What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• tratlifftratliff Posts: 673
    I opened the “Eagles Legacy” vinyl box set my wife got me and cranked it up.

Next up is the White Album box set.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Vizio M-75

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Bed Room
    Yamaha YSP-5100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 70"

• Changed the speaker cables in my bedroom system, which sent my already ailing amp into a tizzy! Oh well I knew this day would come eventually. To the shop she goes. Meanwhile enjoying the living room system 👍
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,296
    edited December 2018
    Been listening to the small Klipsch/Pro-Ject setup in the front room. Wife got me my favorite Luke Combs album and the A Star is Born soundtrack both on vinyl. Lovin’ it.
    lc5mmb6nevz2.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,627
    edited December 2018
    @ honestaquarian - No pain, no gain brother!

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,485
    Dear diary, returned to Toms today, rewired it to where his stock crossovers are in action on the right speaker. Modified on the left.
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • Repairs on the Linn's. One driver done three more to do.

fs3d1o5bm90m.jpg

uqr568eisa21.jpg
    AVR-Onkyo709
    AMP- Parasound 2125, Adcom 585
    Mains for HT and some Music- RTi12s
    Main for Music only- Linn Keilidh or Usher V-601 and SDA 1C
    PreAmp for Music: Cary AE-3
    Rear- RT150
    Center-CSi5
    Sub-Rythmik audio F25
    Player- Oppo BDP-103

Bedroom rig:
    Pionner Elite VSX-30...Onkyo CS-5VL SACD Player....Polk Audio LS70
  • Merry Christmas.! I I Decided on new tweeter set up for my M'7s
    hopefully Polk RD-0198 ..while listening to some oldies on RT55's
    M4 - Series 2 - Xover Upgrade - Portable Rig - TP3116 - LiPO4 @ 24V
    M7 - Upgraded to RD0-198 Clarity Caps - NAD 7155 one channel per driver @4 ohm
    RT55i - Cherry NAD D3020
    RT35i - TP-3316
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,119
    wasagatony wrote: »
    Merry Christmas.! I I Decided on new tweeter set up for my M'7s

You've done the TL mod?
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,087
    FestYboy wrote: »
    wasagatony wrote: »
    Merry Christmas.! I I Decided on new tweeter set up for my M'7s

You've done the TL mod?

Monitor 7 series 2 came with the sl2500 so RD-0198 would be correct
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,119
    True, but not clarified in initial post.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,001
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Repairs on the Linn's. One driver done three more to do.

fs3d1o5bm90m.jpg

uqr568eisa21.jpg

Nice work!

Here's a fixer-upper project if you get bored.

yjw58hddwupl.png

:p

actually, this driver (coax) had a happy ending, thanks to Great Plains Audio
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/a-soon-to-be-proud-duplex-owner.2904/

g8ejfmumla32.png
  • Added a Chromecast Audio but haven't been able to listen to it yet ha.
    Living room

Mains: Paradigm 90P
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12, Pioneer SW-8Mk2
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved 4k

2 Channel Den

Mains: SDA2B Upgraded XOs and Binding Posts
    Pre: Denon PRA-1200
    Power: Adcom GFA-545
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Phillips L2
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7
    Yamaha AV-34

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,459
    Does anyone know what native audio from chromecast is? Specifically from IPhone to “x”
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,839
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Repairs on the Linn's. One driver done three more to do.

fs3d1o5bm90m.jpg

uqr568eisa21.jpg

Nice work!

Here's a fixer-upper project if you get bored.

yjw58hddwupl.png

:p

actually, this driver (coax) had a happy ending, thanks to Great Plains Audio
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/a-soon-to-be-proud-duplex-owner.2904/

g8ejfmumla32.png

Wow!

That is some seriously fine restoration skills there!

I probably would've passed up on even putting that speaker in my car to take home from where ever. I also have regrettably thrown some FANTASTIC speakers away due to surround rot. What little did I know how easy my speaker repairs would've been. But then again, I didn't want to or couldn't spend 35.00 for the repair surround kits. I was finding speakers that were in great shape for around that much then. BOSE was very popular at that time.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • halohalo Posts: 4,626
    edited December 2018
    Troubleshooting excessive cone movement on the Ushers while listening to vinyl. Cheap little phono pre with the subsonic filter engaged tamed the cone movement. Might have to try a belt drive tt to see if there's a difference with the cone movement.
    Plugged up the mini utopias to the big rig

8ds82m54x2qx.jpg
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,947
    Sent the X0.2 to Pass Labs for service and updates.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,363
    Try not to ruin it by drooling too much on it when it returns. :)
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1 - X1 power supply
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 1,138
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Try not to ruin it by drooling too much on it when it returns. :)

What did you have to send in?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    VR3 wrote: »
    Plugged up the mini utopias to the big rig

8ds82m54x2qx.jpg

Same ones currently up for sale?
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with upgrades, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ XLR's and IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
    Yes
    - Not Tom

Darn it those look good and oh so tempting

They are a very capable speaker, that's for sure. Hand made in France, beautiful fit and finish. It is very tempting to throw in some premium grade crossover parts given how simple the crossover is... Lol
    - Not Tom

• verbverb Posts: 4,472
    verb wrote: »
    Thinking about my rigs while in Vegas on vacation! :smile:

Drive that C8 prototype down here to L.A. and say hi. I can keep a secret. :p

I’m sure the Statements will fit. For my return trip! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    ^ those times are special for me. They are too far and few between.

• I did this today. I must admit it took a fair amount of contemplating and some prodding from a member here as well to do this deed :D

uqc0gir0hga4.jpg

Gasp!

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,087
    I did this today. I must admit it took a fair amount of contemplating and some prodding from a member here as well to do this deed :D

uqc0gir0hga4.jpg

WTH???
    And you did that why?