Battery vs power cable, shielding vs no shielding - my results over the years

Options

Comments

• AudioTruth
    AudioTruth Posts: 55
    edited July 2013
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I would not worry too much about that scenario. There is a lot of information on this site regarding this subject, and cables in general. I spent probably a year reading and digesting power cable threads before I even thought of trying one.

If anybody reads this, or another KooKooNut Audio thread, and then buys one, then the phrase "Stupid is as stupid does" applies.

On the other hand, the cables might work to some degree. It is the ridiculous pricing, absurd claims, and crazy supporters that distinguish these homemade cables. That is what separates these cables from Pepster cables, or other DIY cables.
    With ridiculous pricing you mean ridiculously low? For $600 it gives better sound than $3000 Nordost Valhalla and Virtual Dynamics Judge ($50,000). The prices of other manufacturers are ridicuously high.
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    cheezy wrote: »
    That was a good one. That's EXACTLY what ZLTFUL does, brainwash newcomers to think hyper cables make no difference and therefore is a waste of money. Since he can't get real improvement out of his music he becomes angry towards people like us. This is most extremely true. ZLTFUL = gang member That's why I showed him two of your audiophile vs skeptic videos to him saying he really needs it. I am having joygasm reading this and typing here.

Ditto that. Best answer. ++ rep.

Cheezy
    Yes, and the newcomers will become angry at him in the future, because they missed many years of eargasms because of him. Maybe in 10 years things will be different, and the skeptics will feel embarrassed of everything they have said. It already happened in bodybuilding, I proved to the skeptics that my exercise worked, nobody believed it, but then I posted video proof, 56 kg increase in 7 months, now they are all silent, they knew they made big fools of themselves.
    The same thing will happen with audio skeptics. All forums will become empty because they feel too embarrassed to post anymore.

I have made a few blind tests, I can make better ones on video that will prove the truth once and for all, but I don't need to prove the obvious. Skeptics also like to ignore the evidence, they run away from the truth, that's why they have limited understanding.
  • cheezy
    cheezy Posts: 148
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Aint this beautiful? It doesn't look like a $600 cable, more like $30k. And performs like a $60k, but for $600. It's ridiculously underpriced. This is just wrong.....

dscf1294s.jpg

dscf1298pr.jpg

:lol:

Cheezy
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,233
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Is that masking tape on the ends of that thing?

I see why you call yourself cheesy.:rolleyes:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,586
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I do believe that is Playdough.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    masking tape... lol ha ha.:lol: You are a comedian. That's a Whitewood airy tree fiber on both ends of the plugs. They are to keep the conductors from coming lose, prevent oxidation, and keep the sound uncolored for natural sound with realism. Pat you on the back. :smile:
    :lol:

Cheezy
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,117
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Such good bull$hit!!

On the other hand, what can I get for $500,000.00 as that is all I can afford at this point.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options

halo71 wrote: »
    I do believe that is Playdough.
    It's tree fiber, similar to wood but without the colorations wood gives. Here is a close-up. You see the texture is more consistent than with wood.

TreeFiberCloseUp.jpg
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Here is standard wood. You see the grain makes it all messy. It gives colorations to the sound. But if you take the wood material, reconstruct it, you can make uncolored sound.

melissa-farlow-wood-grain-and-knotholes-in-red-cedar_i-G-38-3874-HA4JF00Z.jpg
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    F1nut is messaging me and saying that he knows my real name. I told him he was wrong. But he still thinks he is right.

It's the same thing with the cables. I have listened to the cables, he never did, and he thinks he knows better. Very bad logic. This is an embarrassing day for the skeptics.
    F1nut wrote:
    Got ya!
    AudioTruth wrote:
    No, that's not my name.
    F1nut wrote:
    I've got all your info, yeah it is.
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ^This^.

Couldn't agree more. Don't feed the trolls and they'll go away. Pretty simple....
    That only works if there are trolls in the first place.
    I have made 509 posts at Audioasylum in my own forum, nobody responded for weeks/months. Did I leave? No, I kept posting hundreds of threads.
  • halo71
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Wonder why nobody responded? lol I know why!

And many of us know who you are Patrick Laakso.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options

And all my customers know I don't have that name. My name is written on all packages.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2013
    Options
    AudioTruth wrote: »
    That only works if there are trolls in the first place.
    I have made 509 posts at Audioasylum in my own forum, nobody responded for weeks/months. Did I leave? No, I kept posting hundreds of threads.

Well I thought I still had a link to your forum Patrick, but I guess they TOTALLY disposed of all the archives and everything.:redface:

Oooops!
    Here it is just scroll down, glad to do my part to help you out Patrick.
    I thought your forum was "Top Shelf"!
    I am surprised other people (companies) even make power cables any more.

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/etv.mpl?forum=coconut
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Skeptics think they know me better than I know myself, very strange. Based on this information, it's easy to know that they are wrong about cables too. 100% of those who own the cable, are getting eargasms. The skeptics who never owned the cable, are saying that the cable doesn't give eargasms. Do you see what is wrong here?
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Skeptics think they know me better than I know myself, very strange. Based on this information, it's easy to know that they are wrong about cables too. 100% of those who own the cable, are getting eargasms. The skeptics who never owned the cable, are saying that the cable doesn't give eargasms. Do you see what is wrong here?

Well to be honest, yes I do.
    I tried to make a knife out of rope one time, I couldn't get it to cut anything, so I included all the BS in the world that I could come up with to try to sell it, and I still could not sell that damn thing as a knife.
    Nobody believed it!

That said, if I made even a HALF WAY DECENT knife, and eliminated all the BS, I could sell them.
    Left and right!

Imagine that!:eek:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I would like to mention also Patrick.........using solid core conductors with a mechanical IEC or Male AC plug IS NOT A VERY GOOD IDEA!

