Looking forward to L800 but have concerns, what are your thoughts?

18910111214»

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,982
    edited January 20
    BlueFox wrote: »
    So, how did the sound change?

Can you give it a rest, Bud? The guy is not a clever wordsmith when in comes to reviews, or perhaps he just doesn't want to offer one up at this time. Cut him a bit of slack, would you please?
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,615
    edited January 20

Can you give it a rest, Bud? the guy is not a clever wordsmith when in comes to reviews, or perhaps he just doesn't want to offer one up at this time. Cut him a bit of slack, would you please?

LOL. No, that was a basic question of an audio tweak. It either made a difference, or it didn’t. If it did then how did it change. This is an audio forum, not a furniture forum.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,615
    edited January 20
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Can you give it a rest, Bud? the guy is not a clever wordsmith when in comes to reviews, or perhaps he just doesn't want to offer one up at this time. Cut him a bit of slack, would you please?

LOL. No, that was a basic question of an audio tweak. It either made a difference, or it didn’t. If it did then how did it change. This is an audio forum, not a furniture forum.

Did covering up the blue lights on your Pass amps make a difference in sound quality

Asking for a friend

It made the listening experience much more pleasant. When I listen at night I only have an 18” fluorescent light on in the kitchen. The lights on the amps are like car headlights coming at me. After covering them the listening experience became much more pleasant. So, the music sounds better. Much better. :)

gnvnqjrl5bby.jpeg

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,114
    I have the SVS soundpath feet. They made the bass much more balanced. It blended the towers with the sub more and with better imaging.

On the towers, I have the Gaia II feet, but they connect with the carpet spike discs from isoacoustics so they are essentially coupled to the sub floor, but the fee themselves are not a rigid structure. They changed the sound for me also. Better midrange bass and again, more balanced through the lowers octaves.

I am a believer in these tweaks as they have presented gains in my system. They are not for everyone.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 43,628
    mpitogo wrote: »
    I went a bit crazy and did it here as well...

n542iowdtud6.jpeg

So, now your speakers rock back and forth. Just what you don't want.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk