effing draft saving crud
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Something is affecting post ability drastically.

This short sentence had that draft crud 7 times every 3 letters
  • F1nut
    Options

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    things are definitely a bit offkilter.
    Must've been another vanilla upgrade gone awry. :(
    The "Draft save" pop-over every 10 seconds is, at best, annoying -- and is presumably wasting resources and bandwidth for everybody concerned, including the website itself.

FWIW, I suspect the PM problem and the "Draft Saved" flukes are interrelated and not just correlated.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved. Draft saved.
    Draft saved......it never ends!!!

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Vanilla is a load of horse manure on a 110 degree day after a wet rain...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    As long as we are beating on Vanilla, one thing I would like is for it to stop changing the font color of the thread title from dark black to light black when a thread is read. I haven’t seen any other forum do that, and, to me anyway, it is annoying to have posts listed in different colors. Just list the posts from newest to oldest, and leave the post title font color alone.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Clipdat
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Another annoying change I just noticed, when you click on the link to view the latest post in a thread, this one:
    oomglaucl1yu.png

And the page loads and takes you to the latest post in the thread, it no longer just "snaps to" or makes that post the one that loads. Instead, it loads the thread page and then quickly "smooth scrolls" down to the latest post and displays it.

What actual purpose does that serve, other than to waste a split second of time and cause an annoying visual disturbance?

That link should load the latest thread post, not load the thread page number and then smooth scroll down to the newest post in question. It's visually irritating and completely pointless. Who the hell at Vanilla is coming up with these needless "new features"? I shudder to think that some programmer/UI "expert" actually got paid to come up with and implement this "new feature."
  • Clipdat
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Oh and also when you are on "Recent Discussions" and you use the above link to view the latest post in a thread, when you then click the browser's back button, it takes you back to the Recent Discussions page but the thread you were just viewing is still listed as unread.

How about they fix this bug before they add more stupid features that nobody wants like smooth scrolling.

It used to be when you hit back and the Recent Discussions page loaded again, the thread you had just viewed was no longer bold/unread, and was properly displaying as read. After one of the updates this nice feature stopped working.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Vanilla is code for disaster.

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Options
    Hopefully our admin @CFarrell_SoundUnited can adjust or turn off some of these new unwanted "features" in the Vanilla control panel, thus improving our forum experience.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    ^^ Also you like how it inserts a page break after you tag someone now? Yet another feature not a bug, right?
  • F1nut
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I sent an email to Vanilla. If you want to send one this is their email addy.
    support@vanillaforums.com

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Oh yeah I'm sure Vanilla will get right on it.
    64odo430y9zr.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Oh yeah I'm sure Vanilla will get right on it.
    64odo430y9zr.png

Top.
    Men.

https://youtu.be/Fdjf4lMmiiI

cepy14eqkpt1.png
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,340
    Options
    This forum has some serious issues right now. Double posting, spam notifications, "Draft saving" notifications, issues with PM'ing a member....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Draft saving doesn't actually save the draft either, BTW. It just seems to be holding it in memory and as soon as you hit "Post Comment", that buffer goes away. So if there's any problem with posting the comment, you lost your entire post and have to rewrite it.

To actually save a draft you have to click the "Save Draft" button next to the "Post Comment" button.

So the auto-save feature is pretty useless.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    So the auto-save feature is pretty useless

Completely!

Seems the crew here looks for and implements stuff that in reality seems to be a fix searching for a problem.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Draft saving doesn't actually save the draft either, BTW. It just seems to be holding it in memory and as soon as you hit "Post Comment", that buffer goes away. So if there's any problem with posting the comment, you lost your entire post and have to rewrite it...

Well, that's a disaster.
    :(

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    And wtf is up with this??? Apparently you are not allowed to chat any more???

5fxpdltxkq4c.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    So the auto-save feature is pretty useless

Completely!

Seems the crew here looks for and implements stuff that in reality seems to be a fix searching for a problem.

I don't think it's being done maliciously, I think Vanilla just applies/pushes their latest update (in this case it now says "Vanilla Foundation Theme 2022" at the bottom of the screen) and then this is what we get if you just accept all the default changes/"features" without modifying/adjusting them for your environment/site.

There needs to be someone from Polk/SU or a volunteer admin member who can actually be granted the appropriate access rights to be able to manage the look & feel and core functionality of the forum.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I sent an email to Vanilla. If you want to send one this is their email addy.
    support@vanillaforums.

That is certainly the mature reasonable thing to do.

.....however, having said that...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ka_O1Sa6_0

Yes, I've got the TiKi torches lit and we march on Headquarters

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw5pmDgWMaU

DISCLAIMER:. Not valid where prohibited by law.
    Sal Palooza
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    And wtf is up with this??? Apparently you are not allowed to chat any more???

5fxpdltxkq4c.png

Got this also....and the little draft thingey popping out over and over.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Most excellent Hermit !
    (except the Lightman thread,
    I dunno about that)
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    Options