What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Looks like Audio Note Kits...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    Ank EL34 Monoblocks

Sounded relatively good but I think there's a bad tube somewhere in one amp, plan to track down later
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,973
    edited August 2022
    VR3 wrote: »
    Been playing with these on the office rigucnc9dqrqf3m.jpg
    Ank EL34 Monoblocks

Sounded relatively good but I think there's a bad tube somewhere in one amp, plan to track down later
    Uuhhhhh...I don't see any tubes installed ;)

Anyway, to quote our ol' friend Joe Coulson: "Tubes are fun. Tubes are noisy. Tubes are tubes."
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    I believe the issue was using a trs 1/8" to stereo rca cable

Running them on the grandes now and sounding good

- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Different presentation but the kw750 honestly has alot of the positive attributes of this amplifier along with unrelenting dynamic range bass slam and extension.

These will work perfect in the office though, just need to find a preamp. Or something to go between the computer and the amps.

Tube amps do sound excellent at lower volumes,, great staging and details with excellent decay
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    I really like the look of those. Glad to hear they sound great as well!
  • VR3
    Thanks man, I have been very impressed with all of the ANK stuff
  • jdjohn
    Trey, did you buy the kits and build them yourself?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    I picked it up pre-owned with a full suite of mullards. I did go through and redo the binding post connections since the 4 ohm tap was not hooked up and organized the wiring without being to invasive.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    87udmdmf77j5.jpg

The optional playpen upgrade makes it go from really good to seeing Jesus!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    I have streamed from my iphone to BlueSound Node 2i, but lacked the will and time to set-up its network feature-set. Yet, I wanted to access my music files stored on my PC.

Today, after much online research to make sure I had the appropriate IP address, Admin auth, guest usage, network settings, etc., I still had no success getting it configured to recognize my PC library on the BS app.

Finally, I connected my 1TB external SSD to the USB input and the Node 2i recognized it immediately with no effort.

For those BlueSound Node 2i users, who (like me) don’t enjoy spending their weekend fighting with their computer, hope this helps.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    edited September 2022
    Spinning some vinyl! Picked up a pile of freebies. Some are garbage but some are in great shape!

jd2d7ex57viz.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • I’m on my 5th mid woofer on the upgrades for my SDA SRS’s.
    First speaker done, the left, and wrapping up the right.

Next project is to attack the crossovers.
    Haven’t decided yet whether to just replace or upgrade the caps & resistors.
  • Hey VR3….

I’m wondering how you find the bottom end, bass, of the KW’s?

I had the the KW 500.
    Loved the sound but found with my speakers it didn’t have any slam on the lower freq’s.
  • VR3
    Bass is dependent on many things but the kw750 definitely is capable of amplifying the bass frequencies
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Yeah, it has no problem at all with the lower and lowest of frequencies. If the gear produces it and the speakers can distribute it? It has all one will ever need. Unadulterated, clean, controlled, pure power.

What speakers did you run the KW500 with?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Legacy-Audio Focus, the originals.
    Then infinity prelude mts.

Hade the legacy focus being pushed by simaudio w-10’s before the kw.
    I felt I lost some bottom end slam at louder levels with the kw.
    I must add…. We do have a tendency to play at really loud levels.

Skip
  • jdjohn
    Musical Fidelity X-150

o25b62c6kw0m.jpg

Per the owner's manual:
    105WPC into 8 ohms
    141WPC into 4 ohms
    Peak-to-Peak output current: 50 amps
    SNR >98dB (A-weighted)

Other online sources have slightly different output specs, but still close.

It's a half-size footprint amp from the X series (only ~8.5" wide), but still very powerful. I haven't tried the phonostage yet. I'm trying to NOT bring too much attention to it in the household...if you know what I mean ;) It should be a good foundation for a second, third, or whatever, system B)
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,648
    jdjohn wrote: »
    I'm trying to NOT bring too much attention to it in the household...if you know what I mean

I would never do that. B)
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    Cool volume knob.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    edited September 2022
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Cool volume knob.

We're talking turning it up way past 11 now.

Nice X!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • jdjohn
    "X gon' give it to ya!"
    WARNING: Explicit language
    https://youtu.be/fGx6K90TmCI
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 673
    Based on the results that I personally witnessed by swapping power cables, I decided to upgrade from basic 12ga speaker wire to actual speaker cables. To that end, I decided to order Kimber T12 bi-wire spade to banana cables.
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • newbie308
    newbie308 Posts: 673
    newbie308 wrote: »
    Based on the results that I personally witnessed by swapping power cables, I decided to upgrade from basic 12ga speaker wire to actual speaker cables. To that end, I decided to order Kimber T12 bi-wire spade to banana cables.

Correction (Kimber Kable 12TC)
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141

Correction (Kimber Kable 12TC)

FYI, internal bi-wire with Kimber halves the awg to each speaker terminal. To avoid this, you would want to buy 2 pairs of non-bi-wired speaker cables.

Kimber has outstanding customer service; call them for a 2nd opinion to ensure you get what you’re after.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.