Patriots footballs under inflated

Options
vmaxer
vmaxer Posts: 5,117
Just read this...

The Patriots probably deflated footballs during the AFC Championship in deliberate violation of game rules, the NFL says.

"It is more probable than not" that two Patriots employees "participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee," according to an investigative report released Wednesday.

It's also likely quarterback Tom Brady "was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities," the report said.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.

Pio Elete Pro 520
Panamax 5400-EX
Sunfire TGP 5
Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
PS Audio GCPH phono pre
Sunfire CG 200 X 5
Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
OPPO BDP-83 SE
SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
Ctr CS1000p
Sur - FX1000 x 4
SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
Onkyo TX-DS898
GFA 555
Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
RTi 38's -4
RT55i's - 2
RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
LSI 15's
CSi40
PSW 404

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    That's so February.....its Hockey playoff time!
    Who's deflating pucks!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Yep it's old, but the investigation isn't. Who gives a puck??? >:)
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    So Haldeman is guilty but Nixon gets off scott free. >:)
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    I'm glad that info came from CNN and affiliated media.

If it were from a reliable source of news I'd be concerned!

:)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
    I could clearly see the "deer in the headlights" look on Tommy's face waaaay back when it all first came out. :D
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    If they are guilty, I hope they get what they deserve.

No Hockey for me though...its NBA playoffs for me..Hope the Cavs can get a W tonight.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,098
    Options
    I don't see that matters
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    If the Patriots are guilty the NFL needs to set a precedent and take away the trophy, but please don't give it to the Seahawks! >:)
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    Options
    What difference, at this point, does it make?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    If the Patriots are guilty the NFL needs to set a precedent and take away the trophy, but please don't give it to the Seahawks! >:)
    I wouldn't hold my breath. If the NFL did not remove the Lombardi from a team that had players being paid bonuses for every career ending injury they caused, they won't do it here either.

The L FL (lingerie football league) has more credibility these day....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    Options
    The Patriots cheating? No way.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    Options
    What difference, at this point, does it make?

LMAO......good one.

Key word in all that is "probably". Which translates to they have no proof. More drama for the drama queens. If they do have proof, doubt it would ever surface because then the NFL would have to do something about it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Farkenhostile
    Options
    As a Seahawks fan I just want to say they beat us fairly, they are the champs etc.

It will be interesting to see what the punishment is but there's no way they would ever take wins away from NE and they shouldn't.

My guess is 50-100k fine for Brady and the ball boys will get canned and NE might lose a late round draft pick or two and it will be over.
  • tonyb
    Options
    My guess is 50-100k fine for Brady and the ball boys will get canned and NE might lose a late round draft pick or two and it will be over.

Seems like a fair price to pay to win a SB. Not much of a deterrent there. 50-100k is a spit in the bucket to Brady and the organization.

Granted, the whole ball thing wouldn't have changed the outcome but still needs to be a pretty stiff penalty administered to halt any future thoughts of cheating.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
    Pete Rose's "offense" was far less grievous, (IMO) look where he ended up.........
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,986
    Options
    maybe the NFL should do the ball handling during games in the future....so to speak.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options

Wouldn't that just be par for the course? Why should the ball boys lose their jobs? Can you imagine the hissy fit TB would have had if said ballers would not have done as directed by him?

The report said that Brady would not turn over his phone to the investigators for a peek at the text history. The NFL is calling this noncooperation an activity detrimental to the integrity of the league and therefore, subject to penalty (penalties?) for Brady and the Patriots organization.

