FS: Rogue Audio Magnum 66 Tube Preamp

Comments

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    just the tip :o
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »
    by golly yes! :D

Seriously????...would love to slide it in the system
    Don't forget to bring protection... You never know where it's been.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    marvda1 wrote: »
    bringing the rogue to lsaf?

I'll see if I can swing it. I'm in iowa, the Rouge is in North Carolina, y'all are in Texas, I have four flights planned in seven days, then back to Iowa then back to NC.
    Piece of cake!
    And I need new laces for my work boots!
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    so now I should bring my DNA 0.5 to you so I can experience how it plays with tubes?
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • lightman1
    11tsteve wrote: »
    so now I should bring my DNA 0.5 to you so I can experience how it plays with tubes?

There ya have it, Steve. If you want to make the trip to NC, the door is open. Maybe I can have it shipped to Steve's @gudnoyez and turn them loose on his 2.3s.....hrmmmm....
  • 11tsteve
    huh.... did I read this wrong? I thought you bought the Rogue, and it will be making its way from NC to Iowa?
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    I can easily ship from here if helpful? It's already packed up.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Congrats again Russ............sucks you have to wait to get it.

I have tubes here with your name on them >:)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    I can easily ship from here if helpful? It's already packed up.

I'll send you my addy. ;)
  • lightman1
    huh.... did I read this wrong? I thought you bought the Rogue, and it will be making its way from NC to Iowa?

I live in NC, been working in Davenport for a few months. And then going to LSAF at the end of the month. Simple!
  • 11tsteve
    lightman1 wrote: »

I live in NC, been working in Davenport for a few months. And then going to LSAF at the end of the month. Simple!

oh.... if I'd only known!
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • lightman1
    edited April 2016
    We could make a Russ sandwich. Me in the middle and two Steve's on either side!
    Come on down!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Don't let Russ fool you
    He's a homeless gypsy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Come on down!
    Unsee! Unsee!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Come on down!

3827954-2961100949-a9917.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    Don't let Russ fool you
    He's a homeless gypsy

Fairly close to the truth. Seven months on the road now. A few days here and there at home.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2016
    A rolling stone gathers no moss! Rolling stoned may get you into trouble though....
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    A rolling stone gathers no moss! Rolling stoned may get you into trouble though....

Cmon.... the only thing that would gather on Russ if he wasnt moving would be something you need penicillin to kill (keeping it kid friendly) :blush: ... and he may already have it from being on the road that much..... :wink:

@txcoastal1 .... Talk to @Joey_V to see what stuff you guys can bring to sanitize your rooms after Russ leaves lol.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1

Cmon.... the only thing that would gather on Russ if he wasnt moving would be something you need penicillin to kill (keeping it kid friendly) :blush: ... and he may already have it from being on the road that much..... :wink:

@txcoastal1 .... Talk to @Joey_V to see what stuff you guys can bring to sanitize your rooms after Russ leaves lol.....

Not my problem he'll be slumming with his girl...
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• lightman1
    Yeah.... She makes me take a bath every day when I'm around her. :(
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    edited April 2016
    or the Steves.
    I disabled signatures.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

Yeah, but it all starts with a handshake and progresses from there... couple shots and he will be humping your leg lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1

Yeah, but it all starts with a handshake and progresses from there... couple shots and he will be humping your leg lol....

Depends on how good the leg looks.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2016

I think he is in deep enough with the Three T's.....t**s, tubes and tires. :) Ain't we all??? lol
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481

HOW do you manage? geesh some people:)
  • lightman1
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Right? I use the lack of bathing as a defense mechanism. Keeps chatty, stupid people from wanting to be near me and wasting my time.
    I gots things to do....
  • txcoastal1
    msg wrote: »
    or the Steves.

Whew that's a relief, thank goodness that my name ain't steve

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Right? I use the lack of bathing as a defense mechanism. Keeps chatty, stupid people from wanting to be near me and wasting my time.
    I gots things to do....

THAT I BELIEVE LOL
  • 11tsteve
    Come on down!

I've never had to wash an amp before.....
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    Come on down!

Don't wanna know who's supplying the mayo for the sammich...