• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,552
    edited July 2013
    Options
    cheezy wrote: »
    A week ago I sent an email to Audioquest with the following message:

"To: info@audioquest.com

Howdy,

I have purchased quite a few high end audio cables from your manufacturer before and thought to be pretty descent in respect to "visual" performance. They sure do look pretty, and expensive, so I thought they must be good! I had owned your products for three years now. I thought they were OK.... I have also tried Wireworld cables and thought they are better.... till when I tried out the White Night Power cables from Coconut-Audio it changed my life forever. I currently have a $350,000 White Night Power 5M and a $60,000 White Night Power 2M power cables for my Focal speakers. Soundstage not only has gotten wider but deeper, with more microdetails that I had not heard before with your cables or any other manufacturer's. Not only more microdetails deep inside the soundstage but is also textured. Talk about 3 dimensionality. Treble is crystal clear and crisp with silkiness (no edginess) with more resolvable details while the lower frequencies have plenty of bass depth and resolution (details) and impact. No other cable manufacturers can do both at the same time. You either get good treble and take a hit on bass or vise versa not both. Transparency is over the top with the White Night Power cables. I didn't even need a high-end RCA cable to have this sound. Amazing how a pair of high-end power cords from Coconut-audio have so much effect on sound.

Just wanted to write to you guys that I found a real cable source, coconut-Audio manufacturer located in Sweden. I can get these cables for introductory price. I am thankful I have the opportunity to try them. This company's lowest end cable easily outperforms the top of the line "Judge" from Virtual Dynamics which ran for $50,000. I am never going to look back. My audio needs will be Coconut-Audio. The sound quality difference is a night and day. Have fun guys.

Cheez"

And I didn't get a reply from Audioquest... ha ha lmao.

Cheezy

So let me get this straight... you email a company slamming their products and quoting non-sense and actually expected a response? I bet you one of two things has happened to your email:

1. Their spam filter more that likely deleted out of hand before it even got to a live person.
    OR
    2. It got to a live person and your email is now pinned on a bulletin board in their offices for chuckles and/or it got forwarded with a subject of "read what this crackhead sent us".

Either way they got a good laugh out of it, like we have all gotten from your threads you have created so far....

P.S. http://douglasconnection.com/ <
    actual quality products at good prices...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,552
    edited July 2013
    Options
    pepster wrote: »
    Ummm, Dan, "HE/THEM/IT" can't make money from buying from other people.

I think the whole idea with this "Total Eargasm" thread is to push products.

This is a pretty good one though, and after my "Eargasm" I always feel like snuggling and a cigarette.:cheesygrin:

I'm aware, and honestly this is a great thread to read tonight given the drinks I had at dinner its even more enjoyable...

That said I will keep plugging actual good cables, those being yours, dougs and also CULLEN CABLE...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2013
    Options
    So let me get this straight... you email a company slamming their products and quoting non-sense and actually expected a response? I bet you one of two things has happened to your email:

1. Their spam filter more that likely deleted out of hand before it even got to a live person.
    OR
    2. It got to a live person and your email is now pinned on a bulletin board in their offices for chuckles and/or it got forwarded with a subject of "read what this crackhead sent us".

Either way they got a good laugh out of it, like we have all gotten from your threads you have created so far....

P.S. http://douglasconnection.com/ <
    actual quality products at good prices...

Yeah, I bet Audioquest is freakin out!
    Laying off people with families, restructuring the whole organization from top to bottom.
    Prolly scouting tree fibers in Brazil, and crystals in India as I type this!:lol:

Although, you must admit, Alien crystal crust is pretty hard to find in this day and age.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I looked into having some Play-Doh "cryoed" after reading this thread.
    Evidently it does not freeze well.:redface:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • cheezy
    cheezy Posts: 148
    edited July 2013
    Options
    pepster wrote: »
    Although, you must admit, Alien crystal crust is pretty hard to find in this day and age.
    Yep, Patrick uses exotic materials that no other manufacturers spend money on. If they use them their cables will be too expensive and almost nobody would be able to afford them. And not only that but they wouldn't know how to use the crystals properly. Every single ones have to be tuned by ear in the build process. That's why Patrick listed the "performance" price with his cables for real world comparison against cables from big manufacturers. Those black crystals are expensive. And they are on the Unreal Power 5M cable. The White Night Power Distributor 2.5M had that around the white tree fiber too.

