Computer Audio Guys List Your Rig!

Options

Comments

• KellyMic
    KellyMic Posts: 166
    edited January 2013
    Options
    System: Home built i7 quad core, 18GB RAM, 5TB (2TB SSD, 3TB Sata 3 RAID), nvidia Geforce x660Ti
    Output: Schiit DAC on order, mean time X-Fi Platinum output to Pioneer DJM600 Mixer into a DBX Driverack PA into Crown CE2000 amp, then to Polk LSi25's.

Sounds amazing and Battlefield 3 is a blast! Soon to hook-up my Polk RT1000p's for back surrounds, then just need to find a good Center now.
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's
    Crown D-75, Crown CE1000, Crown CE2000
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited January 2013
    Options
    For now, works and sounds great.

Dell laptop w/Vista32/foobar 2000
    foobar ASIO, WASAPI, SACD modules
    ASIO for DSD
    Amanero 1.056 device driver
    1 TB USB music drive

Amanero OEM Combo384 USB to I2S module in DIY Buffalo III dual mono DAC (ESS Sabre32 Reference, ES9018's).
    44.1Khz to 384Khz sample rates, Native DSD 2.8224 Mhz - 6.144 Mhz
    http://amanero.com/

Connected to main system in sig.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Tbone289
    Tbone289 Posts: 661
    edited January 2013
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    foobar ASIO, WASAPI, SACD modules
    ASIO drivers

I'm curious as to the benefit of using ASIO and WASAPI together. It's my understanding that they both accomplish the same objective.
    2.1: PC>Schiit Gungnir MB>Schiit Freya Noval>NAD C-270>Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1, HSU STF-2 5.1: HDMI Bitstream>Denon AVR-1910>polkaudio RTE55, CS350-LS, RT3, HSU STF-2, Visio M55-F0
  • SCompRacer
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Tbone289 wrote: »
    I'm curious as to the benefit of using ASIO and WASAPI together. It's my understanding that they both accomplish the same objective.

I need ASIO for native DSD (SACD) channel mapping support.

EDIT: There is a custom channel mapping thing going on to swap the R and L channel DSD reversal versus PCM playback. It is done in software versus a hardware switching solution. I had to do hardware switching to correct the SACD channel swap in the Denon 3910 I modded to export CD/SACD to the DAC via I2S.

Details here, cause I am not smart enough to come up with this on my own.
    http://hifiduino.wordpress.com/category/computer-hw-and-sw/

dsdoutput.png?w=893&h=648
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Tbone289
    Tbone289 Posts: 661
    edited January 2013
    Options
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info!!

EDIT: Are you having to switch output formats each time you go from SACD to other encoding?
    2.1: PC>Schiit Gungnir MB>Schiit Freya Noval>NAD C-270>Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1, HSU STF-2 5.1: HDMI Bitstream>Denon AVR-1910>polkaudio RTE55, CS350-LS, RT3, HSU STF-2, Visio M55-F0
  • SCompRacer
    edited January 2013
    Options
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info!!

EDIT: Are you having to switch output formats each time you go from SACD to other encoding?

You are most welcome!

In order to have the SACD channels correct, yes I have to switch output format. I am fairly sure WASAPI will do DSD too, but you would still run into the R and L channel swap using it with my setup.

In players, some DAC chips share PCM (CD) and DSD (SACD) circuits into the DAC chip from the transport. So you connect to your external DAC and can play CD and SACD via I2S out (I2S separates clock from data where clock is embedded in the SPDIF signal). What happens is DSD uses individual circuits for R and L channel. If they don't follow the connection order you have at the external DAC, your R and L channels are swapped when playing DSD. I had to use a digital swich in my modded Denon 3910 to correct that for output to my external DAC. It is controlled by a manual switch on back of the Denon.

This is my first USB to DAC thing, and I made it more complex with all the options.:eek::cheesygrin: Before I was just SPDIF coax out or I2S out from a modded SB Touch.
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited January 2013
    Options
    PC rig update:

- now using a Stello U3 USB converter via AES/EBU out.

