Where'd all the beer threads go?

Options

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Currently enjoying Dog Fish Head : Indian Brown Ale. 7.2% and hoppy which tends to make me happy :)
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Options
    Brewed a batch of strong Belgian ale and it turned out good. Using the same yeast on custom dunkelweizen brew that is on the fermenter right now and smells really promising.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Sami, get on a Maibock!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Sami wrote: »
    Brewed a batch of strong Belgian ale and it turned out good. Using the same yeast on custom dunkelweizen brew that is on the fermenter right now and smells really promising.
    I miss brewing, use to do a few Ale's but i stayed away from Lagers due to not wanting to fight the brewing temp. did mostly brown ale's & stouts's cause I never made a lighter ale I liked...
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Sami
    Options
    Porter will be my next batch, either a vanilla or black strap.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited April 2015
    Options
    c40vw096hq4z.jpg

Grain Belt Nordeast Ice Cold, good ol Minnesota beer got 5 ice cold ones left and some tunes to go with them B)
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Wow....April was the last post. SLACKERZ!
    This is what I got ready for tonight.
    Troegs Nugget Nectar
    Treehouse Eureka
    Oskar Blues Pinner
    wegf3y20ogfv.jpg

My luchador bottle opened sits atop my empty keg tower, ready to headlock a cap off a bottle. No keg for a while...now who's the slackerz?
  • voltz
    Options
    Picked up some Shiner Bock while I was out, those dang Texas Boyz got me hooked on it! they make a wonderful Draft!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• mrbiron
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Can we really continue with this? I was told F1 doesn't drink.
    If so, there is a great local brewery near here called Abita Springs.
    X leave this thread alone if your going to bring drama. Just a bunch of guys who enjoy BEER. Thanks in advance!

On a further note, I have never heard of Albita but then again, its 3000 miles away. Any good?

Volts, I've had the shriner bock. Its a decent "easy" beer. Much more to explore. Buckle up! There are a lot of beers out there.
    7zbnqzwunvif.jpg

• voltz
    Options
    I use to make my own but takes to much time & equipment and room I didnt have plus boiling hops in the kitchen really stinks the place up a bit.

we had a Restaurant that had a 100 import beers and a around the world club...you get a plaque when your finished and I had like 4 before I just drank what I liked :)

love all Dark ales, but never been a Bock fan until now, love them chocolate Stouts.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Lagunutas Undercover Shutdown Ale. 9.3% abv and quite tasty! Love that brewery!
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    I use to make my own but takes to much time & equipment and room I didnt have plus boiling hops in the kitchen really stinks the place up a bit.

we had a Restaurant that had a 100 import beers and a around the world club...you get a plaque when your finished and I had like 4 before I just drank what I liked :)

love all Dark ales, but never been a Bock fan until now, love them chocolate Stouts.

Give the Rogue Chocolate Stout a shot. It's good. Or, if you also like Chocolate Porters, give the Boulder Chocolate Shake a try on nitro. This beer is awesome!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • mrbiron
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    Give the Rogue Chocolate Stout a shot. It's good. Or, if you also like Chocolate Porters, give the Boulder Chocolate Shake a try on nitro. This beer is awesome!
    If nitro isn't an option, you can use the "Syringe Method" on the stout after pouring it. I will tell you i was quite skeptic of it but it makes the beer phenomenal! (Credit goes to Malbec)
    The "Shake" by Boulder is a decent beer. I was a little deterred by the label on the bottle but overall, happy.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    So when I reno'd my basement 4 years ago, I tore down a drop ceiling and there lying was a can. Never heard of the stuff but my father explodes into laughter. He said he hadn't seen one if these in 20+ years. The prior owner put a pin hole in the bottle and drained it. Otherwise, its an unopened albeit empty can of red cap.

Just saw the can again and thought I'd share.

eop5pjtd9jwb.jpg
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2015
    Options
    4ycgrd25vee2.jpg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Having 3 or 2...
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • voltz
    Options

Thanks I will have to go shopping this weekend for some Porter!

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options

Thanks I will have to go shopping this weekend for some Porter!

The Boulder Shake is a totally different beer on nitro than straight from the bottle. If you can find it at a tap house on nito, that's the way to drink it. Hope this helps.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Lagunutas Undercover Shutdown Ale. 9.3% abv and quite tasty! Love that brewery!

Yeah Baby! Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale.
    um152nm06cbt.jpg

Guzzled 3 cases last month and now none of my shorts fit for Summer.
    So I've taken countermeasures.

tdu4cx7x61pq.jpg

Only 8% ABV. Less calories.

Be on the lookout for Wilco Tango Foxtrot later this year.
    One of Lagunitas' best.

• mrbiron
    Options
    Do they know you broke in? Private tour?
  • Sami
    Options
  • Sami
    Options
    Homegrown porter is giving me some good head...

g3kcb0ap00ig.jpg
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    n7gr1d6obzo2.jpg

You guys made me thirsty, my Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat beer pint glass came in the mail today you buy a 6 pack of beer and A package of Boulevard Brats you send in the coupon and you get a free pint glass

I drinking a Blue Moon Honey Wheat out of it these are pretty tasty., not quite the head that Sami is getting but Wheat brews are not known for a good head :*
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    Options
    Malbec wrote: »
    d1dztxuhrwb4.jpg

xcn4qo243zco.jpg

Did you eat while you were there?

Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Sami
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I drinking a Blue Moon Honey

Blue Moon and beer, where is the connection?

>:)
  • gudnoyez
    edited June 2015
    Options
    BY no means can Blue Moons compete with the Spaten or the Hoegardens but for American craft brews they are ok.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Sami
    Options
    While they make some decent beer I would not call Coors a craft beer company. As for head I have some wheat beer bottled that foams quite a bit but it's because I like mine carbonated (so I added a bit more priming sugar than is normally in wheat beer). It's also dunkel as I like it better dark.
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Yeah your probably right it's coos miller now and I myself don't consider either a craft beer but blue moon was once considered one until coos miller bought them out, I agree with you though a dunkel Weiss bier is better than a crystal Weiss bier especially Ice cold on a hot summer day
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Do they know you broke in? Private tour?

Ha ha. No break in here. I'm not that deft, daft maybe. I'd blow out a knee or break a hip trying to crawl through a ventilator shaft.
    $5 gets you a guided tour and a tasting plus a souvenir pint glass. You get in a couple areas where a self guided tour is off limits.

like here
    0xms6n6mdq3x.jpg
    erxzhamnenv5.jpg

strider wrote: »
    Malbec wrote: »
    d1dztxuhrwb4.jpg

xcn4qo243zco.jpg

Did you eat while you were there?

No. Sat at the bar in front of the growler filling station and had a couple flights.
    It had a cafeteria/food court vibe to me.