Where'd all the beer threads go?

Options

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I saw these tonight on the Friday night run and thought what the heck, put them on the deck for an hour Ice cold, an amber like a Kilans with a sweet taste 6.9% not bad and probably competing with the other Irish Ambers getting ready for St Paddys Day Miller is, which reminds me time for Corn Beef and Cabbage might just throw a nice Brisket in the Crock pot tomorrow.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Bunch of buddies and I went camping in Delaware this weekend, took some time out from drinking in camp to take a ride up to the Dogfish Head Brewery. I didn't stay for the tour, but I did sit at the tasting bar for a bit. You fill out a card with the names of 4 different beers you can try, I went with the 61 Minute, the 120 Minute, Palo Santo Marron, and their World Wide Stout to finish. First time tasting the 61 Minute, which was better then I thought going in. It's got syrah grape must in it, which gives it a wine-like characteristic. Balanced pretty well, I might drink a single again but wouldn't buy a four pack. The 120 Minute I'd had before, but this is the best I've had it. The woman at the tasting bar said it was a new batch, about 3 days old, and had been her favorite iteration. I'd agree with her assessment. Palo Santo was ok, too malty for my taste and had a soapy/floral thing going on I couldn't put my finger on. World Wide was pretty damn good, although at $9.00/bottle I probably won't be buying it anytime soon.

Best thing was the growler of 90 Minute we took to go. Freshest beer I'd had in a while. It was pretty much perfect in my eyes.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • bobsauto49
    bobsauto49 Posts: 973
    edited February 2014
    Options
    beer.JPG

One of the better,smoother beers I tried this winter! Hint of sweetness, nice hint of coffee taste! mmm mmm Good!
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have an empty bottle of dogfish 120 minute to remind me of how utterly awesome it was. Its the only bottle I have on display!
    Had the 90 too many times to count and is still awesome.

We actually invented the 90minute challenge. Drink the 4pack in 90 and see how you feel. Trashed!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • drummer86
    drummer86 Posts: 441
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Drinking a Palo Santo Marron right now. First Dogfish Head in months. Southern Tier and Evolution Craft Brewing are my top 2 brewers
    Display: LG 47" LCD | AVR: Marantz SR5005 | BD: Panasonic BDT-210 | CD/SACD: Oppo 980 |
    Amps: Rotel RB-990bx | Marantz MA-500 | Speakers: Totem Mite : Totem Mite-C : RC60i | Sub: HSU VTF-2 MKIV

HK AVR635 | Polk R30 | Sony DVD/SACD Player
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Have you tried anything from Southern Tier's Blackwater Series?
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The miller fortune is not bad. Better than the latest offerings from AB.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited February 2014
    Options
    drummer86 wrote: »
    Drinking a Palo Santo Marron right now. First Dogfish Head in months. Southern Tier and Evolution Craft Brewing are my top 2 brewers

Still haven't made it to Evolution to check it out, but the beers I've had from them are pretty good. Have you been to Burley Oak in Berlin? They make some good stuff also, especially the Rude Boy rye IPA.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    edited March 2014
    Options
    A fistfull of Porters to sample
    P3080279.jpeg
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2014
    Options
    That Stone Smoked Porter was a treat when I last had it.
    Nice selection.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I know its Becks they were out of Salvadors, chilled by the still cold winter days on the deck. This here Stein comes from the town of Heilbronn Germany and was given to me by my landlord of the house I was renting some 20 years ago, he got it from his Grandfather so this Stein is some 50 years old. Prost mitanander!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My favorite right now. Magichat 9
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • 123dme
    123dme Posts: 22
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Try Maudite. Canadian import. Great flavor.
  • bobsauto49
    bobsauto49 Posts: 973
    edited March 2014
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    You go back and get it!...one of the best as far as i'm concerned,
    By far the best beer I've had this winter!! Just ordered two cases! Awesome smooth beer!!
    Left Hand Brewery Nitro cream stout. DELICOUS!
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"
  • mrbiron
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm trying a Hi-Res from Sixpoint Brewing out of Brooklyn NY.
    Who'da thought an 11% beer out of a can, can be soooo good?? Hoppy Hoppy Hoppy!!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10607/110895/
  • cienega
    cienega Posts: 85
    edited March 2014
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I'm trying a Hi-Res from Sixpoint Brewing out of Brooklyn NY.
    Who'da thought an 11% beer out of a can, can be soooo good?? Hoppy Hoppy Hoppy!!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10607/110895/