Patrick - The stock power cord for my PC was plugged to my $9 powerstrip previously. When I moved the PC I connected the stock cord directly to the wall outlet. I am hearing difference in sound already. It sounds a bit smoother like butter, perhaps slightly veiled? The music still sounds good, but it's definitely smoother than before. It's less edgy. Anyways, I hear the difference. Damn my ears are good! :smile:

Cheezy
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,568
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ears, good*.......brain needs work.

*[you have them apparently]
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I have to say I am over 50 and never had a Eargasm.This makes me very sad :cry:
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,586
    edited July 2013
    Options
    AudioTruth wrote: »
    The real fool is the one who doesn't buy expensive cables.

OMG....are you really that stupid? lol I will say it again.....why the mods/admins allow you and cheezwhiz to have account on this forum just amazes the hell out of me.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Oldfatdogs wrote: »
    Act now before you get old and grumpy lol.

Cheezy
  • Systems
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Oldfatdogs wrote: »

LOL!
    Oh, you'll know when you have one, when you find yourself on the front porch smoking a cigar, and you don't even smoke!!!:lol:

Actually the first time I ever read that expression was from Patrick.
    He should have filed a copyright.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited July 2013
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    OMG....are you really that stupid? lol I will say it again.....why the mods/admins allow you and cheezwhiz to have account on this forum just amazes the hell out of me.

Why should stupidity be a criteria for being censored?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,233
    edited July 2013
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »

Agreed... I was even asked by a mod to go easy on cheesy. Not only are hey allowed to stay, but apparently defended from on high!:evil:

No other forum on the board would tolerate these clowns, so why do we....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AudioTruth
    AudioTruth Posts: 55
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Patrick - The stock power cord for my PC was plugged to my $9 powerstrip previously. When I moved the PC I connected the stock cord directly to the wall outlet. I am hearing difference in sound already. It sounds a bit smoother like butter, perhaps slightly veiled? The music still sounds good, but it's definitely smoother than before. It's less edgy. Anyways, I hear the difference. Damn my ears are good! :smile:

Cheezy
    If the connectors in the power strip are made of brass, it adds an edgy and hollow sound character.

Turning off the system also results in smearing, because it needs to be burned in again. When changing something in the system, it sounds worse for a while, but after a few days it starts to open up.
  • BlueFox
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Let me see if I correctly understand the information in this thread.

1. Power cords can improve the sound of audio gear.
    2. Expensive Coconut Audio power cords are the best.
    3. Stock power cords supplied by equipment vendors are the next best.
    4. Expensive power cords by other vendors are actually worse sounding than stock power cords.
    5. Power cords designed around engineering principles are, for lack of a better word, a scam.

Does that accurately summarize the ideas presented here?

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,424
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hey AT, why don't you start up a cable-lending program here so we can sign up for a turn to listen? It's been done here, very successfully, several times. Not too many of us can take a 6-figure flyer on a cable that we can't hear otherwise (don't believe I've seen your wares at any of the local stereo shops).

Or Cheezy, where you at? Good chance you've got a local Polkie or two in the neighborhood--maybe have a wine/cheese/Coconut get together?

You're both missing out on some good opportunities to gain customers/converts. Talk, she is cheap, but listening--ah, that's where the truth lies.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    Hey AT, why don't you start up a cable-lending program here so we can sign up for a turn to listen? It's been done here, very successfully, several times. Not too many of us can take a 6-figure flyer on a cable that we can't hear otherwise (don't believe I've seen your wares at any of the local stereo shops).

