Game of Thrones

Options

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    When is the final episode airing?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    The second-to-last of the season will be the best one. Lol.
  • dromunds
    Options
    Looks like #9 is called "Battle of the ****" and will be next Sunday. #10 is apparently called, "Winds of Winter" and will be 69 minutes long, the longest ever episode. I'm not sure if that is June 26 but not sure why it wouldn't be?
  • dromunds
    Options
    Lol. Sensored out the word "B@st@ard"
  • dromunds
    Options
    I see some are calling episode #8 "Needle and the Damage Done." Love it.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    No Lady Stoneheart! I was hoping she would come back with the Brothers without Borders...SMH would have been a good story line addition.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • dromunds
    Options
    Now that was good. Lady Sansa. Queen Danny. Red Witch in trouble?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    An intense episode from beginning to end! One more this season.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    A little to predictable IMO. Still a good one.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    I thought it was one of the best GoT episodes yet, but I'm a sucker for violence. Same thing I like the show Vikings for.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dromunds
    Options
    Nightfall: Speaking of The Vikings, was that guy who was head-butting the red-haired Wilding leader our own Rollo from the Vikings? Striking resemblance if not the same guy. I read somewhere it took 25 days to film last night's episode alone.
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,083
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »

Might have been predictable but enjoyable end to him! I am confused though. Where the other Knight army come from?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2016
    Options
    xjghost wrote: »

Might have been predictable but enjoyable end to him! I am confused though. Where the other Knight army come from?

Littlefinger and the Knights of Vale
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • xjghost
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »
    xjghost wrote: »

Littlefinger and the Knights of Vale

Yea I got that but I thought they were a part of the original numbers? Or was this something they held back on knowing he would sacrifice his troops to the archers?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• dromunds
    Options
    No, it was Sansa's secret, she sent the letter by Raven to Little Finger a couple weeks ago and never told Jon. Probably woulda saved a ton of men had she. But she's got something to hide on that score it seems. Little Finger's a devious cat.
  • xjghost
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    No, it was Sansa's secret, she sent the letter by Raven to Little Finger a couple weeks ago and never told Jon. Probably woulda saved a ton of men had she. But she's got something to hide on that score it seems. Little Finger's a devious cat.

Oh ok! Yea I remember that now. Ok so the little boy that is able to control animals. I thought he was the brother of Jon and Sansha? Yea I have a hard time keeping up with all these characters. One of the reasons I love this thread.

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    if he tells you run, why run in a straight line? i would have zig,zig,zag,zig, lay down and roll over, then some more zigging and zagging.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Spoiler alert -

I thought it was a great episode. The big battle was, of course, the highlight of the episode, but there was plenty of other things to like about it.

Ramsey finally getting his, and in an ironic way. Sansa's very tiny smile as she left him to his fate (and the dogs to their dinner). Wait till next week when Littlefinger tells her what she owes him now.

Tyrion stuttering his explanation of the state of Meereen to Dany. The dragons finally being used like they were always intended. Daenerys making a pact with the Iron Islanders and therefore getting the rest of the ships she needs to invade Westeros.

The heroic death of the last giant. Enough arrows and lances in him to kill a small army. Jon charging Ramsey with nothing but a shield he picked off the ground, and all Jon's archers looking like "do I shoot him now?".

All it lacked was some gratuitous nudity. :wink:

Too bad there's only one more left for this season.
  • dromunds
    Options
    Didn't Rickon ever watch Apocalypto? Lol. You gotta zig and zag when they tell you to run and they're gonna shoot arrows and stuff at you. BTW, Bran Stark is the one who can go into "trances" and he's the one that saw Cercei and Jamie doing it in the tower and was shoved off the window ledge resulting in his paralysis. Hodor was dragging him north to find the tree. The Starks took off after their father was beheaded, with their five direwolfs I think, each kid had one. Most of them have been killed, that's what the head was that Ramsay threw down in front of Jon and Sansa to get them to lose their cool, it was Rickon's wolf's head I think.
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    I forgot about Apocalypto, but yeah, you nailed it with that.

Bran is a warg, which is why he can go into a trance and control animals, and apparently also some humans. I read that all the Starks have some of that warging ability which is why their wolves are so close to them. They just didn't all realize that they were in some ways controlling the actions of their wolf.

I think the only direwolf left is Jon's, Ghost. His was the runt of the litter that they found in the very first episode.
  • chumlie
    Options
    2 Direwolves left alive. Ghost & Nymeria.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »

If Ramsey knew the Knights of Vale were taking part of the battle he would have never left the confines of Winterfell. This way he was lured into the battlefield for an open battle. That is why I believe Sansa kept it as her secret. She might have the same strategic qualities as her late older brother...
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Game of Thrones season 7 and possibly 8 will only be 6 to 7 episodes....Thumbs down :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    Wow, big season finale. Don't want to spoil too much but finally the Jon Snow theory was confirmed, someone new on the throne, new King in the North, an armada, new Hand, etc.

Gonna be a long wait till next season and apparently, for some reason, they are in a hurry to get to the series finale, which is surprising since HBO doesn't have any other really popular series.
  • dromunds
    Options
    Yeah, excellent finale. Oh baby, Cercei looks hot in her regal attire. Great directing once again, the last two episodes gotta go down as perhaps the best ever. Loved that scene with the big green explosion. Somewhat surprised we didn't see the zombie woofs at all in this episode, but I guess we'll get enough of them next season. Gotta also believe Arya's gonna reunite with her direwolf as well. She's a lean, mean killing machine. That extra fifteen minutes was also great, this season will be hard to top. I'm cancelling my HBO now, that's the only thing I watch on TV except the Vikings.
  • chumlie
    Options
    They must have a fleet of jets or dragons to move these people as quick as they do. Ayra at House of Fray. Varys makes a deal with House Tyrell & House Martell and gets there Armies on the ships sailing already.
  • dromunds
    Options
    Hey Chums, Arya wasn't in last week's episode at all was she, that gave her two weeks to get to the Twins from Braavos. Lol. Bit harder to explain Lord Varys.
  • chumlie
    Options
    Just wondering if I was the only one thinking about these timelines.
  • dromunds
    Options
    I have to admit the Arya timeline went over my head, but I did think the Varys thing was a bit weird all-around. The other thing was that Jaime was just at the Twins talking to Frey and suddenly he's at Kings Landing watching Cercei get crowned. Not that its THAT far, but.... And where did Arya get that face anyway? Lol
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I'm still miffed that the White walkers have been absent all season basically and not much even in last. They have to be the slowest army ever in the history of man. I think 2 seasons ago it ended with them at the wall, didn't it ?

I thought Jon Snows Dire wolf died right after he did. Didn't the commander order him killed as Snow laid there bleeding ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable