Skinny jeans!!!! Who's wearing them

Options
polkfarmboy
polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
edited December 2012 in The Clubhouse
Odd thread I know but when I thought I better update the fashion and went shopping to buy jeans and sneakers and the whole shop had hardly any normal style of pants. Everything was skinny or taper'd lol. I ended buying a whole bunch just to go with the flow and since I have gotten home my wife keeps laughing at me when I model them :cheesygrin:
Post edited by polkfarmboy on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skinny jeans help us keep the Emo kids from procreating :smile:.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tommyt21
    tommyt21 Posts: 685
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Odd thread I know but when I thought I better update the fashion and went shopping to buy jeans and sneakers and the whole shop had hardly any normal style of pants. Everything was skinny or taper'd lol. I ended buying a whole bunch just to go with the flow and since I have gotten home my wife keeps laughing at me when I model them :cheesygrin:

Please no.... Lord thou art in Heaven please NO!!
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ...and since I have gotten home my wife keeps laughing at me when I model them :cheesygrin:

As she should!:cheesygrin:
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Throw them on Ebay.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The only thing good about skinny jeans is how certain women look in them.
  • boomerfss
    boomerfss Posts: 125
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I will say jeans sizes for men seem to be changing. I bought a pair of size 32 a couple of weeks ago and thought I was doing well with my weight loss. I measured them when I got home and they were actually 34 inches. Seemed like a big difference.

As it turns out, jeans manufactures have figured out how to sell more jeans by appealing to our vanity.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/pants-size-chart-090710
    Onkyo HTRC 180
    Polk Monitor 70 Series 2 Fronts
    Polk CSi A6 Center
    Polk PSW505 Sub Woofer
    Polk Monitor 60 Series 2 Surrounds.
    Harman Kardon HTSK18 Back Ceiling Mounted
    PS3 Xbox
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Even if I had a momentary lapse of reason, i'd never EVER physically be able to get into a pair.
    No excuses!
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Even when I'm in really good shape (and I'm not now but I'm working at it), I can't get my legs into anything tighter than standard cut jeans.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Even if I had a momentary lapse of reason, i'd never EVER physically be able to get into a pair.
    Rivrrat wrote: »
    Even when I'm in really good shape (and I'm not now but I'm working at it), I can't get my legs into anything tighter than standard cut jeans.

Ditto, besides I really don't like putting the boys in a vice if I don't have to.:eek:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Drenis wrote: »
    The only thing good about skinny jeans is how certain WOMEN look in them.

Agreed!! I say they are for girls only, just like the low rider hip huggers..
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited May 2012
    Options
    As the kids from South Park would say, that's totally ****!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Agreed!! I say they are for girls only, just like the low rider hip huggers..

Amen...
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Are you sure you were shopping in the right department? How about trying another store?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited May 2012
    Options
    How do you keep the twins happy in those pants?It just looks silly as hell on a grown man.
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Drenis wrote: »
    The only thing good about skinny jeans is how certain women look in them.
    I definitely agree on this. I sure can not envision some PFB wearing them! :eek: PFB, not surprised your honey is LOL however, I am surprised you did not scare the hell out of her!
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited May 2012
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Are you sure you were shopping in the right department? ...H9
    ROTFLMAO :idea:
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    edited May 2012
    Options

That a way to think for yourself and be your own man.

The day I have to were skinny jeans will be the day I stop wearing jeans.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skinny jeans help us keep the Emo kids from procreating :smile:.

WAAAAAA!!!!!

that would appear to be a sig right there.:cheesygrin:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Seriously, have you ever seen these "guys" EAT? Skinny jeans? Right! As mentioned above, most couldn't fit into them and probably haven't been able to for 10, 20, 30 or more years depending on their age. lol

This has got to be one of the most absurd threads I've seen on this site, and it's not even Friday. Drinking on Tuesday, are we...?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Toolfan66
    edited May 2012
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    Seriously, have you ever seen these "guys" EAT? Skinny jeans? Right! As mentioned above, most couldn't fit into them and probably haven't been able to for 10, 20, 30 or more years depending on their age. lol

This has got to be one of the most absurd threads I've seen on this site, and it's not even Friday. Drinking on Tuesday, are we...?

cnh

Hahahahahahaha !!!! Time to turn in the man card. If he is drinking it's a Shirley Temple or maybe something on the edge like an Apple Martini...
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited May 2012
    Options

Pics+Or+It+Didn%27t+Happen.jpeg
  • Toolfan66
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • Toolfan66
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Girls in skinny jeans thread coming soon. This thread couldn't end any sooner.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • Toolfan66
    edited May 2012
    Options
    S5031026.jpg

This thread must die soon cause I'm LMAO...
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wranglers, regular & relaxed fit, about fifteen bucks, WallyWorld, 24/7/365 . (not made in any Asian country either)
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    This thread must die soon cause I'm LMAO...
    Just when you thought someone couldn't start a crazier thread....... This really is hilarious! :mrgreen:
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So there are no "takers" on admitting they wear "skinny jeans" yet?:razz: I'm suprised!:rolleyes:
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    edited May 2012
    Options

WTF sir I've been reading this forum for a couple of years; and you seem to to make some wild **** statements.But this is freaking way out in left field. My wife would kick my **** if I came home with skinny jeans and I would thank her when I sober up.

So I would like to make this statement MEN DON,T WEAR SKINNY JEANS my god man WTF do you dream of being a woman.

Cheers Roger
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    edited May 2012
    Options
    My 19 year old nephew wears those cheesy ankle tight straight leg pants. Every time I see him I wonder to myself how the heck he got his feet pointed enough to get those things on.

I sure hope those pants are out of style when my son is old enough to choose how to dress himself.