Or Cheezy, where you at? Good chance you've got a local Polkie or two in the neighborhood--maybe have a wine/cheese/Coconut get together?

You're both missing out on some good opportunities to gain customers/converts. Talk, she is cheap, but listening--ah, that's where the truth lies.
    You made the false assumption that I want to gain customers. Like I said, I'm already building the cables from morning to when I fall asleep, I can't handle more customers. The cables can't be built by anyone else because they need to be fine-tuned by ear.
    I share the cables with great guys like Cheez and Peter, they deserve to get amazing sound.

Skeptics are too lazy to even collect the shipment from the post office. So I delivered it directly to his door, hung it from the door handle, he threw it away in the garbage before even trying it. Those skeptics aren't worthy of my products and my time.
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Let me see if I correctly understand the information in this thread.

1. Power cords can improve the sound of audio gear.
    2. Expensive Coconut Audio power cords are the best.
    3. Stock power cords supplied by equipment vendors are the next best.
    4. Expensive power cords by other vendors are actually worse sounding than stock power cords.
    5. Power cords designed around engineering principles are, for lack of a better word, a scam.

Does that accurately summarize the ideas presented here?
    Yes, except that the Coconut-Audio power cables aren't expensive. The cheapest one is only $1. One dollar. That's the only cable that I don't listen to after it's finished. Any cable that isn't listened to, should not be sold for more than 1 dollar. When I bought the Judge power cable from Virtual Dynamics for $50,000, they didn't listen to it before sending to me, instead they asked me how it sounds like.

Power cables built by engineers, are only tested with tools, not ears, that's why they sound so bad. It's the same as making food without tasting it first. You can put all the healthly ingredients into a blender, never taste it, and sell to customers, that's exactly what engineers are doing! It has great measured performance, but tastes horrible.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited July 2013
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Why should stupidity be a criteria for being censored?

I believe the concern more lies in the misinformation, lies and generally dangerous practices employed by these ignorant people to try and encourage someone who may not know any better to use their practices.

It makes me cringe that some newbie stumbles upon this drivel and thinks it is actually correct and then gets turned off on the hobby because Coconut Scam Artist's White Crack Rock 37mm cable just fried their system.

Patrick, if you have no interest in gaining customers, then why exactly are you here touting the virtues of your wares? Your bi-polar disorder is rearing its ugly head again.
    Since you have no desire to gain new customers, save the ignorant rhetoric for those you have already scammed and leave those of us (THIS ENTIRE FORUM EXCEPT FOR CHEEZY) who don't give a flying crap about your cables alone.

Go away mental hospital dropout...you aren't wanted here.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Agreed... I was even asked by a mod to go easy on cheesy. Not only are hey allowed to stay, but apparently defended from on high!:evil:

No other forum on the board would tolerate these clowns, so why do we....
    Oh I didn't know that mods asked you to be nice to cheezy. That's so sweet of the mods. Thanks. :smile: They should do the same for Patrick. He is a very valuable asset to audiophile community. He is my hero. I let him change my diapers. He takes care of me good! for audio that is. Not all forums on internet are rude. Patrick and I did not get banned at anandtech forum even though we got ourselves in to some trouble with the cables. I did not get banned at head-fi.org either. You see I am famous (Patrick too). :smile:

Cheezy
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    If the connectors in the power strip are made of brass, it adds an edgy and hollow sound character.

Turning off the system also results in smearing, because it needs to be burned in again. When changing something in the system, it sounds worse for a while, but after a few days it starts to open up.
    Thanks Patrick. It might be brass in my powerstrip then.. I don't know what it has it as I never crack opened the device. It sounds like a thin butter laid on the surface of toasted bread. I don't know I would say it's a better sound than the previous setup. It's not as open as before. Oh well I guess it may open up again a few days later like you said. :)

Cheezy
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »

I like to keep secret where I live and who I am. It's the thing called privacy.:lol: I am just Patrick's loyal customer and a follower. I make honest reviews of his products. My ears are good, considered bunny ears, so I can articulate differences in sound quite well. You also have to be a bodybuilder for audio. Ears have to discover and learn new things in order to take music listening to another level. This is like 4 dimensional world in audio. So take advantage of my reviews by listening to what I say. I think Patrick believes I am almost spot on when it comes to this.

