Patriots footballs under inflated

Options

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,117
    Options
    And the credibility of the NFL and the commissioner continue to head south...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492185/article/brady-suspended-4-games-patriots-forfeit-2016-first-rounder

cheat all season long and get 4 games.... just wow.

I was just about to post this, you beat me to it..
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    NFL is the only sport that matters to me any more. They(officials) let that game play out knowing the balls were suspect. I hope nothing happens other than more training for officiating. Peace. D

Huh ?

No accountability on the Patriots part ? 4 games is about as lame as you can get. Well worth cheating then if you can tilt the odds in your favor for a SB win, wouldn't you say ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Bill would have traded the 1st rounder anyway. It's the 2017 4th rounder that hurts.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    This sets the standard for the NFL when they discover violations of rules -- even those that have no meaningful impact on the game.

Why shouldn't teams be able to choose the level of inflation of balls they use during games? After all, when the ball changes hands on the field, the team going on offense always uses its own balls.

The rules are the rules, nevertheless; the rule was broken, which has been interpreted as a violation of the integrity of the game, not just as a violation of a meaningless rule. The Patriots got their comeuppance.

The NFL needs "to scrub" its rules to eliminate all those that are similarly meaningless. Then they can put real meat into the "integrity" of the league and the game when rule violations are discovered.

Let's see what happens when the next violation of a meaningless rule is discovered.

Fairness is, as Aristotle said, "treating like things alike."
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    This is the most BS ruling from the NFL. I guess the haters and those jealous of the great success the Patriots have had will be happy.

Yes, we're very happy!

• teekay0007
    Options
    This is the most BS ruling from the NFL...Nothing was proven here. It was all circumstantial and with significant doubt.

Uh...don't think so. Also, you don't cooperate with the NFL's investigation and you're going to pay the price! Their record as cheaters had a lot to do with the severity of the penalty - IMHO.

• teekay0007
    Options
    Well, I see this will fire up the Patriots and they will be onto another Super Bowl.
    Go Patriots go. Tom Brady remains the greatest quarterback of all time!

My guess is, this will really get Brady's panties in a Bundchen! :wink:

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    Options
    Tom Brady remains the greatest quarterback of all time!

He's very good, no doubt, however it's arguable who's the greatest ever. Joe Montana? Dan Marino? John Elway? Brett Favre? All top echelon for sure.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Brady will appeal, the severity will be lessened and he'll, at the end of the day, miss all preseason games and pay $100k in fines. Maybe Ugz will drop his name. Big Whoop. Him and Giz make a hundred mil a year.

Ray Lewis murdered a guy and continued playing but let's focus on deflated and less aerodynamic footballs. Yowza!!

There really must not be anything else important going on in the NFL at this juncture in time......
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,001
    Options
    Tom Brady remains the greatest crybaby quarterback of all time!

I agree.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Options
    Hello, welcome the real world and the real world of sports. This isn't golf or tiddlywinks.
    Oh, well that changes everything. Cheat away!

• Moose68Bash
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Tom Brady remains the greatest quarterback of all time!

He's very good, no doubt, however it's arguable who's the greatest ever. Joe Montana? Dan Marino? John Elway? Brett Favre? All top echelon for sure.

I'm a fan of Brady and of the Patriots, and I nevertheless feel that they are diminished by this episode -- regardless of my comments above about the meaninglessness of the the inflation rule that they violated.

With that said, Otto Graham remains my pick for the greatest QB ever. He played when the game was really a game, not merely a big business. I believe his win/loss record still is at the top of the heap of QBs.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I surely hope you don't have kids with that mentality.
    I do and they have played to win several championships at the amateur and national collegiate level.

I see what you value then. Did they have to cheat to do it? I hope you raised them better than that.

Xcrapi is lying...

I wish you guys would no copy his posts as It bypasses my effort to ignore him.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • vmaxer
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    Xcrapi is lying...

No credibility or integrity. Got a BSº from wikipedia.

Yep o:)
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Nightfall
    Options
    TomBradyDeflategate.jpg

• gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
    Pats just got their new superbowl rings........
    7b5ftwz8gasd.jpg
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,386
    Options
    The greatest quarterback of all time ? That's easy.
    Baby Huey.

Oh, you may know him by his other name, Jim Plunkett. Oakland Raiders in the 70's.
    Anybody that could fit that fat of a head into a football helmet goes right to the top of the charts in my book. Superhuman feat of strength.
    Sal Palooza
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
    The biggest form of cheating, in my opinion is, the college's "student" athletes that exit their school to join the pros......and are still functionally illiterate. Why not drop the whole ruse about them being students and admit that they're hired school employees ? It seriously cracks me up when the players state their alma maters pre-game and....... they can barely pronounce the school's name correctly. Give me a break. There are, of course, exceptions. :D

FWIW, Johnny Unitas was the greatest ! ;)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Man Skip! That is depressing and scary!

There are a lot of adults, up here, who are functionally illiterate. I am seriously thinking of dedicating a good chunk of my spare time to volunteering in literacy programs that are trying to address this. I feel for these individuals and I'm also PISSED off at a school system obsessed with an "accountability mantra" that fails to CARE if people develop a love for learning or not! Testing the pants off of everyone is NOT a solution. Nor is firing people, like yourself, who are in the middle of a mess but trying to do the very best they can!

Now back to ranting and raving about Tommy? I do live in N.E., after all! lol

Where's that Polkie who tells all the nasty "golfing" stories about Brady, and hates Tom like no other?
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    Options
    We have this issue in the high schools as well. Don't think they get to college and magically don't know how to read or write. Over 50% of my student population is failing my class and we have 3 weeks before finals. Do you really think 50% of my students can fail and I not lose my job?

Unfortunately, many have been trained to think that way thus you get kids at college level who can't read because everyone along the line was afraid to fail them. Now that's a school system to be proud of....not !

IMHO....it should not be a reflection on you if 12 teachers prior to you failed to do what needed to be done.....or the parents for that matter. You can't tell me a parent doesn't know their kid can't read....at the grade they are suppose to anyway which is what.....preschool or 1st grade ? Maybe 2nd grade the latest ? So every teacher along the way passes the buck to the next teacher to save their own arse from scrutiny.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Nightfall
    Options
    I swear more than half the internet doesn't know the difference between:

their they're there
    your you're

etc.

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Options
    IIRC, didn't they find like only 2 of 15 balls were under inflated, and only by 1 lb. each?
    So those TWO balls were responsible for the 45-7 blowout?
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,001
    Options
    Only one of the allotted balls was correctly inflated, the one used for kicking. Yep, they cheated.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Only one of the allotted balls was correctly inflated, the one used for kicking. Yep, they cheated.
    No biggie.... my understanding is that Tom Brady has been playing with under-inflated balls his entire life.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    The Patriots cheat? Say it aint so Joe!
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    Man, this thread has certainly morphed! :)

How about let's talk cables!

• Nightfall
    Options
    How can speaker cables make a difference when all the wire INSIDE the speaker is thin garbage? Don't get me started on the miles of power cable the cable company has around town and you think the last 2 feet of power cable from the wall to your equipment is going to change anything? Get real!

:p

• Moose68Bash
    Options
    I apologize for raising the subject, which was done only in jest! :(