This thing kicks major butt.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • ThirdWorldGuy
    ThirdWorldGuy Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Options
    My Rig,
    Custom built PC Windows 7 32bit
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti HDMI to Receiver
    MediaMonkey WASAPI Output through HDMI in Exclusive Mode with tweaked settings to prevent crackling and distortion during playback and switching between songs. Bitstreaming.
    All FLAC library

I would like to apologize for digging an old thread but I really need to know somethings.
    I'm a complete noob at this but does anyone here use HDMI for output to their receiver? I went through most of the rigs here but couldn't seem to spot a single rig that uses this. Almost everyone is using USB DACs and optical out etc.
  • hertz9753
    hertz9753 Posts: 310
    edited May 2013
    Options
    My Rig,
    Custom built PC Windows 7 32bit
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti HDMI to Receiver
    MediaMonkey WASAPI Output through HDMI in Exclusive Mode with tweaked settings to prevent crackling and distortion during playback and switching between songs. Bitstreaming.
    All FLAC library

I would like to apologize for digging an old thread but I really need to know somethings.
    I'm a complete noob at this but does anyone here use HDMI for output to their receiver? I went through most of the rigs here but couldn't seem to spot a single rig that uses this. Almost everyone is using USB DACs and optical out etc.

I use onboard sound and toslink to an older Onkyo 603 receceiver. Radio Shack Optimus Pro 77's modded with Polk Monitor 70 tweeters and and Polk R15 woofer. The receiver and Mirage Omni S8 sub are under my desk.

001.jpg
    001.jpg 369.6K
    AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
    Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
    Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 bi-wired(Vr3 Castle Mod)
    Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's<Onkyo TX-NR808
    Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R
  • Habanero Monk
    Habanero Monk Posts: 715
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Foxconn E-350 based NTA350. Has a SSD drive. Win7 using ASIO. FooBar

21Ryo7zPgpL.jpg

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    2i4-Product-page-banner.jpg

Yamaha P2500S

P2500s_image04.jpg

For sub duty I use another out on the Scarlett and feed a Behringer EPX2000

EPX2000_P0A1X_Front_View.jpg

And sub (DIY dual opposed Infinity Kappa 120w.9)

sub.jpg

And LSi 9's. Looking at seeing if the PSB Stratus Silvers on CL near me will be an upgrade. I can sell these and maybe break even. The seller is asking $275 for them.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Office setup
    Custom PC: ASUS P5E | Intel Q9650 @ 3.6 | 8 Gig Dominator 1066 | ATI 5450 | 2 WD Black 640 | Samsung 1TB | Corsair VX450 | Antec P182
    XBMC
    Audio GD NFB-5
    Polk Ultrafocus 8000's (demo pair)

Thought I would update my first post as most of this is done...

Office Rig:
    Custom PC: Interface: XBMC streaming FLAC and hi-rez audio, Pandora, etc
    DAC/Headphone Amps: Audio GD NFB-5, Meridian Explorer
    Pre-Amp: Sunfire TGA-II
    Amp: Fisher 460a tube amp
    Speakers: Polk RTA 11TL's
    Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-770's 32 ohm

[*]
    [/LIST]
    Soon to be:
    Custom PC ordering parts soon
    XBMC
    USB Cable undecided on brand
    Audio GD NFB-5
    Beyerdynamic DT-770 80ohms (tenative choice)

Work office setup:
    Custom PC: Interface: XBMC streaming FLAC and hi-rez audio, Pandora, etc
    Headphone DAC/AMP: Audio GD NFB-5
    Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-770 32 ohms
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • j1mmy
    j1mmy Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Custom built HTPC
    - Silverstone Grandia case
    - Gigabyte MB - i5 3.1Ghz, quad core cpu, plenty of RAM, plenty of disk
    - Fanless Zotac video card
    - vm-ware desktop - several virtual pc's
    - XBMC 12.2 Frodo
    Denon 3808
    - PA SDA-2B
    - Paradigm 12" sub
    - Paradigm reference center channel
    - Paradigm di-poles in the back
    - Epson 6500 projector
    - 120" Carada screen

