Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• mytime
    mytime Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Mother's Three Blind Mice. Gave it a try. Not bad but tries to be too many things IMO.
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited December 2013
    I like most of the shiner beers ... the holiday is good ...I was stuck on the wild hare for awhile..however today I am
    trying STone IPA .... seems to be kinda strong ..hehe
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited December 2013
    I like the Stone IPA it's not bad at all. I like Wild Hare a lot too but am still stuck on the Cheer haha.
  • fossy
    edited December 2013
    well ... this Black Sabbath tastes really good with this Stone .....cheers ....hook um horns
  • craigpsu
    craigpsu Posts: 106
    edited December 2013
    Saw a beer called game of thrones today, it was their stout. After tasting I decided to go with the HH special, any 3 half pints for 5 bucks. Got the Stone IPA, Oreillys Stout (Slyfox) and guiness. Next place on the pub crawl had a local Full Tilt Berger cookie stout which was nice.
    LSi15s, LSiC, LSiFX, LC80F/X, microPro 4000, Pioneer Elite SC-07, XPA-2, XPA-5, PS3
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited December 2013
    Nothing wrong with a good Stone IPA. Arrogant **** is a staple and i do enjoy the Levitation.

I just finished the last Troeggs Mad Elf...I have to say, that bottle will stay on the shelf next time i see it. To sweet and after taste just doesn't do it.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • craigpsu
    edited December 2013
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with a good Stone IPA. Arrogant **** is a staple and i do enjoy the Levitation.

I just finished the last Troeggs Mad Elf...I have to say, that bottle will stay on the shelf next time i see it. To sweet and after taste just doesn't do it.
    Troeggs is one of my favorite breweries on the east coast, each beer is done well.
    LSi15s, LSiC, LSiFX, LC80F/X, microPro 4000, Pioneer Elite SC-07, XPA-2, XPA-5, PS3
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited December 2013
    craigpsu wrote: »
    Saw a beer called game of thrones today, it was their stout. After tasting I decided to go with the HH special, any 3 half pints for 5 bucks. Got the Stone IPA, Oreillys Stout (Slyfox) and guiness. Next place on the pub crawl had a local Full Tilt Berger cookie stout which was nice.

I was surprised how much I liked the Full Tilt Berger stout. Really well balanced with the aroma of Berger cookies, which played out much better then what I was anticipating going in. Their pumpkin is really good, too.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited December 2013
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23052/74423/?ba=emerge077

Brought a 4 pack of these home the other night brewed right here in town. I to am surprised that they got the label approved but they did. It was funny watching tv I asked the wife how would she like a Big (you get the picture) BTW that is what you call a Rooster Phesant round these here parts. I have to admit not a bad IPA.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • craigpsu
    edited December 2013
    I have always enjoyed the creative minds of craft beer makers, with marketing and labeling. I am headed to Michigan this week, which I usually get to sample some decent beers not available here.
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    edited December 2013
    Spending the last few days wrapping gifts and sampling a few seasonals.

Can't upload pics for some reason.
    Tried the Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout. If you like coffee stouts, this is one to get.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1549/57747
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited December 2013
    Listening to some tunes, chopping, and dicing for tomorrow Xmas dinner sampling some brews
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • 4xoddic
    4xoddic Posts: 372
    edited December 2013
    I've made a list of stouts to taste (so I will likely exceed my usual 6-pack/year report to the MDs.

Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Barrel Stout, 22 oz (just one bottle purchased & consumed)

https://avbc.com/our-beers/anderson-valley-wild-turkey-bourbon-barrel-stout/

Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout "Dark in character. Not in spirit." 1 6-pack,

http://www.breckbrew.com/brews/oatmeal-stout

This liquor store had ~ 4 varieties total; I'd already gone thru a 6-pack of Guinness Irish. & I was too cheap for the $11.99 Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro.
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2013
    Just had the Founder's All Day IPA in my kegerator. Good and easy beer that anyone can drink.

