What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• pumpkinmanpumpkinman Posts: 6,509
    SIHAB wrote: »
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    u5zbe58dqiyu.jpeg

The Doors • L.A. Woman.........SACD

Which Sony is that P-man and how do you like SACD thru it?

DVP-NC555ES
    Just arrived in yesterday’s mail. That was the 1st SACD I played. Really haven’t had a chance to do any critical listening yet. I was looking for a changer for SACD and the price was right at $100 shipped. I bought it from a guy on Audiokarma
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
    lkgew71o8svs.jpeg

The Blues Project • Planned Obsolescence
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• SIHABSIHAB Posts: 453
    Listing to Gentle Giant 'Three Piece Suite' blu-ray.
    This is a must get for GG fans or if one is looking to start w/ GG.
    In fact, all of the Steven Wilson GG remixes are must have.
    pumpkinman wrote: »
    DVP-NC555ES
    Just arrived in yesterday’s mail. That was the 1st SACD I played. Really haven’t had a chance to do any critical listening yet. I was looking for a changer for SACD and the price was right at $100 shipped. I bought it from a guy on Audiokarma

Nice pickup!

Interesting feature:
    You can select a digital filter to reduce noise above 22.05 kHz (for sources with a sampling frequency of 44.1 kHz), 24 kHz (for sources with a sampling frequency of 48 kHz), or 48 kHz (for sources with a sampling frequency above 96 kHz). The Audio Filter can be set to Sharp or Slow. Sharp provides a wide frequency range and spatial feeling. Slow provides smooth and warm sound.

I'm playing w/ the front 5.1 outs with "bass management" on my new to me 2000ES.
    kppnd5ekigna.jpeg

The Band • Greatest Hits
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

llzd6p05qfpl.jpeg

Canned Heat • Live at Topanga Corral
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

udsyrdgsbtb7.jpeg

The Zombies • The Singles a’s & b’s
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• verbverb Posts: 4,447
    Just picked this up today! Gonna take em for a spin tonight!
    rdg9jdia90xm.jpg
    q9dwh2kjq491.jpg
    euh4h4f7qk4c.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • chumliechumlie Posts: 8,416
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Listing to Gentle Giant 'Three Piece Suite' blu-ray.
    This is a must get for GG fans or if one is looking to start w/ GG.
    In fact, all of the Steven Wilson GG remixes are must have.

If only he would get to " In A Glass House "
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,491
    2zd961wt6n6r.jpg
    Ace Frehley-Spaceman
    Greta Van Fleet-Anthem Of The Peaceful Army

Listened to both of these and giving the Ace a second spin while I'm waiting for the Missus to get ready so we can go to the Pheasants Forever Dinner. I'm liking The new Ace the new Greta Van Flert not so much, liked the EP of theirs better.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    Aphrodite's Child 666 cd in fake surround. (movie mode on the AVR)
    edited October 2018
    aur06hqlyyq9.jpeg

Matching Mole’s Little Red Record
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,348
    Black Sabbath - The Ultimate Collection.

r7zyuc5zkbsz.png
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,031
    Alice In Chains- Unplugged
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,922
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

xa9uyv3ix7wg.jpeg

Paul McCartney • Egypt Station
    IMHO one of the best things he’s done in a while.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,922
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,348
    Various tunes on random shuffle.

x1tjivic8jf2.png

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,669
    edited October 2018
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Electric Light Orchestra / Out of the Blue.

I can remember when the single for "Turn To Stone" from that album was released. My mother was bringing me and two of my older brothers Christmas shopping one night and it came on the car radio.

When the song got to the operatic vocal middle part, one of them said "Oh, this has just got to be Queen" and the other agreed. I said "No, it's not" (but I couldn't remember who it was as it was just recently released). :p They laughed at me because I was 3 and 6 years younger than them. They weren't laughing later when we got home and I played the 7" single by ELO I had just bought. B)

Micah, if you like ELO, I strongly recommend getting "ELO's Greatest Hits". There are only 11 songs on it, but every one is really good in my opinion, and it should be pretty easy to find on vinyl for a reasonable price. :)

tfexkeu36mpc.jpg

l3gcnnewwgod.jpeg

Kansas • both discs
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Rush on my secondary system in the basement!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    b3l1uko5l2ua.jpeg
    6equcpnceg6o.jpeg

McDonald and Giles
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,379
    0nerb2zii0dg.jpg
    Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Nevermind, turntable is now not holding a speed. :/
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    edited October 2018
    under the weather. Beatles marathon:
    Songbook
    SPLHCB blu-ray
    Revolver
    Rubber Soul
    so far...
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Nevermind, turntable is now not holding a speed. :/

Fixed!
    Finished DSOTM, and I’m now listening to The Beatles 1962-1966. :)
    Micah

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,069
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Alice In Chains- Unplugged

I have that on DVD as well. I pull it out and melt into it a few times a year on a weekend. The last show Layne Staley did IIRC . you could tell he was in a fog on stage.
    New Disturbed! Just picked this up today! Rock on!
    nhm6cpm1yowe.png
    ueiao0yoe7lq.jpg
    m842irwrfx6c.jpg