Will my system work?

Options

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »
    And don't take "no" for an answer. You ordered two subs tell her you're using two subs. And you don't have to tell her I said that, I''l let you use that as your own. Get in there and make your stand...we're all here behind you. o:)

Says the single guy! :)

I know, right? I don't understand why I can't keep a woman??!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    Options
    My 4000 arrived today, and, though I was able to move it in to place on hardwood floors, it was still a lot of work. Waiting for the son-in-laws is probably a smart thing. If you ordered the upgraded feet then you will have to turn it upside down, and, when you turn it back over it won't move as easily with the new feet.

Leverage and thick towels or moving blankets.....piece of cake B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Furniture sliders are your friend.
  • Romo11
    Romo11 Posts: 101
    Options
    My 4000 arrived today, and, though I was able to move it in to place on hardwood floors, it was still a lot of work. Waiting for the son-in-laws is probably a smart thing. If you ordered the upgraded feet then you will have to turn it upside down, and, when you turn it back over it won't move as easily with the new feet.

Yes, after you advising me to get the upgraded feet, I ordered them and they are on the way. I was reading somewhere that trying to slide the speakers with the feet may break them. I will heed that.

• Romo11
    Options
    Hey everyone, all day these past 15 hours, I kept checking for new posts and never saw any until a little while ago. This is the second time this has happened to me. Please forgive if anyone thought I was ignoring me.
  • Romo11
    Options
    I must say @Romo11, you are one of the best "newbs" we've had come here in some time. Most show up hoping we will validate their poor choices, then get PO'd when the advice given doesn't match up. I'm certainly not an expert, but I'm glad you have recognized we are trying to steer you in the right direction. Refreshing!

Well thank you for your kind words. I have always tried to live by the saying that, ” you can’t learn anything by talking, only by listening”.
    All of you are great, and I’m just thankful that I purchased Polk Speakers, or I probably wouldn’t have even looked at this great forum.

• Romo11
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Leverage and thick towels or moving blankets.....piece of cake B)

Every time you have posted, I have learned something.
    Thanks.
  • Romo11
    Options
    Furniture sliders are your friend.

That’s a great idea! My wife must have a million of those things in different sizes.

• Romo11
    Options
    Romo11 wrote: »

Yes, after you advising me to get the upgraded feet, I ordered them and they are on the way. I was reading somewhere that trying to slide the speakers with the feet may break them. I will heed that.

Trying to slide the speakers with the feet on would (could) break the feet.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    You’ll see when you get the soundpath feet, they are pretty flexible and with the weight of the sub, would probably shear off with too much pressure.

I typically turn the sub on its side to move around, but I have carpet in the living room.

If I placed blankets under it, I imagine I would get the same results. Very hard for me to get grip under mine to Dead Lift. 122lbs is not too heavy, but it is hard to get leverage with the enclosure size.
  • F1nut
    Options
    I typically turn the sub on its side to move around, but I have carpet in the living room.

That will cause abrasions in the finish.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,456
    Options
    And the warehouse guy say's: If you can't move it by hand use a dolly/hand truck.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • joecoulson
    Options
    I don’t have the piano finish. Just the oak.
  • kharp1
    Options
    Hope your 4000's work out better than mine. It's going back and I dread having to pack it back up.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Hope your 4000's work out better than mine. It's going back and I dread having to pack it back up.

Why don't you like it?

President of Club Polk

• Romo11
    Options

Oh no! What’s wrong? I haven’t even unboxed mine yet, as I haven’t had any help.
    What are you going to do? Different sub or different brand, or something else. So sorry to hear this, as I was waiting on your response.

• kharp1
    Options
    There's no doubt it digs deeper than the SB-2000 I was using, however, it has to be turned up nearly all the way and still doesn't have the impact and presence of the 2000. I originally had two 2000's and they both behaved differently.

I purchased the 4000 from the outlet and question whether it was returned for the same reason.
  • F1nut
    Options
    It's defective.

