Pictures of Forum Members?

Options

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Ah, a man after my own heart. Nothing wrong with a little swift and blinding violence!

"You will catch more flies with honey."

"Yeah but if you rip the wings off the little suckers they wont bother you anymore either!"

Kelly Bundy

Kind of the way I feel about people using my quotes in their sigs.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,092
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Thankfully god gave me arms and not wings...lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    that and a keyboard and mouse;)
    we can keep our sigs as long as we want:D
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,092
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by exalted512
    that and a keyboard and mouse;)
    we can keep our sigs as long as we want:D
    -Cody

YEP! LOL
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    I dunno...I don't think arms would be much more difficult than wings for Macleod to remove...
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited September 2004
    Options
    MacLeod could reach into his pc, and yank you right through the internet, not sure if the keyboard's safe either....

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2004
    Options
    This is me - being a grumpy **** after a long night of installing crappy audio in a random chick's car at denny's with my best bud DJ Turbo (the little squeaky guy)

why do we install junky audio in girl's cars? --- so 1) it's cheap
    2) it's cheap
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge

why do we install junky audio in girl's cars? --- so 1) it's cheap
    2) it's cheap

We install junky audio in girls cars?

Hell, no one told me that!

If it wasn't for the dB's all over my truck, my girl's stereo would be nicer than mine!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2004
    Options
    you misspoke my friend...

"my girl's stereo ---" --- "my" as in "something to be kept - somewhat longterm at least"

that's an investment - if you have to sit in her car, then you goddamn well want it to sound good - so you put the phat beats in.

i'm however speaking of the girl who you probably never sat in her car for any reason other than to throw that Rampage deck and Rockwood speakers in...

yes -- the cheap and easies... "oo ooo ooo... u know how to put radio's in cars" -- i love when they say "radio" -- ya... radio's... jesus christ.

but in the end - 55 bucks at walmart, an hour or two of your time, and a bottle of seagrams gets you two or three great weekends of kinky bliss...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    edited September 2004
    Options
    chemistry sucks
    -Cody
  • Joelsbass
    Joelsbass Posts: 637
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    but in the end - 55 bucks at walmart, an hour or two of your time, and a bottle of seagrams gets you two or three great weekends of kinky bliss...

LMAO, PBD truer words were never spoken :cool:
    MacLeod: I guess youre lucky Polk has such lax hiring standards.

Josh: Damn skippy!
  • cute330xiigrl
    cute330xiigrl Posts: 2
    edited September 2004
    Options
    no jokin on the gangsta lean.... was making fun of a friend when the pic was taken. :D
  • Jstas
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I wanna know, with all these people "thuggin' ", homw come none of them smile? Or if they do smile, it's some cocky, smirk?

I had a friend in college who was always "thuggin' " and had a "gansta lean". He was ALWAYS trying to "look hard". One day, I came into class on a day he was particularly happy with himself and acting "all hard". I pulled a can of V8 juice out of my pocket, handed it to him infront of class and said "Here, I thought you might need this." He told me that was cold and just wrong.

You don't need a lean or a "hard" look for people to think you are hard. You don't need to look angry or serious all the time either. If you are people will know it without you trying to act it.

So yeah, make fun of your friends! Make them laugh 'cause if they are laughing, they are smiling!

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Word to yo ****.

And much welcome to the new girl! Its cool we finally have some female input around here!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Word to yo ****.

And much welcome to the new girl! Its cool we finally have some female input around here!
    she has an awesome car too...
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14724
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited September 2004
    Options
    the names are different, why the change? but yeah, hella cool ride

jstas - i don't get it, with the v8... something about loosening up????
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Jstas
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    jstas - i don't get it, with the v8... something about loosening up????

Before your time probably.

V8 used to have commercials where the slogan was "Had your V8 today?" and they would play it up as a vital part of a daily diet. So everyone who didn't have a V8 that day was leaning to one side with no energy and looking flustered. Someone would hand them a V8, they would take a huge swig and they would straighten out.