You made the false assumption that I want to gain customers. Like I said, I'm already building the cables from morning to when I fall asleep, I can't handle more customers. The cables can't be built by anyone else because they need to be fine-tuned by ear.
    I share the cables with great guys like Cheez and Peter, they deserve to get amazing sound.

Skeptics are too lazy to even collect the shipment from the post office. So I delivered it directly to his door, hung it from the door handle, he threw it away in the garbage before even trying it. Those skeptics aren't worthy of my products and my time.
    Thank you for the kind words Patrick. :) I wish Peter and some of your customers share their comments on polkaudio forum would be awesome. It's so much fun talking about these cables. :)

And that is so true. Your products are limited production because every single components have to be tuned by your ears. This is very special. It's like a small hypercar maker Koenigsegg in Sweden. They produce limited number of their cars but they are the finest in the world. The money they spent on and R&D is just unreal..... the sticker price of $1.5 mil is "underpriced" whereas the cars like Ferrari and other supercars are overpriced except for Bugatti Veyron.

Patrick's cables = Hyper cable

Cheezy
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Yes, except that the Coconut-Audio power cables aren't expensive. The cheapest one is only $1. One dollar. That's the only cable that I don't listen to after it's finished. Any cable that isn't listened to, should not be sold for more than 1 dollar. When I bought the Judge power cable from Virtual Dynamics for $50,000, they didn't listen to it before sending to me, instead they asked me how it sounds like.

Power cables built by engineers, are only tested with tools, not ears, that's why they sound so bad. It's the same as making food without tasting it first. You can put all the healthly ingredients into a blender, never taste it, and sell to customers, that's exactly what engineers are doing! It has great measured performance, but tastes horrible.
    Amen....

Cheezy
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Here is my favorite Patrick's video:

If Audiophile was bodybuilding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7S6jRz_esg&list=PL775E6FE9BC12FC59&index=29

I love this video. Also like this one

How evil are skeptics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUynbO41ZG0&list=PL775E6FE9BC12FC59&index=5

ZLTFUL you need to watch this video. You need it as it applies to you the most. ha ha ah aaahahahahaha :lol:

Cheezy
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone, stop responding to these two. This is on its third page now and will go on practically without end if forum members continue to respond. Their drivel is beyond ridiculous, and if they're ignored no one's adding fuel to the fire.

I can barely read this $hit it's so absurd and evidently posted only to inflame.

These two should be banned.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I believe the concern more lies in the misinformation, lies and generally dangerous practices
    There is no misinformation in what I say. I have never lied about anything, because if you lie one time, you can never be trusted again. It's better to be honest 100% of the time, even if it hurts you badly once.

It makes me cringe that some newbie stumbles upon this drivel and thinks it is actually correct
    It makes you cringe that someone is getting an eargasm and you are left behind, so you make yourself believe that the newbie will get a bad experience, this makes you feel better about yourself.

Patrick, if you have no interest in gaining customers, then why exactly are you here touting the virtues of your wares?
    I'm sharing my results of battery power and shielding, because someone wanted to know. I don't work for Nordost or Virtual Dynamics, they are American companies, I live in Sweden. I have paid them more than $100,000 and never got anything in return. I'm sharing my experience so people don't need to spend this much money to find the truth.
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    drumminman wrote: »
    I can barely read this $hit it's so absurd and evidently posted only to inflame.