President of Club Polk

• Romo11
    Options

There's no doubt it digs deeper than the SB-2000 I was using, however, it has to be turned up nearly all the way and still doesn't have the impact and presence of the 2000. I originally had two 2000's and they both behaved differently.

I purchased the 4000 from the outlet and question whether it was returned for the same reason.
    It's defective.

I hope it’s defective, as F1nut says. Will you order another or just go back to the SB 2000’s, or are they gone?
    I hate to hear of your frustration.

• kharp1
    Options
    I still have the 2000, but, will probably try another brand. The 2000 is fine for a small room.

Just slightly ticked off that I have to pack this back up which will probably be harder than unpacking. Unpacking wasn't bad, but, it was some work. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.
  • Romo11
    Options
    I still have the 2000, but, will probably try another brand. The 2000 is fine for a small room.

Just slightly ticked off that I have to pack this back up which will probably be harder than unpacking. Unpacking wasn't bad, but, it was some work. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

WOW! Good luck to you. Maybe they will work out a compromise for you. It sure would be nice to get a new one in its place, without further cost.
    Let us know the response.

• joecoulson
    Options
    SVS has one of the best CS depts in the industry
    Sorry Kerry. Hope it works out.
  • kharp1
    Options
    I'm kinda bummed, had high hopes for this sub. I'll probably try a Rythmik or HSU. Also eyeballing a used JL Fathom. Idk, just hate to have to pack it back up. Harder to lift it up and control it to get it seated back in its nest. I'll survive but I'll cuss and **** about it the whole way.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Leverage. Put one half of the bottom cradle on the floor, push up on one top side of the sub and slide the half cradle under with your foot. Now, pull up on the other top side and kick slide the other cradle half under. Easy peasy, no lifting required.

President of Club Polk

• mrloren
    Options
    I'm kinda bummed, had high hopes for this sub. I'll probably try a Rythmik or HSU. Also eyeballing a used JL Fathom. Idk, just hate to have to pack it back up. Harder to lift it up and control it to get it seated back in its nest. I'll survive but I'll cuss and **** about it the whole way.

Call them first, sounds like a bad amp, Maybe they will send you a new one
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options
    Leverage. Put one half of the bottom cradle on the floor, push up on one top side of the sub and slide the half cradle under with your foot. Now, pull up on the other top side and kick slide the other cradle half under. Easy peasy, no lifting required.

Rumour has it that @F1nut was present when the lever was invented. Heck, he might've even been the fulcrum.

<Marky ducks and runs for cover>

In seriousness, this has been a great thread; in the spirit of a good manufacturer's/product forum. Nice to see. :)
  • Romo11
    Options

Did you talk to them about your sub? I’m hoping that you have good news.

I still haven’t gotten any help but getting anxious to get the twins hooked up. I just wanted to let you guys know that I’m still around. I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day.

• Romo11
    Options
    Hello everyone, I think I have some good news coming tomorrow. My wife has graciously agreed to bribe my two son-in-laws and there families,(my two daughters and my two grandchildren) by grilling out steaks tomorrow and helping me get these subs hooked up. Time will tell but, I’m hoping it is going to happen. I can’t really blame the boys because they are working and making money. I sure this is going to work and sound good because, I’m still looking at amps (just in case) and these things are expensive.
    I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather that we get this time of year. I have missed talking to everyone but I don’t want to just talk for the sake of talking.
    I know you have a life too.
    Anyway, wish me luck tomorrow.
    Oh, by the way, it seems that all of a sudden, my speakers have gotten better. There must be something to this breaking in theory.

Rob
  • mrloren
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Darn, I wish I was within a day drive. I would have went and set them up for you.

I'm the large over sized nordic guy in the blue shirt https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175918/who-went-to-polk#latest
  • Romo11
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    Darn, I wish I was within a day drive. I would have went and set them up for you.

I'm the large over sized nordic guy in the blue shirt https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175918/who-went-to-polk#latest

mrloren, after talking with you, I do believe you would have come. You are a big man! I’m a short large man myself!
    Rob