It was pretty funny at the time because every one got the joke. It kind of loses it when you have to explein it.

• neomagus00
    edited September 2004
    Options
    no, it's still amusing, though maybe not to the extent it was then :)

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Jstas
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I don't have any pictures online and I'm too lazy to put any up.

• Joelsbass
    edited September 2004
    Options
    OMG a cute girl who actually knows something about car audio!!! The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!

as to acting 'hard' it has a lot more effect to see someone who's normally in a good mood snap than to see someone who constantly looks pissed. I'm normally a fairly cheery guy, i enjoy laughing and making other people laugh... I'm very hard to piss off and it hasn't happend often. however my friends who have seen me pissed off have said that it scared the piss out of them... now i'm only 5'6" but i have decent muscles (nothin like mac but i don't lift constantly lol) and know how to handle myself, and i'm not above using a blunt object ;) i was out with some friends and one of my female friends had her boyfriend along, they got into an argument and he backhanded her (and now i go from happy to pissed in all of a half a second) we were by our cars so instinctively i reached behind my seat (windows were down at the time) and grabed my mag-lite (nice big 3 battery one, 2nd largest they make) and before anyone could stop me i started laying into the guy, after a couple shots to the chest and abdomen i dropped the light to the ground and decked him 2x, gave him a black eye with the first and broke his nose with the 2nd, cracked a rib with the flashlight earlier too. needless to say he never laid a hand on her again. The guy had almost a foot of height on me so never underestimate the little guy. the guy was one of those types who tries to act 'hard' all the time too. BIG difference between acting and looking hard, and actually being hard...

• exalted512
    edited September 2004
    Options
    lmao...the flashlight
    yeah some guy sent my cousin to the hospital one time...at the time my cousin was 13 and he was 17, i was 15...boy did that kid get his **** kicked by me...i was about the same build though...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited September 2004
    Options
    i am proud to say that despite a pair of black belts i've never been in a fight, and i plan to keep it that way...

• LittleCar_w/12s
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Joel, there's two of us, are we related???
    I'm 5'6", decent build, and mostly cheery... I too go from happy to pissed off in 1/2 a second, and everyone who's seen it is scared of me.
    Soo wierd...
    I guess the only thing is people hardly ever get me mad... I mostly get angry at myself, as my dad always picked on me for everything... so when I tip over that glass of water on my desk.. you'll know why the hole is in the drywall...
    That and I do get agitated sometimes... like the time my catalytic converter wouldn't come off... and after about 15 minutes of sweating on it, I got pissed and ripped the entire pipe off the bottom of the car...
    So I guess it can come in handy.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited September 2004
    Options
    OOOW!
    the above, and sharp PAIN!
    (Just kicked metal bottom of my chair barefoot.....)

/\ so noone stab me...

• exalted512
    edited September 2004
    Options
    i dont remember why...but i put a hole in my closet before...right in the damn 1x2 support board...theres only 3 in the entire door and i had to hit one...jesus that hurt...i dont hit stuff anymore...that door cost me 56 bucks...lol
    -Cody
  • Joelsbass
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Zero
    Wow, you two boys are so "hard". Others beware.. ;)

i'm not hard... just not someone you'd want to piss off :cool:
    and if it's someone way bigger than me (mac's size for instance) well then i wait till their sleeping...:eek:

• exalted512
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Joelsbass
    i'm not hard... just not someone you'd want to piss off :cool:
    and if it's someone way bigger than me (mac's size for instance) well then i wait till their sleeping...:eek:
    or get the 4 battery maglite...:D
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited October 2004
    Options
    Wow, this is the first post ever to go above 5 pages of replies. It's also got the most views for a non-stickied thread. Not bad, eh? :D
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    edited October 2004
    Options
    so Joel--whens that picture of Mel coming up?
    -Cody
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited October 2004
    Options
    I think this is like our " off topic " thread... It'll be at the top forever.