What does your screen name mean?

Comments

• Spoonman
    Spoonman Posts: 135
    edited April 2004
    Many people assume my name is from a song by a group who's name I can't think of at the moment. However that assumption is wrong. It was/is a nickname we gave my now 27 yo daughter when she was just a toddler. She had a fascination with spoons and out of that fascination grew many stories and fun times. Great thread BTW!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited April 2004
    Ah screw it, might as well join in. Mine is pretty simple, I love Forumla One racing. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by Spoonman
    Many people assume my name is from a song by a group who's name I can't think of at the moment.

You would be thinking of Soundgarden.
  • nebborjk
    nebborjk Posts: 425
    edited April 2004
    I like having user names that are first initial and last name, or first initial, middle initial and last name. krobben and kjrobben are usually taken so I reversed it. NEBBORJK.
    Proud SOPA Member since 2005!
  • Spoonman
    Spoonman Posts: 135
    edited April 2004
    You would be thinking of Soundgarden.

Thanks Shizelbs! That's the one.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2004
    No thought put into mine. My first name is Anthony, and...
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited April 2004
    i literally have a Spastic Pit Bull Terrier.
    Life without music would
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited April 2004
    I used to be a big DeadHead. The Grateful Dead were not allowed to play in Hampton VA, so they toured there as the Warlocks and it was the best Dead show I ever saw. They were called the Warlocks before they became the Grateful Dead. I just got an email about the Dead tour this summer and I was thinking how long it has been. Might have to check them out this year. They are playing at the Nissan Pavillion in August if anyone is interested.
    Great thread, Jeff
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited April 2004
    Shep is a nickname I have been called everywhere I have lived. My last name is Sheppa. When I got married years ago, some folks joked that I was now shep times 2, hence the x.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2004
    Name of my Offshore fishing boat, fish absolutely fear me since they always leave the area when I show up.

Well, not always, did land this one.

Name fits for audio too spent some time with a Reel to Reel in my teenage days.;)
  • dlew308
    dlew308 Posts: 530
    edited April 2004
    dlew is short for for my first initial, last name.
    308 is the caliber of my rifle :) (Savage FP-10)
    Someone took dlew for an email account I wanted so dlew308 was born.
  • Devildog
    Devildog Posts: 68
    edited April 2004
    Devildog is from the name the Germans gave the Marines in WWI. The name stuck and even though I wasn't in WWI, I did manage to go to Vietnam from Oct '67 to Nov. "68 (Chu Lai). Once a Marine, Always a Marine. Semper Fi and God bless my bros kickin' some **** right now in the sandbox.
    The Revolution will not be televised.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2004
    Gidrah, Ghidrah, King Ghidorah, etc. I don't really know other than to say he's the baddest **** **** of all the giant monsters. I later found a Godzilla in some audio forums so I only go by that name here, so as to not cause any major city destruction should we cross paths.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited April 2004
    I didn't give much thought to mine either. Frankly, I didn't think I'd ever use it. My name is Jason Cauthron. I wanted something short, and JC and JasonC were taken....
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited April 2004
    Not much thought in mine either. Just my usual handle.

First name Derick, named after my good old dad Frederick Carlson.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • rlw
    rlw Posts: 231
    edited April 2004
    Why do I always seem to end up buying the biggest, baddest, fastest, loudest, [insert favorite over-the-top adjective here] toys?

Maybe because I have a ReallyLittleWeenie?
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by rlw
    Why do I always seem to end up buying the biggest, baddest, fastest, loudest, [insert favorite over-the-top adjective here] toys?

Maybe because I have a ReallyLittleWeenie?

Hilarious.
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited April 2004
    "Grimster", Its just what everyone called me back middle school and it seems to have stuck with me every since. Someway, shape or form it used to be "The Grim Reaper" until me and a bunch of buds got **** faced one night and "Grimster" was born, "74", year I was born.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2004
    My dad has been Shack for 60 years...I picked it up about 37 years ago...and my oldest daughter got tagged with it about 6 years ago (probably will change if/when she get married...maybe not)...so it's a family thing.