My brother, brother-in-law, did a Deuce Deuce swap for Xmas. This is what i got....

IMG_20131224_144937_962_zps90f95f4e.jpg

I have so much beer, i don't even know what to do with it! (yeah i know, drink it :-) )
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2013
    4xoddic wrote: »
    I was too cheap for the $11.99 Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro.
    You go back and get it!...one of the best as far as i'm concerned,
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited December 2013
    Nice stash biron
    Just finished the Founder's Scottish Ale---really impressed
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Malbec
    edited December 2013
    PC190277.jpeg

This Porter from Iceland is outstanding.

The left hand milk stout gave me the stout splatters.
  • mrbiron
    edited December 2013
    ^^^^ Hehehehe

It looks like Wesley Snipes in a glass. Very nice!
  • 4xoddic
    4xoddic Posts: 372
    edited December 2013
    mrbiron wrote: »
    You go back and get it!...one of the best as far as i'm concerned,

THANX for the endorsement. I just checked my "list" & the Left Hand is on it! The Breckenridge is too bitter, per my wife (I agree).

We have 2 local sources:

XX Black Angus Stout from Little Apple Brewery http://www.littleapplebrewery.com/libations/flagships

&

Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Cream Stout from Tallgrass Brewing Co. http://www.tallgrassbeer.com/beers

I prefer the Buffalo Sweat. Tricia Gill (wife of Jeff Gill, Tallgrass Founder/Brewer/Drinker) was my Endocrinologist's Physician's Asst. for over a decade (she recorded my beer consumption). She now works with my MD.
  • j1mmy
    j1mmy Posts: 95
    edited December 2013
    I won free beer for a year at an IT conference in Austin, TX a couple months ago. A 12 pack of craft and intl beers for a year. free bacon for a year too.
  • mccarty250
    mccarty250 Posts: 220
    edited December 2013
    I'm assuming you're joking about the bacon part???
  • fossy
    edited December 2013
    rock & roll bacon .....its the best in Austin
  • mccarty250
    mccarty250 Posts: 220
    edited January 2014
    Is there something special about the bacon? Not saying that all bacon is not filled with goodness, just trying to figure out if they have done something crazy with the process of it's making like soaking it in whiskey or some such.
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2014
    So, i don't know if my mother-in-law is trying to buy my love but i have an unopened bottle of Sam Adams Utopias sitting on my countertop........all for me.

The gift set also includes the bourbon that is aged in the same barrels.
  • fossy
    edited January 2014
    dogfish head 90 this evenin ... just love it ...gotta treat myself ever now & then
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2014
    If you can find the Dogfish Head 120min, it is quite possibly my favorite beer of all time.
  • Malbec
    edited January 2014
    I have half a case of 120min in my beer fridge from August 2012. Gonna see how it ages for 5 years.
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2014
    Hahaha....boy do i doubt this thread will last that long.
    I'da never guessed it would still be kicking around when i started it in August.

My monthly Beer Club meeting was held this past Saturday. On the chopping block this week was;

Abita - Amber Ale
    Flying Dog - Old Scratch Amber Lager
    Flying Dog - Oyster Stout
    Bay State - Siebien Lager
    Anderson Valley - Boont Amber Ale
    Beer Works - Redeemer Imperial Red Ale
    Green Flash Brewing - Hop Head Red
    Ballast Point - Calico Amber Ale
    Brouwerij Bavik - Petrus Aged Red Ale

Our pallet cleanser was Rolling Rock......hahaha
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited January 2014
    I'm having a growler of Lauralwood Brewing Co. - Red Elephant IRA. Good stuff.

Also recently had a growler of Coranado Brewing Co. - Mermaid's Red. Very good stuff! Nice and smooth! :smile:

Also had a growler of Barley Brown's - WFO IPA. Also very good stuff!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited January 2014
    Someone say beer? Personal favorite is Founders Devil Dancer. Also Foothills: Seeing Double.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's