Not to mention, UNSAFE.
    They ARE/WERE designed for stranded wire (unless you solder spades).

Unlike receptacles, they are moved around ALOT more, and removed/replaced at times, often many times, not to mention, they are not mounted to a stationary box, mounted to a stud, like a receptacle is.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    pepster wrote: »
    I would like to mention also Patrick.........using solid core conductors with a mechanical IEC or Male AC plug IS NOT A VERY GOOD IDEA!

Not to mention, UNSAFE.
    They ARE/WERE designed for stranded wire.

Unlike receptacles, they are moved around ALOT more, and taken in and out at times, not to mention, they are not mounted to a stationary box, mounted to a stud.
    Furutech plugs were designed for solid core conductors.

Furutech has these crimp sleeves (for AC plugs) that collects multi strand wiring, and makes it appear like solid core to the plug:

?ma=get_image&id=12235&thumb=1

Of course this reduces audio quality, so it's best to use solid core in the first place.

Nordost and Virtual Dynamics have always used solid core in their power cables, because it gives the best sound.

There is no safety concern if the cable is really thick. I need to use a bolt cutter to cut the cable.
  • halo71
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Patrick....do you not find it rather strange that no matter what audio forums you post your BS on. People make fun of your ignorant ramblings all over?
    --Gary--
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Well to be honest, yes I do.
    I tried to make a knife out of rope one time, I couldn't get it to cut anything, so I included all the BS in the world that I could come up with to try to sell it, and I still could not sell that damn thing as a knife.
    Nobody believed it!

That said, if I made even a HALF WAY DECENT knife, and eliminated all the BS, I could sell them.
    Left and right!

Imagine that!:eek:
    I can make a knife using my hair. Just pluck out a hair and cut through butter.
    You can do the same with the rope, you remove only one strand and cut through butter. If you want a sharper knife, you use rope made of metal.
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Furutech plugs were designed for solid core conductors.

Furutech has these crimp sleeves (for AC plugs) that collects multi strand wiring, and makes it appear like solid core to the plug:

?ma=get_image&id=12235&thumb=1

Of course this reduces audio quality, so it's best to use solid core in the first place.

Nordost and Virtual Dynamics have always used solid core in their power cables, because it gives the best sound.

There is no safety concern if the cable is really thick. I need to use a bolt cutter to cut the cable.

It can be done "cold welded" but someone in Sweden with 9 rabbits living in their house, my suggestion is to drop the solid core with a mechanical connection.

Prolly won't hear much from you after the first house you burn down.:eek:

Think about it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Patrick....do you not find it rather strange that no matter what audio forums you post your BS on. People make fun of your ignorant ramblings all over?
    It's not strange. They try to justify their lack of eargasm by believing that I'm wrong. Deep inside they are crying, not laughing.
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    It can be done "cold welded" but someone in Sweden with 9 rabbits living in their house, my suggestion is to drop the solid core with a mechanical connection.

Prolly won't hear much from you after the first house you burn down.:eek:

Think about that.
    If you mean the conductors coming loose from the plug, that is physically impossible with my tree fiber design. It took an hour of sawing through the tree fiber to get to the conductors. With a bolt cutter it took half as long.

I don't have 9 rabbits living in my house, and I never had. I don't have a house either.
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Nordost and Virtual Dynamics have always used solid core in their power cables
    Yeah, but you are WAY better than them, remember?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    F1nut is messaging me and saying that he knows my real name. I told him he was wrong. But he still thinks he is right.

It's the same thing with the cables. I have listened to the cables, he never did, and he thinks he knows better. Very bad logic. This is an embarrassing day for the skeptics.
    Ha ha that's hilarious. F1nut has been so quiet here on public forum but he's been PM'ing you? What a fail.. You know his butt got sore!:lol:

Nope... Wrong. That's not his name. I have proof. But not telling you what his real name is. ... only the customers have access to his name.

Yes, I am getting total satisfaction out of your cables. Serious improvement in SQ. It's like drug. I'm so addicted to the sound I can't leave my house even for an hour. I stay at all times except for work.

Skeptics are like the communist. It's not only evil but they are the devils. The government and FDA are like that too sadly.

Cheezy
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yeah, but you are WAY better than them, remember?
    Don't be a jerk....

Cheezy
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If you mean the conductors coming loose from the plug, that is physically impossible with my tree fiber design. It took an hour of sawing through the tree fiber to get to the conductors. With a bolt cutter it took half as long.

I don't have 9 rabbits living in my house, and I never had. I don't have a house either.

EDIT: I'm going to edit this even though, I know different.
    I don't have 9 rabbits living in my house
    I don't have a house either.

Makes perfect sense to me!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options

Not to mention, UNSAFE.
    They ARE/WERE designed for stranded wire (unless you solder spades).

Unlike receptacles, they are moved around ALOT more, and removed/replaced at times, often many times, not to mention, they are not mounted to a stationary box, mounted to a stud, like a receptacle is.
    Patrick's cables are much thicker and durable than your skinny cords. He's giving out too much great info already. You guys have been educated by him already. ;)

Cheezy
  • halo71
    edited July 2013
    Options
    cheezy wrote: »
    Nope... Wrong. That's not his name. I have proof. But not telling you what his real name is. We respect each other our identities... only the customers have access to his name.

Oh yeah I understand. He is such the great audio designer/inventor that he is scared to give him name. Yeah that sounds like an honest person with nothing to hide! :rolleyes:
    Go listen to your cheap 'hardware store' wire with playdough handles......
    --Gary--
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Cheezy, Patrick is running out of forums to advertize his wares.
    Banned most everywhere but here.

I have to admit, I feel sorry for both of you (if you are actually two different people).
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
This discussion has been closed.