That beer is outstanding and hides the 11% really well. Given the IBU's I guess it would.
    2 channel
    Vandersteen 3a sigs
    McCormick 225
    Vincent SAT-1 tube pre
    Cambridge 650 c
    HSU VTF-15H sub
  • drumiv
    drumiv Posts: 171
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Lately I've been drinking a new one; Ranger IPA. Lots of good hops in it. It reminds me of homebrew.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Deschutes Black Butte Porter
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • JerryR1verz
    JerryR1verz Posts: 76
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Cheers to the brew masters at Mustang Brewing Company in Mustang, OK. We had some terrific Summer Lager from this fine brewing company last night. My wife and I gave it a 10/10... yes, my wife even liked it. Keep up the fantastic job Mustang Brewery.

http://www.mustangbrewing.com/beer/summer-lager

No affiliation... just wanted to point out my recent experience and the fine product they produce.

JR
    Polk Monitor 10
    Polk Monitor 7
  • mrbiron
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I love this thread!!

My monthly beer gathering is Saturday, I'll post the 8 new beers after I sober up.
  • deronb1
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Great Lakes "Rye of the Tiger" is out now. Nice semi strong rye ipa 7.5 abv. Sharp rye bite with a hint of grapefruit. Refreshing on a hot day.
  • deronb1
    edited May 2014
    Options
    cienega wrote: »
    That beer is outstanding and hides the 11% really well. Given the IBU's I guess it would.

Where did you find the 11% brew? Arrow Wine?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited May 2014
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »

I bought 3 of holiday packs of Schmaltz HE-Brew 8-pack and they range from 7%-17%

One evening I was already into a 6-pack of assorted varieties as I am well stocked and really don't pay attention to what I grab next. Well I grabbed their 17% it was tasty, but being on a work night it was time for desert and bed right after. I meant to take the last one I have to LSAF but left without it.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • cienega
    cienega Posts: 85
    edited May 2014
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »

No it was at Belmont Party Supply which is the best place in my area for craft beer. Think the High Res was a limited release but they have the "light" version out now which is 8% or so.
    2 channel
    Vandersteen 3a sigs
    McCormick 225
    Vincent SAT-1 tube pre
    Cambridge 650 c
    HSU VTF-15H sub
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I use to brew my own for years, but have not brew in about 8 years probably. Brown ale was my favorite as all ales are easy and don't need lower more precise brewing temps as the lagers do. Stouts were fun to make (all extract kits though).

still highly recommend williams brewing for supply's and malt

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • deronb1
    edited May 2014
    Options
    cienega wrote: »
    No it was at Belmont Party Supply which is the best place in my area for craft beer. Think the High Res was a limited release but they have the "light" version out now which is 8% or so.[/QUOTE

Sweet! I work right by there on Smithville
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Drinking a Deschutes Mirror Mirror English barley wine, listening to Eagles - Hell Freezes Over. This beer is amazing. Fruity, malty, a touch of bitter, dry finish. Damn fine beer.

Mirror Mirror.jpg

From their website:

Alc. 11.2% | IBUs 53

Malt: Pale, Victory, Crystal, Maris Otter, Cara-Pils
    Hops: Millennium, Cascade
    Barrel-Aging: (50%) 10 Months in Oregon Pinot Noir, Tempranillo, and Malbec Barrels

Time for another glass!
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Nice.....Adding to my list Stew

Enjoying He'Brew, has a nice IPA barley kick, dry finish

Brewed by:
    Shmaltz Brewing Company visit their website
    New York, United States

Style | ABV
    American Double / Imperial IPA | 10.00% ABV

Availability: Limited (brewed once)

Notes/Commercial Description:
    Belgian Style Double Rye India Pale Ale
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Never had a Belgian Style Double Rye IPA - but it sounds awesome. I looked at their website and they're not available in Wyoming. I'll look for some the next time I go to Colorado.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Doesn't get any better than this for me:
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/259/1708/

speciaalbier_stbernardus_abt12.jpg
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room