Options
124»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    Made my day!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 603
    Options
    Hope that's not in California.
    Soon that generator might be illegal.

You're in luck, it doesn't look like a California plate.
    lgy793mzx7xk.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Looks like India or at least Southeast Asia
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,714
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

They drive on the opposite side of the road in India, it being a former British colony.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

They drive on the opposite side of the road in India, it being a former British colony.

maybe the photo negative was reversed :D:D:D

You are correct of course, I zoomed in and looked at how folks were dressed ....and guessed.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,714
    Options

maybe the photo negative was reversed :D:D:D

You are correct of course, I zoomed in and looked at how folks were dressed ....and guessed.

I just looked on the voltage gauge on the generator. :p
  • F1nut
    Options

If you've ever been to India you'd know they drive wherever the hell they want as long as the horn is used, which is pretty much nonstop.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    hvilpmmb82jt.png

Just can't help myself sometimes, lol.

I sure would like to know where they fit that generator in that tiny car :smiley:
    Randy/Maine
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I would like to know why they thought it was a better idea to use a generator, which would take an hour to add just a few miles in range, and would probably require some sort of special adapter to work, rather than just call a tow truck.

Probably a fake photo anyway, intentionally edited to troll the EV haters.
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    I would like to know why they thought it was a better idea to use a generator, which would take an hour to add just a few miles in range, and would probably require some sort of special adapter to work, rather than just call a tow truck.

Troll much.....

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Most of us are not EV haters. We just don't think it's end all solution, and for many of us won't fit our lifestyle. If it works for you ...go for it!!

and please don't preach that it is environmentally friendly
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    Kex wrote: »

Just because something doesn’t fit your narrative, that doesn’t mean it’s automatically photoshopped, fake news, or trolling. Like it or not, the vast majority of people/places are not ready for EV mass consumption - they (EVs) are still in the novelty stage.

How about this - is it photoshopped too??

i9f8j0e3ukp4.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,299
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Stored kinetic energy or bust, you heathens !

7n57ej5avipd.gif
    Sal Palooza
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,560
    Options
    At some point AAA will have to come up with a mobile
    Recharging setup with a selection of common power cables.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    At some point AAA will have to come up with a mobile
    Recharging setup with a selection of common power cables.

Jumping the back roads in Texas going from one Buc-ee's to the next, we don't have no stinkin' AAA.
    We have Billy Bob and his brother/cousin Joe Bob...they can pull an 18-wheeler out of a ravine, but they ain't going to have no adapters and shat
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Stored kinetic energy or bust, you heathens !

7n57ej5avipd.gif

I hope he's going to give them midgets some water soon. No offense to you midgets...

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    I like Tesla's since they look and perform nicely. Not a fan of the rest.

EV's are nice but there's many problems that have to be addressed to make them mainstream. And to call them "green" energy is a misnomer since the majority of recharging power just comes from the grid which most markets are predominately fossil fuels.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    The march for earth friendly transportation continues
    Tesla eat your heart out

k7lweqkpe76w.gif
    Sal Palooza
  • daddyjt
    edited November 2021
    Options
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    The march for earth friendly transportation continues
    Tesla eat your heart out

k7lweqkpe76w.gif

Is that Greta Thunberg!? 🤷‍♂️😂
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Greta is a real hero. Why all the animosity towards her? She tells it like it is.

I just asked a simple question. It looked like her and I thought maybe someone could confirm whether or not it was just similarities and not the actual climate activist herself.

Keeping in mind I own one of the vehicles being discussed in this thread and still don’t feel the need to cram my *opinions* down everyone else’s throats. 🤷‍♂️
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I, however, do feel the need to cram my *opinions* down everyone else’s throats.
    In fact, because of my superior power of mental percolation, I'm legally required to do so.
    ....pretty sure about that, I'll double check on it.

As for Ms. Thunberg I'll keep my opinion to myself.
    On a sidenote, I hear that they're doing wonderful work in the field of autism lately. !
    👍🤗

Sal Palooza
  • daddyjt
    Options
    anonymouse wrote: »
    Greta is a real hero. Why all the animosity towards her? She tells it like it is.

fq96z9bpd21w.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,462
    Options
    To me, as others I'm sure as well, is the fact of "it's your money, buy what you want, DO NOT, however, tell me what to buy, period". For now, anyway, we still have the freedom to choose. The whole climate issue is a different topic, however intertwined with this it is...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me