The 1.2TL, Project Monolith

Options

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Sean said he wants to return them... 😢😢😢
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    Options
    adttyr9wx9c8.png
    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    I hope we just got punked 👌
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • VR3
    Options
    Yeah I guess they will be in the for sale section in a few months when they return

😳
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Whoa...didn't see that coming.

edit....I hope I'm just gullible and it is a punk!
    jb616u6xj8y8.gif
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    If this is a joke, it's not a funny one...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    Options
    I dunno, he said wowza and love em.. Did I misinterpret??

It was a little funny! 😝
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,754
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    I dunno, he said wowza and love em.. Did I misinterpret??

The only part we heard was the eagle has landed and more pics to come. Followed by he wants to return them with multiple sad faces.

So I guess sad faces gave us pause.
  • VR3
    Options
    To my knowledge based off email exchange, Sean is happy.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    I'm sure he's still disinfecting his britches....
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Let the man enjoy his new tunes and Vegemite sandwich. We'll be updated soon.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    I'm sure he must be a.....man at work.....Groan :p
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Be good, be good.....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Anyone check for a pulse??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Options
    It is possible he pulled his back out the last second and is stuck in the listening position?
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    Perhaps Deer In The Headlights effect combined with a mild case of Vegamite poisoning.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Toilets spin in the opposite direction when flushed in Australia
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    Sorry fellas for taking so long !
    Again I give a big Thank you to Danny via the club for supplying an excellent set of speakers,Rob for all his alloy fabrication and to Vr3 ,Trey for Everything from pickups,crating and delivery not forgetting his bomb replication skills ,there really is nothing he can’t do !
    What can I say, these 1.2s presently with only around 120hrs burn in have layers and layers of enveloping detail ,extremely effortless and transparent ,a texture and finesse that truly makes you think you are there!❤️Notes seem to have a 3 dimensional feel
    Here’s a couple of pics for now
    bb9rny7pzygm.jpeg
    bijt4vknajxx.jpeg
    u3qbtol220xt.jpeg
    ita8vwu2pubt.jpeg
    4mhu5ofi6mx7.jpeg
    clg23i6sqe2q.jpeg

• ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    No Tax was paid on entry! >:) i been very lucky over the years.
    Even though i had to pay Aussie $355 for an inspection, other than the opening of the crates i do beleive the speakers were not opened, there was no customs stickers etc.
    JayCee wrote: »
    How'd customs treat you...hopefully, no import tax? Congrats!!

• xschop
    Options
    I only have one request.... Overkill by my favorite Aussie band.... Seems befitting this endeavor.
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    I'm requesting River Runs Red by Midnight Oil for the thunderous bass.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 862
    Options
    I was a little sad to see them go(my wife still gives me **** about it as she loved them) but I am so glad they went to a fellow Polkie that will care for them. Not to mention the crazy upgrades they now have that I could have never afforded to do to the big boys.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Amazing!
    I PM'd Sean to see if he was still alive and how this was going. He finally woke up from his SRS induced coma to come back to the forum for a bit.
    More, more, more!!
  • xschop
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    I was a little sad to see them go(my wife still gives me **** about it as she loved them) but I am so glad they went to a fellow Polkie that will care for them. Not to mention the crazy upgrades they now have that I could have never afforded to do to the big boys.

Thank you for donating to science. Trey really wow'd on this build. Props to him for the design suggestion on the custom billet Xover delete/ Baffle reinforcement plate.
    Post edited by xschop on
  • VR3
    Options
    Easily one of the biggest projects I have done and this one project spawned many smaller projects.

Refreshing to see them safe and sound down under!
  • xschop
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Located my shop pics detailing the integral offset vertebrae that prevents standing waves.....
    Made from special alum tooling plate with integral taps....
    Thank you Sean for allowing me to be part of the journey. Enjoy the tunes.

cwscr23s441e.jpg
    rdzbqewauqxh.jpg
    p5f5qifsxjd2.jpg
    s7hf4nqfkbts.jpg
    kw57rp8awjc4.jpg
  • VR3
    Options
    Beautiful. Work indeed!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    ptrooper wrote: »
    4mhu5ofi6mx7.jpeg

I'm happy to see that the crossovers survived their long journey and arrived intact!
  • hytekrednek
    Options
    Yeah I guess they will be in the for sale section in a few months when they return

😳

Dibbs!!! Also, I will start a fund for a brain scan and ear exam for the man that returns them. Sadly, stuff like this really happens every day.
  • VR3
    Options

😳

Dibbs!!! Also, I will start a fund for a brain scan and ear exam for the man that returns them. Sadly, stuff like this really happens every day.

Lol was a joke but definitely would be crazy! Hehe