The more recent "famous" person who has taken on the name can't even spell it correctly....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2004
    My name is Henry, I like to get Bombed and if your getting a beer bring me 1 Toooooooo....;)

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • pixiedave
    pixiedave Posts: 227
    edited April 2004
    There is a 35 YEAR OLD BAND OUT OF ENGLAND, http://www.planetgong.co.uk Their lead guy Daevid Allen has a far out theory;
    He believes that there is a Green planet gong that exists in superspace. On this planet exists; Angell's Eggs, Octave Doctors, Love Projectors and Potheadpixies who fly up and down the Oily Way in Teapot Taxis. Now the denezens of Planet Gong communicate brain to brain via radio gnome invisible. These transmissions are recievable buy anyone, but no one can show you to tune in, you have to figure your own way to tune in. The cool part is that The people of Planet Gong transmit there messages of peace and love to The band Gong here on earth so that they may transfer the message to us!!

This also explains my domain http://www.teapottraveler.com.

A great band:D :D:D
    Purple.jpg
    You never blow your trip forever! < Daevid Allen
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited April 2004
    Since you asked... :o

Vr3 = Version 3

I have used MXstyler in so many screen names, or MX - that eventually, upon re-creating the same SN over and over again, it started with Mxstyler, then vr2mxstyler, then vr3mxstyler -- and I actually did Vr4, but went back to Vr3. The reason why I would change sns so much is because to many people knew the sns....now Aim has invisible modes, and I leave all of my screen names on basically. But, they are all 'offline'...lol -- Low and behold, Vr3 came about, Version 3 of the name.

MX = Model number of my first stereo..... JVC MX G50, still have this thing at my Dad's house in the game room. (Of course, it's not mine anymore...lol)

Styler = Eff, I dunno, sounded cool 2 years ago. Still does. lol.

2k3 = 2003

So there ya go, Version 3 Mx Styler 2003 = Vr3Mxstyler2k3
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2004
    ur the only person i know with versions of screen names lol

whens the final release come out?
  • fgr41
    fgr41 Posts: 432
    edited April 2004
    fgr41

Friendly Ghost Racing #41

I grew up in Indianapolis and have been to over 25 500's. I'm only 32 so I have been going most of my life. I always dreamed of racing and when I was in college I started racing karts. Casper was our mascott and we took the name Friendly Ghost Racing. In sports I was alway 41, the opposite of my favorite driver when I was a kid AJ Foyt #14.

http://friendlyghost.bounceme.net

I have a race this weekend, wish me luck!
    Front
    Polk RT800i (BI-wired)
    Rear
    Polk RT600i
    Center
    Polk CS400i (BI-wired)
    Sub
    SVS 25-31PCi (22Hz tuning port)... it's SubHuman
    Receiver
    YAMAHA RX-V1400
    TV
    Mitsubishi WT-46807 HDTV
    HD receiver
    T i V o HR10-250
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2004
    i'll jump..
    mine is exactly as you see it. not cool enuff.
    stemmed from the movie hackers 0 cool.. kinda figured i was always ntculenuff to play with the cool kids :p
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited April 2004
    Retired from 33 years of racing stock cars,started a book store on a whim,it got to be a pain in the butt,turned it over to my wife and now I just read-alot.

Edit: went back to racing a few months after this post. Couldn't afford health insurance offered to old retired people.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2004
    Anyone care to venture a guess? First one guesses correct gets to throw a flaming bag of **** on Dorokusai's front porch! ;)
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    edited April 2004
    LOL........John you obviously haven't met his wife!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2004
    Well damn dude, the weather is awesome and my weekends are freeing up. We must catch up sometime soon to do whatever. Movie, go out somewhere, whatever! Seems like ages since we all hit the Senator.

Now...elaborate on his wifey. Do tell! :D

Mark, you big dog! What the hell you been doing? Work, school and the club are kickin my ****! I need time away from it all!

DJ John, the strippers choice
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    edited April 2004
    You got it! Kinda busy this weekend, but I'll call you next week.

President of Club Polk