Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• No offense, but I'd take that shelby f150 on the other thread.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    krazypolk wrote: »
    No offense, but I'd take that shelby f150 on the other thread.

Me too
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I got a diesel Passat and I thought I would hate it after giving up the E-350, at my age that POS is faster than me. I would like a 1970 Barracuda for the living room though.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I wouldn’t have one either, but that is because cars, and trucks, are, for 99% of us, a big waste of money. They sit idle 99% of the time, and lose value while doing that. In 86 I bought a new 87 Mazda3 (paid cash), and I still have it. Works great.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,545
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    krazypolk wrote: »
    No offense, but I'd take that shelby f150 on the other thread.

Me too

Make that 3
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I wouldn’t have one either, but that is because cars, and trucks, are, for 99% of us, a big waste of money. They sit idle 99% of the time, and lose value while doing that. In 86 I bought a new 87 Mazda3 (paid cash), and I still have it. Works great.

Party pooper.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,021

Emphasis added... plus...
    They take up space, too -- space that could be used for other things (ahem, housing, ahem).

The "model" for transportation is a-gonna change profoundly and swiftly, and for exactly the reason(s) @Bluefox mentions. Society's just waitin' for the majority of us boomers (OK, boomer!) to die, or at least to become mentally incapacitated enough not to be -b!tc#ing steadily about the good old days via on-line platforms.

I have mixed feelings about this, truth be told. :|

As to the e-Stang... I am just tryin' to understand how and why it needs a manual transmission. :p
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627

I see guys around here (florida) driving big pick up trucks, with NOTHING in them ever but 2 people, most are $50,000 or more, and for what?

They do not tow, nor haul, but spend a fortune on a thing to drive to the dollar store or work in.

I get the fun of some cars, but they have become a horrible waste of money.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Only a waste of money if you needed that money for something else. If you're loaded, you're just spending money, not wasting it. Applies to anything, including audio.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,451
    K_M wrote: »

I see guys around here (florida) driving big pick up trucks, with NOTHING in them ever but 2 people, most are $50,000 or more, and for what?

They do not tow, nor haul, but spend a fortune on a thing to drive to the dollar store or work in.

Assumption ? My brother has a daily driver dually. He drives himself to work every day M-F. Bed has cover on it. Has a square Reese hitch on it that has a rubber cap on it that says Reese. lqw5utde0k6o.jpg
    Now going down the road M-F how would you to know ? It so happens in the back he has a 5th wheel hook up & hauls a 40ft 5th wheel. He also hauls a 28ft boat & had multiple trailers he hauls.. Should he buy another truck or just use this to get to work ? I think we can all agree with what we see & think. But never assume
    Randy/Maine
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    Only a waste of money if you needed that money for something else. If you're loaded, you're just spending money, not wasting it. Applies to anything, including audio.

Yep, plus everyone is free to spend their money as they see fit. Some have a million dollar boat, sits 8 months out of the year and only a handful of people ever use it.

So what...

Cars are the same. If your a city dweller, cars aren't going to be as useful as those who live in the burbs. If you drive a 20k car or 80k car, so what....that's the beauty of having choices and the freedom to take advantage of them. It's all good.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    The people who can buy big boats, expensive cars, fancy audio gear and a lot of other stuff I can't afford I view as keeping designers, engineers, and factory workers employed. The technology eventually trickles down to stuff I can afford. Everyone benefits.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Tesla's are among fastest cars on the road and they are full electric. This new Mustang and I'm sure others are gonna follow are the direction it seems we are all going. I get it if it helps not destroy the world in some way I'm in but I can't help but love the sound of a HEMI engine screaming down the road or track.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    It's a stupid design. Build an electric Mustang from the ground up,
    And then you'll have something. Retrofitting just doesn't make sense.
    I'm pretty certain handling is severely compromised with this design.
    It's all straight line performance.
    My old v6 stang works just fine. More hp would must get me in trouble.
    That's why I didn't go v8. As far as trucks go, they have gotten too big and
    Bloated. Luxury has overtaken utility. Long ago I used to work trucks
    To death. People buy them and baby them and spend $$$ for leather
    And all the bells and whistles. Now they are just big commuter vehicles
    That nobody downtown knows how to park.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    The electric bandwagon is gaining "some" traction here and there but, IMHO, will be years and years away from ever becoming mainstream. I definitely don't think I'll ever see it. If you live in town (city), or never leave said town and all the family is close I can see it, maybe. However, the rest of us who have family who aren't "in town" and that possibly live all over the country will need gasoline powered vehicles, period. I'm pretty sure we've had such conversations on here before.