Apple TV Gen 1 160 GB
    - running xbmc crystalubuntu
    - streams content from HTPC over home gig network
    - Panasonic 42" LCD TV in MB

Apple TV Gen 1 160 GB
    - running xbmc crystalubuntu
    - streams content from HTPC over home gig network
    - Sharp Aquos 46" LCD TV in FR

Raspberry Pi
    - not running yet but plan to use xbmc and attach to another TV in LR
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Another custom built HTPC here.

-Zalman 160xt plus case in black
    -i7 3.4ghz quad core cpu
    -580 vid card
    -16gb of ram
    -8TB of HD space, plus a SSD for the OS.

All of that connects to my new Denon receiver via HDMI, sound outs to my Rti-10 set up in the living room, while video runs to my 46" Sony LCD.

Teamfortress is a whole new level of joy on a 46" screen with the Rti's rumbling.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I've got a real simple set-up:

Antec case
    MSI GXM890-G65 mobo
    Phenom II X6 cpu
    500gb hdd
    8 gb of ram
    LG BD-ROM/ DVD-RW

I've just got the optic going into the SC-05, with the DVI going into the Samsung 40", and no GC. It died over a year ago, and since I'm not really into games anymore, see no need to replace it.
    I've got an old Soundblaster external sound card, but, the sound quality straight off the mobo is good enough.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • timk65
    timk65 Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    Options
    My modest setup, sounds great to me!

* HT Omega Claro Halo 24/196KHz soundcard
    * Polk TSi 500 speakers
    * Yamaha RX V473 AVR
    * PC / Linux with AMD 8 core and 16GB, use quodlibet for playing music
  • Polk&amp;Beans
    Polk&amp;Beans Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Custom PC: And another gutted ComPaq box, full blown build, for re-ripping ALL my CD's (Long Story) 8^(

Lenovo H405 Box & MoBo (At least 4-1TB and 3-500GB HDD's layin around. Lost count)

3.2GHz AMD Athlon II Quad Core, 8GB Ram, dual 80mm push and 120mmPS & 92mm pull fans

W7-HP 64bit, All silent settings, MS-Config'ed-minimal bs running in background, USB-full power, No-power saving modes anywhere, Media Center-hacked up-grades, DB Power Amp rip software, WASAPI Audio Exclusive Mode. (A little more work than you Apple Boys)

Intel-Pro Gigabit NIC Card-No hits, misses or errors.

Samsung 22X DVD/RW SATA Drive SH-S223C (2) Because I am gonna wear em' out re-ripping again 8^(

Asus-ATI Radeon 6540-DVI/HDMI/VGA W/120mm fan blowing on it and, N&S bridge heat sinks

Pangea Audio - USB cable 24awg -Ohno-PCOCC & 4% tinned silver solder on all 4 conductors - 1 Meter

SonicWave-Corning Glass-Toslink Cables (1 Meter) (2) (No Jitter Bugs or EMI/RFI)

Music Fidelity 24/96 V-Link II-W/ WASAPI Exclusive Mode-Worth every penny! Massive jitter reduction!

Sony SDP-EP9ES Digital Signal Processor (24bit/44.1/48Khz processing)

Just arrived intact! Score! For optional jitter reduction (If needed) & Parametric EQ, Surround Modes, Input Leveling, Optical Out & 5.1 Analog In options (Or maybe to my SONY museum)

Feeding To:

Marantz SR5007-(Slays my now gone, Onkyo TX-NR809 for audio) (Miss a ton of video features though)

Parasound HCA1200 MK II- 205 real watts RMS x 2 @8 Ohms-325@4 Ohms (Soon to be Re-Capped)

Polk RTi70 Tower Speakers-(Rebuilt XO’s) Bi-Wired & Tied to Parasound

Polk Monitor 40’s (For Now)(Rebuilt XO’s and braced/damped boxes) Bi-Wired & Tied to the Marantz

