Where'd all the beer threads go?

Options

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    grimmace19 wrote: »
    Living in what's one of the hottest beer areas in the nation (Denver) has lead me to the following map that came out late last year.

http://popchartlab.com/products/the-bountiful-breweries-of-the-united-states-of-america

The wife and I put it into the basement after framing it without glass and do stick pins to each place we visit. Unfortunately it's already "dated" with how many new spots are opening up here in Colorado alone but it's fun none the less. Especially for traveling, it helps us locate a few "must hits" when we go out at night.

Hitting a new spot called Beare here in Denver tonight.

That's great!....I'm ordering one tonight.
    The new England area is peppered with crafter's. This should be fun. Thanks!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,108
    Options
    Serious question for our forum beer experts. I own the one bottle of the beer shown below. I received it as a gift in 1995. It is unsealed/unopened and has been refrigerated on it's side ever since. Just wondering would it be okay to drink? Should I keep it as is refrigerated and unopened, does it have value now or potential for future value? Thank you.293k32z0vv33.jpgxyssp9aclo1g.jpg
    k7eu2hg3wcf3.jpg

• Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    It will be fine to drink. As for the value, i've have no idea.
    If you like Ports or Cognacs you might enjoy this. It has no carbonation and most definitely is to be imbibed like a liquor. You really can't place this in any beer category as far as I'm concerned.
    Should you decide to drink it, I would decant it and allow it to warm to about 58-60 degrees F. and enjoy from a brandy snifter

o7zezcxslhnp.jpg
  • aprazer402
    Options
    Thanks a lot Malbec. I think I have the paper note card that came with my bottle somewhere. My brother knows a lot more about beer than I do. I know he has several thousand posts on Untappd. I don't even know what name he uses there. I know he's always ordering expensive beers and posting the photos there. The reviews I read about the SA Triple Bock are either very poor or good to very good. Most have said it comes out of the bottle almost like syrup. I think you described it very well in your reply. I thank you again. If I get brave I'll open it and share it with my kid brother and let him post all about it.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    k5lfyyqx44j1.jpg

Ok
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    That's great!....I'm ordering one tonight.
    The new England area is peppered with crafter's. This should be fun. Thanks!

If you're in the seacoast region of New Hampshire, stop at Throwback Brewery on Route 1 (Lafayette Road) in North Hampton. It started in a single unit in a nearby industrial park about five years ago. A couple of years ago the two owners purchased an historic farm on Route 1, redid the barn to serve as their brewery, tasting room, and restaurant.

They have some great brews -- all done from ingredients sourced from within 200 miles of North Hampton!

My favorite is Dipped Doo {I hope I have the spelling correct}. The names they use tend to reflect what used to happen on the farm or other local highlights.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mrbiron
    Options
    Interesting. Haven't heard of Throwback. It's the Dippity Do ;)

*Apparently, with info from their website, they only distribute in the NH area. That is why i haven't heard of them.
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    Interesting. Haven't heard of Throwback. It's the Dippity Do ;)

*Apparently, with info from their website, they only distribute in the NH area. That is why i haven't heard of them.

I apologize for the misspellings. I knew it was "Dippity," but I simply was wrong about the "Do." I think the autocorrect got me on the "Dippity" and changed it to "Dipped" without my catching it. :|

I really do need to proofread my posts better.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Malbec wrote: »
    7ayf6a4hr93a.jpg

There is a Hofbrau House in Newport, KY. Absolute blast with great food. You can any of em on tap in a three pint mug!......have a DD ;)
  • Malbec
    Options

Two of those mugs and a plateful of spatzle and red cabbage, I would need help leaving the table let alone driving.

Are the mugs shaped like a boot?

wfrc5qwznc8n.jpeg
    deronb1 wrote: »

There is a Hofbrau House in Newport, KY. Absolute blast with great food. You can any of em on tap in a three pint mug!......have a DD ;)[/quote]

• deronb1
    Options
    Malbec wrote: »

Two of those mugs and a plateful of spatzle and red cabbage, I would need help leaving the table let alone driving.

Are the mugs shaped like a boot?

wfrc5qwznc8n.jpeg
    deronb1 wrote: »

There is a Hofbrau House in Newport, KY. Absolute blast with great food. You can any of em on tap in a three pint mug!......have a DD ;)

[/quote]

I believe ive seen boots. Giant traditional mugs that weigh about 3 lbs (German 3 with my thumb and 1st two fingers held up) empty.:)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    Options
    ss78sndwjdmh.jpg
    gdb wrote: »
    ;)

xb1u1lvwh5tb.jpg

I beg to differ this Saranac Pumpkin Ale is pretty tasty. After living in Germany I drank plenty of boots of beer at the local pubs you sat at a table with a big boot of beer whoever got the back splash from the boot when it got to the bottom bought the next round.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Guess what I'm having......ky3rhsj0ip97.jpg
  • Malbec
    Options
    A black and tan perhaps??
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Guess what I'm having......

Let us see the head and pour...I cheat and use a spoon...been a while but I love me a black&tan
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    w6n8wd5wyvbq.jpg Grew up drinking this. No real imports or micro brews widely available back then. But I somehow survived!
    Yep, we drank Falstaff beer quite regularly down here. Liked the ad , good ol' Dizzy Dean, youngsters nowadays don't even know who he was.

• mrbiron
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Guess what I'm having......

Let us see the head and pour...I cheat and use a spoon...been a while but I love me a black&tan

I cheat as well...bought the "perfect black and tan" pourer. I still can't figure out why people think Guinness is a heavy beer......
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    ^^^^
    It depends on how many you lift in a night!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Well...all in moderation of course.
  • aprazer402
    Options
    Enjoyed this one last night while waiting for my dinner.mxzo4pynfzsp.jpg
  • jvc
    jvc Posts: 41
    Options
    my favorite time.... Miller Time !
  • deronb1
    Options
    Of course as im trying to curtail my drinking a bit, the local store has Hoptimum on sale from 9.99 to 4.99 a four pack. 10.4% of hoppy goodness from Sierra Nevada. I only bought a case and split it with a friend.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    http://www.beercityaudio.com/
    http://www.soundbrewery.com/

Pheewwwww......nearly dodged that bullet. Now this thread is audio related!
    Had to do a quick Google search for beer + audio.

BEER!
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    This thread offends me. We're promoting audio, not alcohol. I'm reporting everyone in this thread to Moderator-X.

Don't you ruin this for me! Hawaii is only so big. I will find you and when i do......
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    This thread offends me. We're promoting audio, not alcohol. I'm reporting everyone in this thread to Moderator-X.

Don't you ruin this for me! Hawaii is only so big. I will find you and when i do......

.....we'll hang out at Dukes in Waikiki, drink beer and watch the pie in dental floss bikinis go by?

.....we'll hang out at Dukes in Waikiki, drink beer and watch the pie in dental floss bikinis go by?

Heck of an invitation there, you should take him up on that. Anyone with frickin' whales in their backyard is OK in my book.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    Neither does.....

."....we'll hang out at Dukes in Waikiki, drink beer and watch the pie in dental floss bikinis go by?"

So I'm tellin' mom first. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's