15678911»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,625
    Options
    Yep2 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Holly Crap I just found my first post EVER on this forum!
    Nov 2010 (my bad).
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/109281/ever-ride-horses

So have you turned into Mark and now have a better relationship with the horse????

Mark was a Moderator back then.

The real question is do you have chaps?
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Mark did are they like his?
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I'm just waiting for the "Poutine Kharma".
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,090
    Options
    I don't think it ships very well.

As a poutine aside, our little local tavern (which is actually pretty good) has potine with crispy duck on their starters menu. It is wonderful.

I think you have to have a note from your cardiologist saying it's OK for you to order it, though ;)

• mhardy6647
    Options
    "Poutine Kharma" sounds like the name of an adult film actress.
    Just thought I'd mention that, you know, as long as I was typin' stuff...
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    "Poutine Kharma" sounds like the name of an adult film actress.
    Just thought I'd mention that, you know, as long as I was typin' stuff...

Agree
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    -- albeit not necessarily one whom I'd wish to see perform.
  • pitdogg2
    Options

No sense of adventure there Doc....
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options

I'll watch
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »

I'll watch

I dunno -- with a name like Poutine, I am thinking she might be kinda... well... Rubenesque, you know? Lightman1's kinda woman.

;)
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    "Poutine With Crispy Duck".

Kind of reminds me of the burlesque act that used to appear downtown in the 60's;
    "Evelyn West and Her $50,000 Treasure .... " .... uhm .... something.

I don't thing I would really care to meet an actor named "Crispy Duck".
    Although, he might have some pretty interesting stories to tell.
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,124
    Options
    l0bveex4hpjp.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    I actually lost my first account. This is my new one, which doesn't accurately represent my tenure here. You'll recall my dad was kind of an odd one and actually introduced me to this place.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    How many active members today? Anybody know?

Looking at post daily 20....
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,658
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    How many active members today? Anybody know?

Sad. Im friends on Facebook with more ex members than that.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    We had 20 from all over at LSAF
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Most people. Unfortunately, I lost my bid to keep my license after my speeding ticket and I will not be attending. bums me out because I REALLY want to get ears on the Mastersound/Rosso pairing.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Most people. Unfortunately, I lost my bid to keep my license after my speeding ticket and I will not be attending. bums me out because I REALLY want to get ears on the Mastersound/Rosso pairing.

Aeroplane.....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,124
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Aeroplane.....

Yep... just drop on in courtesy of the flying Elvises.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options

That's one tough state you live in... :thumbsup:

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,057
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Great post John. My first opportunity to buy speakers as a young person was in the post SDA era of Polk. RT2000's were a great start. I'm grateful for the depth of knowledge this forum provided and for introducing me to the world of SDA. I would have never discovered SDA or dared to undertake modding a pair of speakers without this forum and the great community of contributing senior members.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Bumped to the top.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Well Ryan thanks for bumping this thread! I would have never read it otherwise. And I did read the entire thing!

I joined CP a few months after the initial post, for reference as to my newbie status. :smile:

Wow! The OP @jstas sir I believe that may be the longest post I've ever read by you! Well done John!

First and foremost, I had to look up Poutine. Lol. Yes I live very near to the Canadian border, spent many days working on projects in Canada, going out to dinner with my Canadian colleagues (love em all) and IIRC never a mention of Poutine. At least as far as I can remember. Poutine and Crispy Duck? Not on my short list, but ya never know!

John a lot of what you mentioned back then still holds true today. Look at the generosity just today bestowed upon our very own @scubalab for his dear father! Amazing place this is, how we are willing to help each other! Al I know your Dad will love his new minty spinner! From our very own @Kex !

I've seen this many many times here.

"Hey I need a (thing) anybody got one?"

"Yeah for sure, I can send it to you for no charge!"

I've been the recipient of that type of generosity.

"Hey but do you know me?"

"Doesn't matter. You're on CP, your're a good guy/gal, you contribute, share, debate, laugh, cry, etc. Glad you're here! Now what's your address so I can get this out tomorrow!"

Unbelievable generosity. For those folks who just joined, or are just out there, just watch, and you'll see it often.

The other key points, wisdom and experiences shared, such as newbie advice - listen and learn, debating others, if you can dish it out you gotta be able to take it, etc. Really life's lessons, not just here.

"Hey my advice is -"

Yep sometimes that pill is tough to swallow. Good advice nonetheless. Why? Because at least one of you have traveled that road before. Newbies - Heed that advice! :smile:

Good to see that a lot of the folks back then are still here today. What I sensed from that thread is the camaraderie, brother/sisterhood, family. And that is still here today!

I for one, and I've also said this countless times, is that I am glad I found this place, and am a better person for it!

Rock on Club Polk! :smile:

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.