My custom built M40 speaker stands to have same height as RTi70’s

Velodyne CT-150-15”-275w Sub-12/24db Slopes (New PS Caps and Amp Module)

SONY DVP-S9000ES DVD/SACD/CD Player (Still great with up-scaling 1080P receivers)

SONY RDR-GX330 DVD Recorder (The only recorder I’ve found that records everything)

Sony BDPS1000ES Blu-ray Disc Player

SONY CDP-CX-90ES-200 Disc CD Changers (2) (Re-Capped) W/On-Screen Display-Daisy Chained=400 CD’s

SONY TC-K615S-Dolby S/B/C Cassette Deck (For ornamental nostalgia now & the SONY museum)

Could list the SONY Museum, but I have a headache already. 8^)

Pablo
  • Polk&amp;Beans
    Polk&amp;Beans Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Options
    P.S. Looking for a cheap DAC?

The Sony SDP-EP9ES Digital Signal Processor makes for a pretty damn nice DAC, stand alone...

All proprietary SONY chips and massive filtering/jitter curcuits.

GooglyIt.

Pablo
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Anyone on the PC side using or tried JRiver?

Yep, I now own it and have it for both of my computers. I love it after leaving itunes. I am still learning about it.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • Sumerian
    Sumerian Posts: 490
    edited August 2013
    Options
    recently built my HTPC.

Corsair 550D
    Corsair Liquid Cooler 60
    I7 4770
    16 GB Ram
    250 GB Samsung Pro SSD
    Asus Z87 Deluxe Mother Board
    Asus Xonar Essence STX
    Pioneer Bluray BD2208
    Seagate 4 TB Media Disk (Flacs)
    J river Media Player
  • Sumerian
    Sumerian Posts: 490
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yep, I now own it and have it for both of my computers. I love it after leaving itunes. I am still learning about it.

+1 Loads of options... Worth every penny
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited August 2013
    Options
    AUNE T1 + DT770's right now.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • doctorcilantro
    doctorcilantro Posts: 2,028
    edited October 2013
    Options

I know with WASAPI I only get 24bit, and have to use ASIO for 32bit support and with Vega DAC.
    For Sale 2019:
    Tortuga Audio LDR passive preamp
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes
    iFi iDSD DAC, .5m UBS, iFI Gemini cable, Oyaide Tunami XLR 1.3M, Oyaide Tunami Speaker wire 1.5M, Beyerdynamic DT1990 headphones, PS Audio P3 power center

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Asus laptop w/LMS-->WD USB HDD (flac files)-->Modem/router-->Squeezebox Touch w/Channel Island Power Supply-->Benchmark DAC/PRE-->Placette Passive-->Parasound HCA1500A amp-->Harbeth 7ES-3 monitors

Kimber Hero IC's
    Kimber 8TC v.2 speaker cables
    Belden 1694A digital coax
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Custom built Game rig (old one)
    Win XP
    Squeezebox LMS 7.7 ****
    Win MP for burning CD's (320kps for use both in home and cars)
    Intel P4 3.0Ghz
    2GB of ram
    Linksys Wireless Adapter w/speed boost 9db highgain ant (running off wireless Home network)
    (3) 80GB HD
    Ext 350 GB HD (main music source)
    Ext 1.5 TB HD (backup for whole house)
    Plextor DVD/CD burner
    Sony DVD/CD burner
    3 sets of fans
    500/W Thermaltake PSU
    System runs 24/7 in garage
    Supports:
    3 Classics V3
    Touch
    Transporter
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Reused an old Pentium4 2gigs of ram computer, using an old soundblaster live card. Was running win xp listening to The Breeze over 181.fm but when xp wouldn't update codec's for The Breeze I switched to Ubuntu. Running this thru pre amp to Halo a23 amp.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    edited December 2013
    Options
    11tsteve wrote: »
    AMD FX-6100 @ 4.55 ghz, XSPC liquid ... Win 7
    crossfired 6970
    Corsair 120 G ssd
    HT Omega
    Tributaries Series 5 optical
    Matrix Mini DAC (which i would like to replace with a Keces)
    Acurus RL-11
    Parasound HCA 1200 II
    Polk RTA-11T (updated Xovers, RDO-194, rewired, damped drivers, Armacell gaskets, spiked)

music is in AIFF format on a 1TB WD cloud drive.