The very first post in this thread is a very crucial information and is too advanced for general public (average Mom and Dads grandmas grandpas children dogs cats etc). This is why it may sound absurd to you. It requires some prerequisites to understand the first post in this thread. You can start with Patrick's Coconut-Audio Shop and click on "Technology" link. It will tell you more about it. Read ALL of it. I had to read good three times to fully get it. You can then re-read the first post Patrick made here. Things will start to make some sense. Lemme know if you have any questions. I can tutor you. :wink:

Cheezy
  • AudioTruth
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I like to keep secret where I live and who I am. It's the thing called privacy.:lol: I am just Patrick's loyal customer and a follower. I make honest reviews of his products. My ears are good, considered bunny ears, so I can articulate differences in sound quite well. You also have to be a bodybuilder for audio. Ears have to discover and learn new things in order to take music listening to another level. This is like 4 dimensional world in audio. So take advantage of my reviews by listening to what I say. I think Patrick believes I am almost spot on when it comes to this.

Thank you for the kind words Patrick. :) I wish Peter and some of your customers share their comments on polkaudio forum would be awesome. It's so much fun talking about these cables. :)

And that is so true. Your products are limited production because every single components have to be tuned by your ears. This is very special. It's like a small hypercar maker Koenigsegg in Sweden. They produce limited number of their cars but they are the finest in the world. The money they spent on and R&D is just unreal..... the sticker price of $1.5 mil is "underpriced" whereas the cars like Ferrari and other supercars are overpriced except for Bugatti Veyron.

Patrick's cables = Hyper cable

Cheezy
    Yes, your reviews about the cables are true, all customers report the exact same improvements in sound. 100% consistency.
    It's no coincidence, the improvements are real. It's fun to talk about great sounding cables. Bad sounding cables like engineers make, I hear nobody talk about them.
  • BlueFox
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I believe the concern more lies in the misinformation, lies and generally dangerous practices employed by these ignorant people to try and encourage someone who may not know any better to use their practices.

It makes me cringe that some newbie stumbles upon this drivel and thinks it is actually correct and then gets turned off on the hobby because Coconut Scam Artist's White Crack Rock 37mm cable just fried their system.

I would not worry too much about that scenario. There is a lot of information on this site regarding this subject, and cables in general. I spent probably a year reading and digesting power cable threads before I even thought of trying one.

If anybody reads this, or another KooKooNut Audio thread, and then buys one, then the phrase "Stupid is as stupid does" applies.

On the other hand, the cables might work to some degree. It is the ridiculous pricing, absurd claims, and crazy supporters that distinguish these homemade cables. That is what separates these cables from Pepster cables, or other DIY cables.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • cheezy
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    It makes me cringe that some newbie stumbles upon this drivel and thinks it is actually correct
    It makes you cringe that someone is getting an eargasm and you are left behind, so you make yourself believe that the newbie will get a bad experience, this makes you feel better about yourself.
    That was a good one. That's EXACTLY what ZLTFUL does, brainwash newcomers to think hyper cables make no difference and therefore is a waste of money. Since he can't get real improvement out of his music he becomes angry towards people like us. This is most extremely true. ZLTFUL = gang member That's why I showed him two of your audiophile vs skeptic videos to him saying he really needs it. I am having joygasm reading this and typing here.
    I'm sharing my results of battery power and shielding, because someone wanted to know. I don't work for Nordost or Virtual Dynamics, they are American companies, I live in Sweden. I have paid them more than $100,000 and never got anything in return. I'm sharing my experience so people don't need to spend this much money to find the truth.
    Ditto that. Best answer. ++ rep.

Cheezy
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,682
    edited July 2013
    Options
    drumminman wrote: »
    Hey everyone, stop responding to these two. This is on its third page now and will go on practically without end if forum members continue to respond. Their drivel is beyond ridiculous, and if they're ignored no one's adding fuel to the fire.

^This^.

Couldn't agree more. Don't feed the trolls and they'll go away. Pretty simple....
This discussion has been closed.