Omni SB1 Plus Bar Strange Problems

Options
13»

Comments

• adam20t
    Options
    I followed the process described earlier by downloading the zip and usb into SB1+. It worked!

But

Using Playfi app, i can configure surround but rears wont play anything. Fun times continue. Never Polk again
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Has it occurred to you that it might be the app?

Additional thoughts on all this modern tech...it always has problems and should be avoided.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xrayman26
    xrayman26 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a fix! I got emailed this below from Polk last night in response to a support request that I lodged a little while back. It worked first time. Relief! And needless to say I'm not upgrading the firmware :lol:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Sound United Support. We value you as a customer and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance!

We do apologize you are still having an issue with Updating/reconnecting the Playfi device failing during updates recently or not reconnecting after performing the USB flash, I have added a guide and Zip files for you to perform a USB Flash to the Item simply follow the instructions below and if you have any more issues please reach out to us again.

MCU USB Firmware Update Instructions
    Polk SB1 (SU_PK_101):
    1. Using any FAT32 formatted USB stick, unzip the corresponding .zip file onto the USB stick. (So the stick should contain no folders, just 4 files, 3 .bin files and 1 manifest file).
    2. Unplug the power to the SB1.
    3. Plug in the USB stick into the USB port on the back of the SB1.
    4. While holding the “Voice +” button on the top of the bar, plug in the power and continue holding until the blue LED on the front of the speaker illuminates, then you may release the button.
    5. Once that is finished updating, a blue and white LED on the front will illuminate and remain solid. This is where you can remove the USB stick from the speaker.
    6. The LEDs on the front will flash a few times and then eventually go off. The unit will reset and the MCU version is now updated.

I just want to send a million thanks to this individual. Years later this post has helped me. Just bought some S2 speakers from ebay with the hopes of hooking them to my SB1+ and the app said I needed an update that was not available anywhere. Even Polk customer service was no help. I was ready to buy an entire new surround sound system. Thank you thank you thank you.

Brian