What does your screen name mean?

gmorris
gmorris Posts: 1,179
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
As it seems to be a slow day on the forum, here is a question for the group.

What does your screen name mean, or stand for?

Example: mine is gmorris. It stands for Greg Morris, my full name.

Here are some I'd like to hear about:

Vr3MxStyler2k3
dorokusai
Tour2ma

and everyone else.
Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
Post edited by gmorris on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited April 2004
    errr...Steve...in.....(you guessed it)...Arizona. Southern Arizona to be precise, about 65 miles south of Tucson, a stones throw from Mexico.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited April 2004
    it's my first name, middle initial, and last name without vowels (except for the y of course). It was my user name from the college I went to. I'd sure like to know why they came up with such a STUPID username scheme. I think they have switched now.

Anyway, it was easy to remember for me so I kept using it for things...
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2004
    Greg - I have some I would like to hear also, ha-ha. This is neat thread idea, and since you asked, here you go. I have met quite a few people here, and they always think that I am Oriental, but I am actually just a redneck, who knows how to read ;)

dorokusai - (adj) smelling of mud or earth / unrefined / uncouth

That is the closest literal translation in Japanese, which the word is derived from. I actually picked it up ages ago from some Japanese mythological history book and also from a fiction writer named Eric Lustbader(Nicholas Linnear Novels - The Miko, Black Blade, Angel Eyes, White Ninja, etc.)

That culture has always fascinated me, and the definition that I picked up through the various text, was an "evil mystical being or conjurer"...a dorokusai.

I like the evil being definition best, but unrefined and uncouth is probably closer to the truth :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2004
    I put almost no thought into my screen name. I only thought I'd be making a couple posts here. I think I was listening to some Tupac the first day I hooked up my Polks, and that's where the name stemmed from because Tupac says the word thug repeatedly.

Sincerely,
    PolkThug
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by tryrrthg
    it's my first name, middle initial, and last name without vowels (except for the y of course). It was my user name from the college I went to. I'd sure like to know why they came up with such a STUPID username scheme. I think they have switched now.

Anyway, it was easy to remember for me so I kept using it for things...

If you don't mind saying, what is your name then? Even with the explanation, I still can't see it. Maybe I'm just stupid today. I seem to have developed a bit of a sinus infection overnight, or maybe its allergies...
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2004
    I think it's Troy or Trey? Either that or Thesarus or Tyrannosaurus :D

Troy RR Thug...Polk Thug's cousin.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited April 2004
    Well, there was this group called the "International SIG Interest Group" or I-SIG for short that is now defunct. In all of my other online excursions, I'm "Partywaggin." This is the name for a business idea and I figured with the unique spelling I would never have to worry about it getting copied.

As for colleges and their method for creating e-mail ID's, just be thankful you didn't go to Georgia Tech. At Tech, you are simply a number! No name or anything. I was "gt7188b." At least yours resembles your name!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited April 2004
    When I signed up here I had no intention of posting so I didn't put much thought into my screen name either. I just used my e-mail address.
    Graham
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2004
    dem·i·urge ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dm-ûrj)
    n.
    A powerful creative force or personality.

A public magistrate in some ancient Greek states.

Demiurge A deity in Gnosticism, Manichaeism, and other religions who creates the material world and is often viewed as the originator of evil[/i].

Demiurge A Platonic deity who orders or fashions the material world out of chaos.

:) That's mine and it's meaning. I prefer the 1st definition, but I can be evil too if ya' want! :p
  • TechChallenged
    TechChallenged Posts: 106
    edited April 2004
    The name is self explanitory. At the time I registered, I was banging my head against an AS/400 because it would not do my bidding. My next User name will likely be GrammerChallenged.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2004
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2004
    DisneyJoe7

I don't know just something I hide behind. Live near Disney. Work near Disney. Joe just generic, the 7 is lucky number.

Real name....
    Steve

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2004
    Everyone just kept calling me Russman. Beit work, family, friends. It stuck.

"Whats up there Russman?"

"The Russman!, Hey man, what's going on?"

That, and it sounded better than the other names I occasionally get called too, dickhead, moron, dumbass, ****, fat ****, etc.

My wife said one night that I strut like a Rooster when I'm getting my drink on, so 'Rooster' is my "Hyde" side on the forum.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited April 2004
    It either means I was gonna post once or twice and fade back into oblivion or that I was brain dead at the time.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2004
    I don't know.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • paymontana
    paymontana Posts: 234
    edited April 2004
    Payton is the kid. Montana is the dog. Been thinking about changing it to cj(me)montana. Same here I never planned on posting.

I knew Dorokusai was a dirty uncouth Maryland redneck but I didn't know the name was literal. ............lol..................Call me a computer gooru.........................lol.

CJ
    "It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ****."
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited April 2004
    Paul (my name in spanish). My e-mail is PabloRock which is my first name translated to spanish and my last name translated to english (it was an on going thing with the entire family, but it's fallen off over the last 10 years).
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited April 2004
    I doubt that anyone's that interested in me, but..........
    Born in 1952....Year of the Dragon. I really like dragons and have several oriental type dragon tattoo's. Name is Rob or Robert.....no "Bob" please, he doesn't live here......and I am NOT your typical 51 yr old, fer sure. :cool:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited April 2004
    mantis is one of the Arts I study.7 star Praying Mantis Kung Fu.it's a northern style.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2004
    Tour2ma... Just an old golf nickname that once upon a time I came close to earning... Given to me by my old bud, "Boomer".
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,474
    edited April 2004
    Emlyn is the cute one in front with the short legs. Kasey is the dumb blonde. Emlyn died from an inherited blood disease, so he got his name on Club Polk. Kasey's still around.

My name is Mark, but there seem to be a lot of Marks around.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2004
    I think "Emlyn" was cute too.

:p

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited April 2004
    Weird....I've never seen a screen door with the shock on the bottom.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited April 2004
    Mine is a result of collecting hotwheel cars, I used to enjoy the hobby but the darn fleamarket dealers and ebay dealers would raid them before a regular collector like myself could even get a fair shake at them. Once they raid them like a swarm of hornets they mark them up by as much as 2 to 8 bucks for the regular ones and upwards of 12 to 15 bucks for the treasure hunts,or they put them up for auction on ebay. So needless to say I have halted hotwheel collecting due to the inablity to find what I was after as they were already gone, and I am not going to pay the huge dealer markup to get them either.

Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2004
    mine was the name of a remix of a song by darude. the numbers r just some random crap i pulled outa my ****.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited April 2004
    Many years ago I was visiting Tibet, knocked back some Everclear and fig tea with the Dali Lama and his crew......

No that's not right....

It's just my name.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited April 2004
    Might your name sake be the father of Dweezle & Moon Unit ?

J/K ...
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited April 2004
    Zen Whoopie!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2004
    I got this screen name within a week of starting college. The whole rap thing of, off the heezy for sheezy my neezy, or in the hizouse, crap had just started. So, Shelby ---> Shelbs ----> Shizelbs. Kinda dumb, but its unique. A lot better than other names I have been called before.
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited April 2004
    My name is Brad Johnson...Hence the BJ on the end.
    The niner part is wishful thinking of a below average white guy that's hung like a pimple.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."