Skinny jeans!!!! Who's wearing them

Options

Comments

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I teach high school. Several boys I've taught look like they raid their younger sisters' closets to pick out their clothes for the day.

PFB, I'll think of you every time I tell them to buy some pants that fit. :razz:
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,275
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well ..... uhm .......
    You go girl !

.... just trying to be encouraging or .... something ? :eek:
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,275
    edited May 2012
    Options
    A picture is said to be worth more than a thousand words, so perhaps this might be more helpful PFB:

This is what skinny jeans are meant for (courtesy of Halo .... gawd bless him !)

skinny jeans.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited May 2012
    Options
    decal wrote: »
    As the kids from South Park would say, that's totally ****!!!!

"Not that there's anything wrong with that." :neutral:
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited May 2012
    Options
    A picture is said to be worth more than a thousand words, so perhaps this might be more helpful PFB:

This is what skinny jeans are meant for (courtesy of Halo .... gawd bless him !)

skinny jeans.jpg

Is she wearing jeans? I can't seem to pry my eyes away from her rack!:cheesygrin:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Odd thread I know but when I thought I better update the fashion and went shopping to buy jeans and sneakers and the whole shop had hardly any normal style of pants. Everything was skinny or taper'd lol. I ended buying a whole bunch just to go with the flow and since I have gotten home my wife keeps laughing at me when I model them :cheesygrin:

OK, polkfarmboy, after you've sung soprano for a while and are ready to check out the jeans us REAL DUDES wear, I suggest the "5-Pocket Ballroom Jeans" for the Crouch Without The Ouch from the Duluth Trading Co. - http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/mens-denim-jeans/mens-denim-ballroom-jeans.aspx?src=G041099&admkt=&s_kwcid=TC|8004|ballroom%20jeans||S||2965952341&gclid=CIKKifi68q8CFSFe7AodgEFZZQ

:cool:
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited May 2012
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    PFB, I'll think of you every time I tell them to buy some pants that fit. :razz:

ha, I think of him every time I hook up an amplifier, I see those banana plugs inserted sideways. :eek:
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to ask yourself....
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I sure the heck don't wear skinny jeans and never will. I sure hope the OP did not buy white skinny jeans!
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There are some things one shouldn't post :eek: Still trying to get that image out of my brain!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited May 2012
    Options
    cnh wrote: »

This has got to be one of the most absurd threads I've seen on this site, and it's not even Friday. Drinking on Tuesday, are we...?

cnh

Look at the source, nothing surprises me. Lol
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited May 2012
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    "Not that there's anything wrong with that." :neutral:

True
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Some much better pics posted here now...

I have a hard time fitting into regular jeans never mind skinny ones. They don't make jeans for the tall folks.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited May 2012
    Options
    skinny jeans and man panties, ain't happening in this house.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited May 2012
    Options
    gdb wrote: »
    Wranglers, regular & relaxed fit, about fifteen bucks, WallyWorld, 24/7/365 . (not made in any Asian country either)

Amen Brother, Plus Dale Jr is there spokesman. It's like a win, win situation!!!!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Joe08867 wrote: »
    Amen Brother, Plus Dale Jr is there spokesman. It's like a win, win situation!!!!

So's Brett Favre.

I tried a pair of skinny jeans on once. The GF thought they'd look "cute". I ended up looking like I was wearing wrestling tights. I couldn't really bend my knees without the **** being dragged down to show my skivvies.

To add insult to injury, I couldn't get them off. She had to pull them from bottoms of the pant legs.

I'll stick with my regular, baggy jeans and be a fashion pariah.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Did you get the free purse or Murse in this case.....well you should have that is really fashion forward.....
  • decal
    edited May 2012
    Options
    nice butt.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' bout. Screw skinny jeans!!!!!!!!!!!
  • decal
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So's Brett Favre.

Do I detect a man crush? You guys sure ya'll ain't got some skinny jeans in the closet? :lol:
  • Jstas
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Do I detect a man crush? You guys sure ya'll ain't got some skinny jeans in the closet? :lol:

A "man crush"?

Seriously?

Do you watch football at all? Every game, every commercial break, there is a Wrangler Five Star Denim commercial with Brett Favre playing a game of pick-up football in the mud with dudes he wouldn't be caught dead with normally.

Instead of Brett, it's Dale Jr during NASCAR races.

No, no man crush. Sorry.

• Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    I tried a pair of skinny jeans on once. The GF thought they'd look "cute". I ended up looking like I was wearing wrestling tights. I couldn't really bend my knees without the **** being dragged down to show my skivvies.

To add insult to injury, I couldn't get them off. She had to pull them from bottoms of the pant legs.

You know there was a Seinfeld episode about that, right?
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited May 2012
    Options
    gdb wrote: »
    Wranglers, regular & relaxed fit, about fifteen bucks, WallyWorld, 24/7/365 . (not made in any Asian country either)

That's what I have on right now. Got them at Target.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i would not be able to get my manly muscular thighs into any pair of skinny jeans.. but if any of you do have skinny jeans.. post a pic of yourself in them..
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The only way I could wear skinny jeans is if you were to sew three pairs together. I don't think they come in biggun.

I will just stick with my Wranglers thank you.

Jstas, That was a great story, it had to be both funny and embarrassing. I can see that happening to me.
  • decal
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    A "man crush"?

Seriously?

Do you watch football at all? Every game, every commercial break, there is a Wrangler Five Star Denim commercial with Brett Favre playing a game of pick-up football in the mud with dudes he wouldn't be caught dead with normally.

Instead of Brett, it's Dale Jr during NASCAR races.

No, no man crush. Sorry.

Yes, I've seen the commercials. Perhaps you've heard of this thing called humor, notice the silly little LOL smiley? Lighten up, don't take things so seriously, your blood pressure will thank you.:wink:(notice the silly little winking smiley?)
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yes, I've seen the commercials. Perhaps you've heard of this thing called humor, notice the silly little LOL smiley? Lighten up, don't take things so seriously, your blood pressure will thank you.:wink:(notice the silly little winking smiley?)

Don't feel so bad. Some people just can't take a joke.
  • Jstas
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Danny Tse wrote: »
    You know there was a Seinfeld episode about that, right?

So???

• Jstas
    edited May 2012
    Options

Get bent.

Your post wasn't funny.

• gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited May 2012
    Options
    "Now you funny too" G. Thorogood