I think people burn their money all the time on, to me, useless stuff. However, it's their money, they can buy what they want. It's what makes the commerce world go 'round and 'round...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited November 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ….Society's just waitin' for the majority of us boomers (OK, boomer!) to die, or at least to become mentally incapacitated enough not to be -b!tc#ing steadily about the good old days via on-line platforms.

I'm still waiting for our young trainee to understand/fix things and maybe communicate better.

xypz30s95d98.jpg
    Post edited by SCompRacer on
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089

Kind of like your advice and opinions?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

John, SHUT UP.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Glad you are feeling better Bud.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Wow, 1000ft lbs of torque coupled with a manual transmission. To me torque determines the fun factor hands down.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826

Really?
    Maybe you should re-read your PM reply to me on 11/3.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2019

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Is it me, or has the divisiveness around here increase tenfold with the release of the new Legend Series. I know its just a coincidence but a strange one at that!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    As to the e-Stang... I am just tryin' to understand how and why it needs a manual transmission. :p

YouTube a Tesla P100D racing a Demon down the 1/4 mile. The Tesla eats the Demon for breakfast in the first half, the Demon starts catching up in the long game. The Tesla without gears loses a lot of power as the motors spin faster. Give it gears and you can stay in that low RPM electric motor torque band.

No?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited November 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »

YouTube a Tesla P100D racing a Demon down the 1/4 mile. The Tesla eats the Demon for breakfast in the first half, the Demon starts catching up in the long game. The Tesla without gears loses a lot of power as the motors spin faster. Give it gears and you can stay in that low RPM electric motor torque band.

No?

Nobody is eating @nooshinjohn 's Demon for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Especially some Leaf on steroids.
  • Nightfall
    edited November 2019
    Skip to 4:43 Demon wins first, Tesla wins second, I stopped watching after that. The second race gives you a clear view of the Tesla way ahead first 1/2, Demon catching up back 1/2. The P100D is proper fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFmFr5boXvw

• Well I saw it but I still don't believe what my eyes are seeing. How's some dumb lectric bucket gonna beat that Detroit monster.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,021
    edited November 2019
    electric motor -- maximum torque at stall.
    Like the "motor" in a wonderful vintage Altec 515 AlNiCo magnet woofer -- electric motors'ses gots grunt.

B)

5fbeg65ncbnu.png

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,784
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Skip to 4:43 Demon wins first, Tesla wins second, I stopped watching after that. The second race gives you a clear view of the Tesla way ahead first 1/2, Demon catching up back 1/2. The P100D is proper fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFmFr5boXvw

The Tesla definitely got the better launch the second time, but that Demon was catching it fast....lol
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    edited November 2019
    F1nut wrote: »
    The Tesla definitely got the better launch the second time, but that Demon was catching it fast....lol

For sure. I wonder what the electric Mustang (sounds weird to say out loud) will do with actual gears? If they can match the power/output of the P100D they could end up with the faster car, it won't run out of steam the faster it goes.

P100D Dyno. Totally crashes the faster the motor spins, which is why the Demon catches the back 1/2 so strong.

P100D-Dyno-Chart.jpg

Now imagine you can shift gears and go back to the beginning of that dyno graph part way down the track.