Looking forward to L800 but have concerns, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    mpitogo wrote: »
    you know what they are labeled as dskip says.

I don't speak French

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    I am very adroit at telling the difference between right and.....the other right.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited November 2019
    hj0tk9vvi64g.jpg

how gauche.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I am very adroit at telling the difference between right and.....the other right.
    “Not “that” left... your military left”!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    OK it took me a couple of seconds to find it more than it should and it’s so small. If you ask me RIGHT and LEFT should be the largest and in BOLD especially considering these are sold only as pairs! otherwise it is defective!
    Please push this out to POLK as far up the chain as you can. They need to get this corrected internally, change the boxes, and make the dealers aware.

As stated in the other thread, they sent two of the same at the listening event in October. Problem still unresolved and I can see why given the lack of thought put into the labels.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,935
    They should just make it to where the speakers are identical and a switch on the back would designate left and right... Problem solved.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,935
    Surely would be cheaper than shipping people the wrong speakers over and over
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,139
    Simple color change of the boxes or labels and state no two matching colors should ever be shipped.

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    edited November 2019
    As a point of reference, did you get L/R skip? :*

Come on everyone, droite!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    Correct he had a L&R. I was at his place when he was finishing up unboxing them. He checked he had them in the right spot again when he replaced the speaker cables.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    edited November 2019
    So the easy fix is to get a bunch of color coded bumper stickers so a cave and can do it. And put one on the flap as a seal they have to break.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • nooshinjohn
    So the easy fix is to get a bunch of color coded bumper stickers so a cave and can do it. And put one on the flap as a seal they have to break.
    That should work... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    VR3 wrote: »
    Surely would be cheaper than shipping people the wrong speakers over and over

Ha, Polk is big corporate. They don't care about human mistakes. The humans can be fired and replaced. The engineering and design (including box design) checks all the boxes. Plus if it's the dealer or a shipping partner shipping it out incorrectly, they REALLY don't care. They would probably fire 50 people and drop several dealers before they redesigned a box.

Want more evidence... look at the long history of the packing of the LSiM, which was never changed in it's product lifecycle.

Anyway, hopefully they sort it out quickly for mpitogo. Waiting is always the hardest part!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • WLDock
    All I'm saying is....your most expensive speaker ever and SDA Pro 2.0 reboot and you ship the wrong speaker to a pre-release listening event. :o

I don't care what they are doing now, they need to do some redundant corrections and make it obvious to all about Left & Right pairs. One mistake too many.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    Want more evidence... look at the long history of the packing of the LSiM, which was never changed in it's product lifecycle.
    That's crazy isn't it?

I've seen shipping shock tests to destinations all around this nation by the product life cycle support from the company I work for. Packages take some serious hits and brand new boxes can look years old by the time they arrive. Several boxes, foam, cardboard changes and UPS, FEDEX still break stuff like crazy. So much so that larger packages now ship via freight instead of ground.

• nooshinjohn
    WLDock wrote: »
    All I'm saying is....your most expensive speaker ever and SDA Pro 2.0 reboot and you ship the wrong speaker to a pre-release listening event. :o

I don't care what they are doing now, they need to do some redundant corrections and make it obvious to all about Left & Right pairs. One mistake too many.

So there is precedent for getting demo pairs wrong....

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    WLDock wrote: »

So there is precedent for getting demo pairs wrong....

John, it was verified that there was a left and a right at Skip’s place...both on the cartons and in the speakers themselves.
    That isn’t to say there wasn’t some internal issue but again, the Polk rep was adamant that they were working as they should have been.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited November 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »
    “Not “that” left... your military left”!

Two wrongs don't make a right -- but three rights make a left.
    DSkip wrote: »

Polk is training their dealers so this shouldn't be an issue if they are doing it correctly (as opposed to right)...
    heh, I see what you did there. They were, unfortunately, doing it right.

- - - - - -

Oh, one last thought on chirality.

Polk could come out with the Elvis Presley Signature Model.

5yesmbjxu98v.png
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited November 2019
    Looks like they are definitely all boxed in China ! :*
  • txcoastal1
    Chinese vs English....no look the same

Buy "Made in America" problem solved :)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I don't speak French

I'm French & I don't speak it either!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn
    voltz wrote: »

I'm French...

That explains everything. Please accept my condolences. ;):p

• mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    Got a hold of dealer today. They will check warehouse if they have two “left” and will call me Monday to confirm swap scheduled tentatively for Wed. Another few more days...arg
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • txcoastal1
    Got a hold of dealer today. They will check warehouse if they have two “left” and will call me Monday to confirm swap scheduled tentatively for Wed. Another few more days...arg

Bro I feel for you.
    Way back when I moved into my new home in Galveston, I had purchased one of the 1st 55" Flat panel TVs that came into Houston. I was a dealer at the time and brought home directly from distribution. The cable guy came on Friday while we were moving in and helped me set up the TV. Fired it up screen came on for 10 seconds and went out.

I had to wait till next week to pick up another. The cruddy part I had already gave away my other TVs before we moved. All I wanted to do after the move was pour me a spirited beverage and watch my new TV. :#:'(

Looking forward to hearing about your new speakers ...hope they have the match in stock