What does your screen name mean?

13»

Comments

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited April 2004
    Last name - first initial. (Loves Formula 1 racing too!)

Hiya F1nut, R
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited September 2007
    Jack - like that name. I am Alan loves F1 a lot. you guys have any fav f1 teams?
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited September 2007
    Mine was the unfortunate result of catching Roots and Shogun on at the same time.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited September 2007
    It is just a name I came up with one night after being in the studio all day. Forget image, it is all in the sound. :p
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • BAD ASP
    BAD ASP Posts: 361
    edited September 2007
    My screen name is the license plate on my car. My preference in fast cars is anything Cobra. The state of Illinois wouldn't let me have BAD **** for my Shelby so I resorted to the biblical name for the cobra----ASP. The license plate on my Shelby cobra is BAD ASP.
    For the interested, the car is a Superformance replica. The car weight with driver is 2725 lbs. The engine is a 427w fuel injected with an 1100 hp intercooled turbo from Garrett. With 25 lbs of boost the rwhp on a mustang dyno was 1096 HP. I drive the car on the street with 7 lbs of boost and tuned accordingly. The mustang dyno shows 596 rwhp with this set up. Fun definitely, scary absolutely, deadly, if you get stupid.
    Home Theater
    Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
    Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
    Processor: sunfire theater grand V
    Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
    Rears: Polk LSiFX
    Side surrounds: Fxi5
    Center: (2)polk LSiC's
    Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
    Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
    Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
    Projector: sony vw60
    Screen: Da-Lite 106"
    APC S20 Power conditioner
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited September 2007
    BAD ASP wrote: »
    My screen name is the license plate on my car. My preference in fast cars is anything Cobra. The state of Illinois wouldn't let me have BAD **** for my Shelby so I resorted to the biblical name for the cobra----ASP. The license plate on my Shelby cobra is BAD ASP.
    For the interested, the car is a Superformance replica. The car weight with driver is 2725 lbs. The engine is a 427w fuel injected with an 1100 hp intercooled turbo from Garrett. With 25 lbs of boost the rwhp on a mustang dyno was 1096 HP. I drive the car on the street with 7 lbs of boost and tuned accordingly. The mustang dyno shows 596 rwhp with this set up. Fun definitely, scary absolutely, deadly, if you get stupid.

So... basically it is really slow...
    :p :cool:

That thing is a BEAST.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited September 2007
    Mine came from the guys at work. I'm a street light tech, installer, gopher, whipping post etc. I'm the only one in the three counties that takes care of all those lights. Hence, Lightman was has come to be.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    Mine is because i "bagged" my "lancer" when I had it.

In other words, I took out my coil suspension and switched it over to all air bags, no struts, no coils. Compressors and tank in the trunk.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited September 2007
    BAD ASP wrote: »

Ohh man! I wanna ride!!!!!!

Whoooooo hoooo, what a car! One of my all time favorites. Isn't it everyone's?
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Combination of my wife's name and mine. Have used it ever since we got married.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • BAD ASP
    BAD ASP Posts: 361
    edited September 2007
    hey bottom, you live in one of the most beautiful cobra areas. Isn't Mt. Shasta within driving distance? Mutelight, Savannah is one of the most beautiful antibellum cities in the U.S. My wife is an antique nut so she'd love for me to sell all my sh%% and buy something there. I would prefer the Pac Northwest myself especially for driving. Here's a complete pic and the red car is the 71 torino cobra supercobrajet.
    Home Theater
    Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
    Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
    Processor: sunfire theater grand V
    Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
    Rears: Polk LSiFX
    Side surrounds: Fxi5
    Center: (2)polk LSiC's
    Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
    Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
    Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
    Projector: sony vw60
    Screen: Da-Lite 106"
    APC S20 Power conditioner
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited September 2007
    Sherard is my name, P is the first initial in my last name. Pretty simple.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    My favourite Canadian F1 driver Gilles Villeneuve whom made famous the #27.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    Mine is easy...

First name, last initial, and birthdate.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited September 2007
    It means I've spent a lot of time reading here on the Polk site plus my wife sells books to the school systems so I read-alot.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2