I don't think it will just "be over" either. I think this will linger one step behind Brady, Belichick and the Patriots for a long time.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,079
    Options
    Yeah the cheatriots give me a Steve Grogan, lead Patriots team now that there was a QB and an impressive team.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    That's so February.....its Hockey playoff time!
    Who's deflating pucks!!
    How do you deflate a hockey puck?
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    If not the greatest QB ever? The Colts game was a blowout! Everyone hates a winner w a supermodel wife. The Super Bowl was the most exiting highest rated sports event ever! I blame the officials for their incompetence. Brady did not beat his child,wife, or commit murder? Who cares? Way more important things going on in this country . 95 million working age Americans out of work! Peace. Go Bears!
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • tonyb
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    If not the greatest QB ever? The Colts game was a blowout! Everyone hates a winner w a supermodel wife. The Super Bowl was the most exiting highest rated sports event ever! I blame the officials for their incompetence. Brady did not beat his child,wife, or commit murder? Who cares? Way more important things going on in this country . 95 million working age Americans out of work! Peace. Go Bears!

While I can agree with all that....especially the Bears, lol......you still have to maintain the integrity of the game. Without it, you wind up like professional boxing.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,001
    Options
    Brady and Belicheat should be tossed out and the SB taken away from the Pats. Might just send a message to the rest of the NFL.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,679
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »

Now that was some funny chit right there!!!!

• tonyb
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

While I can agree with all that....especially the Bears, lol......you still have to maintain the integrity of the game. Without it, you wind up like professional boxing.
    Integrity of the game you say. What a myth that is!
    Not really, it is all about big money and winning. Don't kid yourself that most everyone involved tries to "stretch the rules"or break them weighing the cost/benefit of not getting caught.
    Hockey and golf are probably the most honest though on either side of that coin.

It is human nature. In everyday life we see it, just travel on an Interstate.
    Why do we hold such a low standard for those that govern us, and only seem to really care when it involves a professional athlete? Misplaced priorities if you ask me.

Agreed, but lets not take football into politics. Funny huh ? Coming from me ? lol.

It's like this though, what do rules matter if your not held accountable ? What does the constitution mean if nobody abides by it ? Neither would be worth the paper they are written on then. Has to be consequences for breaking the rules, stiff ones at that. Otherwise society in general falls into chaos.

NFL isn't going to strip the SB win from the Patriots, that would leave a bad mark on the NFL. They'll down play it, maybe some suspensions and fines and move on. Cheaters will be in every sport, in every profession, getting caught or not doesn't make it ok.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • vmaxer
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »

Now that was some funny chit right there!!!!

Yes it was, had to watch all of it.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2015
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »

Integrity of the game you say. What a myth that is!
    Not really, it is all about big money and winning. Don't kid yourself that most everyone involved tries to "stretch the rules"or break them weighing the cost/benefit of not getting caught.
    Hockey and golf are probably the most honest though on either side of that coin.

It is human nature. In everyday life we see it, just travel on an Interstate.
    Why do we hold such a low standard for those that govern us, and only seem to really care when it involves a professional athlete? Misplaced priorities if you ask me.

Agreed, but lets not take football into politics. Funny huh ? Coming from me ? lol.

It's like this though, what do rules matter if your not held accountable ? What does the constitution mean if nobody abides by it ? Neither would be worth the paper they are written on then. Has to be consequences for breaking the rules, stiff ones at that. Otherwise society in general falls into chaos.

NFL isn't going to strip the SB win from the Patriots, that would leave a bad mark on the NFL. They'll down play it, maybe some suspensions and fines and move on. Cheaters will be in every sport, in every profession, getting caught or not doesn't make it ok.

Yep! Pro sports, cheating and profits. Oh, and don't forget about all the steroids, HGH, insulin and the like. You think you can GROW to such size and strength, naturally? How about some REAL drug testing that targets designer/sleeper drugs that are quickly purged from the system. What we need is an INFLATE-GATE investigation into our PUMPED UP NFL players-who don't use the needle to "deflate" balls but to inflate muscles (performance enhancements, if you will)? The Patriots are hardly alone, their crime? They got caught! lol

Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    NFL is the only sport that matters to me any more. They(officials) let that game play out knowing the balls were suspect. I hope nothing happens other than more training for officiating. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    And the credibility of the NFL and the commissioner continue to head south...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492185/article/brady-suspended-4-games-patriots-forfeit-2016-first-rounder

cheat all season long and get 4 games.... just wow.