i have tried Media Monkey and Foobar and haven't decided. my drives are due for a reformat, so i'll figure this out then.

currently in search of new cabling as most of mine is cheap crap....
    updated rig.....

AMD 8350 8 core, currently at 4.8 Ghz. under custom liquid loop.

Sapphire 6850

Mushkin 120 Gb ssd and Windows 7 64 bit

HT Omega with Grover Huffman D.I.

Peachtree Dac-It with Morrow M4 custom Y-cable going to both headphone and listed rig.

speakers change between the updated RTA11T, Infinity RSb, and a pair of 5JR which are next up for refurbishing.
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • doctorcilantro
    doctorcilantro Posts: 2,028
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Updated:

J. River MC19 + Auralic ASIO (sometimes JPLAY 5.2) PCM2DSD playback and PCM/DSD playback
    NAS - Synology 411j 12TB Raid 5 8TB + (3) 4TB SATA internal
    File Types - .FLAC .DFF .DSF .MP3
    PC - CoolerMaster SilverStone Fortress FT03 Mini-Tower, Quad-Core i7 at 4gHz 16GB RAM, Windows 7 X64
    USB Interface - Adnaco S3B USB-over-fibre on 5v battery
    DAC - Auralic Vega
    Amp - Decware EL34.1 ("Rachel")
    Speakers - Zu Union Cubes
    For Sale 2019:
    Tortuga Audio LDR passive preamp
    Decware EL34 amp
    Allnic H-1201 phono
    Zu Union Cubes
    iFi iDSD DAC, .5m UBS, iFI Gemini cable, Oyaide Tunami XLR 1.3M, Oyaide Tunami Speaker wire 1.5M, Beyerdynamic DT1990 headphones, PS Audio P3 power center

• 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    edited December 2013
    Options
    11tsteve wrote: »
    updated rig.....

AMD 8350 8 core, currently at 4.8 Ghz. under custom liquid loop.

Sapphire 6850

Mushkin 120 Gb ssd and Windows 7 64 bit

HT Omega with Grover Huffman D.I.

Peachtree Dac-It with Morrow M4 custom Y-cable going to both headphone and listed rig.

speakers change between the updated RTA11T, Infinity RSb, and a pair of 5JR which are next up for refurbishing.
    I forgot the 8 GB of Gskill Ripjaws 8-9-9-24 @ 1866, and that Jriver is my preferred media player.....
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • j1mmy
    j1mmy Posts: 95
    edited January 2014
    Options
    +1 on the Ripjaws
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Mine is more focused on games but I do use it for music too.
    Im at the last stages of a rebuild so I havent decided if im going to stay with the onboard or go back to x-fi or a newer sound blaster card.
    I could also skip the sound card and stick to the USB Music Streamer II Dac for music.
    http://highresolutiontechnologies.com/music-streamer-ii

System specs are
    Intel i7 3820
    EVGA X79 4-way SLI Classified motherboard
    16GB DDR3 2133 XMP -RipJaw Z series
    Vertex 4 SSD
    XFX R9 290 in TriFire ( three video cards)
    ABS 1100w BZ series PSU
    Windows 7 64bit Pro edition
    Three Acer 24" H233H monitors @ 5760x1080p
    Custom full system Water Loop. CPU, motherboard, and videocards.
    for Audio im using a Rotel Pre and Amp and some Free Bose speakers with a Sunfire Sub.
    heres an image. http://postimg.org/image/ezgs8v6s5/
    image with a more completed water loop. http://postimg.org/image/wvhomcjjp/
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma