The 1.2TL, Project Monolith

Comments

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    What an AMAZING build! I'm :( I missed a potential opportunity to get my ears on these. I'm really looking forward to hearing the owner of this wonderful pair of speakers thoughts on them. I will say that I have several pairs of speakers that I rotate in my main stereo BUT the pair that I listen to the most are my VR3 modded Lsi9s.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    HOLY CRAP!!!! WOW!!! How did I miss this thread!!!! Trey these are CRAZY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Well I am sure working on my kitchen the last few months got in the way!!! Fantastic work!!!! Congrats Trooper Man!!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    Thank you guys! I appreciate it! It has been a great project that has been gratifying to do. 😁
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • very impressive work! Are they isolated from vibrations in any way? Maybe some rubber blocks under the speaker cabinets. In the spirit of your over the top build, I vote for pressure regulated air bags suspending the cabinets over the pallets.
    I have heard shorting the drivers can help prevent damage during transport, but I dont fully understand why?
    Keep up the top level craftsmanship!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Will they travel air freight or over water? Estimated time?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • VR3
    very impressive work! Are they isolated from vibrations in any way? Maybe some rubber blocks under the speaker cabinets. In the spirit of your over the top build, I vote for pressure regulated air bags suspending the cabinets over the pallets.
    I have heard shorting the drivers can help prevent damage during transport, but I dont fully understand why?
    Keep up the top level craftsmanship!

Thank you!

I used one inch memory foam for them to lay on to absorb shock.

The crossovers have hard foam behind each cap and the voids filled with paper.

Then I installed a metal strap vertically to clamp it down in front, should allow for no movement, in theory!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • The casket idea is to die for! It is funny, but they are very similar in size.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited September 2021
    I was informed that they can't be flown due to their 200 kilo + each so its a lovely cruise with an ETA of 55 days!
    JayCee wrote: »
    Will they travel air freight or over water? Estimated time?

• VR3
    Yeah we are clicking 450 per crate
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    VR3 wrote: »
    Yeah we are clicking 450 per crate

Gulp!!

Well done sir!

• Reagan
    Reagan Posts: 116
    Should have solemnly placed an Easter Lilly on each prior to closing.
    Speakers: Polk 1.2TL w/VR3 mods and Dreadnaught interconnects
    Amplification: ARC Reference 110 w/KT150s; Cary Audio SLP-05 w/Ultimate Upgrade
    Vinyl: VPI HW19 MK III (Heavily Modded); Origin Live Silver Tonearm; Hana ML Cart; Pete Riggle VTAF; VPI TNT Platter; SAMA; Iphono3
    Digital: Aurender N100H; Benchmark DAC1
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    That's a lot of "Fragile" labels.

:)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    I have a lack of faith in the human species... :/

Do those gorillas know how to read?

• VR3
    edited September 2021
    I tried to find some without words and just pictures but no such luck 😢😢
  • ptrooper
    edited September 2021
    Come to Papa.
    Huge thank you to Vr3 for everything once again!
    There really is nothing he can't do!!
    The end of this chapter

vx3x8eq8brok.jpg

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Hey @ptrooper, found you a new ride in case the word's out to intercept your shipment. Keeping w/the audio theme, methinks you should select this one, perchance, you have to fight for your monoliths at the port of entry. Starting bid of 1AUD...
    9ll73h9jfzbw.png
    e5fbn9dhkpm4.png

Lloyds of Australia auction on Mad Max (2015) vehicles. Will be held this weekend:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx0Bq5YU4Ds&t=10s
    https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=25652&lid=3091593occvmod5be73.png

Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited September 2021
    As long as you have patiently waited for these things, I hope that they get off the ship without having to sit out at sea due to port issues. Keep us posted bro'.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    I cannot believe I missed all the updates.

Wow! That's a work of art, I can only imagine how they sound. Excellent work Trey!

Pray they make a safe journey, looks like they should!

Congrats.
  • VR3
    edited September 2021
    Thank you!

Easily one of the largest undertakings I have done. This one build spawned a multitude of side projects on top of the pick up and shipping

Quite an experience!
  • ptrooper
    Thank you Tom. One Stork container ship has only just recently left the states and on its way to Port Said Egypt.
    I keep having visions of container ships loosing their loads and when i looked into this, apparently thousands of containers are lost each year hahaha. :/
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Don't jinx yourself!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    What? Those crates aren’t seaworthy and equipped with tracking beacons. 😀
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    I came prowling back over here 'round midnight and had to chime in here....

If I don't build any custom Polk parts ever again (GLWT), I can say that this undertaking and execution is the apex of all builds.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.