Skinny jeans!!!! Who's wearing them

Options
1235»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I wonder whatever happened to his automatic Porsche.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    I thought he wrecked it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I wonder whatever happened to his automatic Porsche.

I miss him! I loved reading his posts, just to see what he has torn up this time.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    So -- over the past... umm... few years, I've lost weight. Quite a bit of weight, all told.
    This spring, our church held its (once) semi-annual rummage sale (disrupted, of course, by COVID for over a year). I like to pick up pants & shirts cheap at the rummage sale for working out in the garden. This year, I found a pair of Gap jeans, in good condition, for $2 (the standard price). These rascals have a 32-inch waist. I am right now on the small side of a 33 inch waist, so I figured for 2 bucks these were worth a try.

Turns out that: 1) they're Gap "1969" jeans, with a button fly. I've never owned a pair of button fly jeans before :p 2) they have very tapered legs, and are, all in all, cut very... umm... skinnily.

They fit fine.
    I feel like Bruce Springsteen wearing them. :#
    'cept -- no bandana.
    Do I have to start wearing a white "wife beater" :/ sleeveless undershirt now?

I am tempted to share a photo but thinking maybe that's not such a great idea. :|

OK, I thought y'all needed to know all of this.
    Especially in the context of this epochal thread.
    Carry on.

:D
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Yup I was gifted several pairs from my wife and she likes me in em and out of em so I’m guilty! If I was a fat a s s I doubt think I’d be sporting them though! Knock on wood..what wood? This wood? Yeah that wood! Wood 👁
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Norwegian wood. Isn’t it good?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited August 2021
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    They fit fine.
    I feel like Bruce Springsteen wearing them. :#
    'cept -- no banana.

Fixed. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    PFB certainly was entertaining, in a train wreck sort of way...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    PFB certainly was entertaining, in a Hindenburg sort of way...
    FTFY. ;)

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Skinny Jeans...I think of having issues

https://youtu.be/wfGD5FgtNtY
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    I remember Kramer trying to wear the skinny jeans :)
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    This excerpt is from a fashion article dated 8.23.21.

Google searches for low-rise jeans have surged 91% over the past six months — with wide leg and flare jeans being the most popular styles — per fresh analysis from Jefferies retail analyst Stephanie Wissink. In other words, the 18-year reign of skinny jeans as the de facto jeans style of choice is slowly coming to an end.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    2 of the greatest things to come out of the late 60's were hot pants and hip-huggers.
    My vote would go for the latter.

ppd8hqu2z9mr.png

5a2549gcajhf.png

These have been Scooby Doo'd up but still...

bm1yhl7xpjc0.jpg

Sal Palooza
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    On the other end of the spectrum, saggy jeans still seem to be a thing around here with certain folks. I swear they must safety pin them to their underwear. I don't know how they'd stay up otherwise. Could be useful for depends wearers, but mostly just looks stupid.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Dudes wearing skinny jeans pretty much says "I have no clue what Legs Day at the gym is."
    No excuses!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ah yes, never a dull pfb moment. "I bought a Porsche on ebay without knowing anything about it" pops into mind. There are others...lol
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *