no bass 3.1tl

Options
13»

Answers

• ps4y2ch0
    Options
    xtvk3k98uu6b.jpeg
    its a little fuzzy, but this is the screw in between the inductors which are then covered by the big black caps. its totally closed off and too narrow to fit just the tip even...
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    Maybe a 90 degree phillips screw driver was used to put that screw in? I don't see how else you could do it by what you have shown and described. That would be my guess, is a 90 degree phillips screw driver.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • ps4y2ch0
    Options
    i may just end up sending them to that ebay guy thats the clup polk member and just let them finger it out. or make a yearlong project for myself to learn on
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Who ever did that was clueless to say the least. Now you know why you have a problem.
    Westmassguy here may be able to help you. There is a good chance he will not want to reuse those boards for obvious reasons. New boards run 100.00 take that in consideration.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yeah, @pitdogg2's advice is good for recommending @westmassguy. Not sure if that is who you were referring to in your post @ps4ych0, but he is a trusted member of the forum and an excellent modifier of crossover boards.

Edit: Make sure you have the resistors replaced with a good resistor. Mills or Duelund are most common and are both excellent for different sound qualities/reasons. Mills are warmer and less detailed, and Duelund (cast) are more neutral and very high detail.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee