Legend Line being discontinued.......?

Options

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    Options
    …That assumes Masimo holds and does nat start parting out things as they have indicated they are considering.
    I don’t think that’s what they suggested. They want to separate the entire consumer division (including smart watches, baby monitors and Sound United) from the healthcare division. Ostensibly so that their quarterly reports look more profitable.

They haven’t mentioned parting out the components AFAIK.

The entire corporation has been in a major kerfuffle for some time, which is not exactly pretty to watch, with activist investors attempting to wrest control of the board away from founder and CEO Joe Kiani.

Masimo will report quarterly earnings on Tuesday, May 07. That could shed more light on their plans. It wouldn’t be surprising for at least one of the analysts on the conference call to bring this up.

…Def-Tech will be the middle ground and Bowers the high end, Polk good/Deftech better/Bowers best.
    These changes also apply to Denon and Marantz as well as Boston Acoustics.

Alea jacta est!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,137
    Options
    In general brands keep lines 5 to 10 years. Time flies but it has been 5 years almost.

The past year and a half has been a terrible sellers market in general. While we don't know sales numbers that I am aware of, look at the R200ae limited edition. Even in limited numbers this model ended up being sold at steep discount clearance.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,451
    Options
    billbillw wrote: »
    We have too much history to let it slip away.

That's all I am getting at. Just in case.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,649
    Options
    You guys are killing me😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,719
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    You guys are killing me😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

How is this for a semi-obscure response? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbMBe9S2Dms
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,551
    Options
    It's semi-obscure.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,719
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    It's semi-obscure.

Is your sem . . . . nevermind. :o
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,311
    Options
    I'm just waiting for a 4Shot gaming headphone to come back. 🫣

Sal Palooza
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,526
    Options
    If this whole forum falls apart, we can take it to WhatsApp, whoever wants to join and form.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 215
    Options
    A rare post for me.

Crutchfield has open box L400 centers. Walnut only.

$500 off on L600s.

No affiliation.
  • msg
    Options
    I'm just waiting for a 4Shot gaming headphone to come back. 🫣
    Have no fear - 3 left! Stock up while you can.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/185982657721
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    751idttts1zh.jpg
    Man, that thing looks like it's seen a lot of action.
    I disabled signatures.
  • crazy098
    crazy098 Posts: 27
    edited May 6
    Options
    Polk says the L200 has not been discontinued, however I spoke to iq-entertainment and they said that the line HAS been discontinued. I'm more inclined to believe iq.n7jnj8sam43u.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,135
    edited May 6
    Options
    Who is iq-entertainment and why are they more reliable as a source of information than the manufacture of the loudspeakers?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,311
    Options
    Well they have "IQ" in their name so that must mean something.

.....possibly.

....may.....be....🧐
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,875
    Options
    The product pages show some of the Legend speakers are in stock, some are out of stock and some are coming soon. Hardly sounds like they are discontinued.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    IQ Home Entertainment is your source for home theater, whole-house music systems and home automation, as well as custom residential and commercial design and installation services.

Our featured brands include Klipsch and McIntosh, Sonos, and SVS.

Meh...

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,743
    Options
    I remember people thinking Polk was going to disappear when they were bought by DEI in 2006. Then again when a private equity company bought them in 2011, and in 2013 it became Sound United. And again in 2022 when they were aquired by Masimo...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,157
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    I remember people thinking Polk was going to disappear when they were bought by DEI in 2006. Then again when a private equity company bought them in 2011, and in 2013 it became Sound United. And again in 2022 when they were aquired by Masimo...

I will say Masimo has not done a very good job of providing direction or support for the brand. Everything has gotten much worse.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,649
    Options

I will say Masimo has not done a very good job of providing direction or support for the brand. Everything has gotten much worse.

It sure seems that way.
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 6
    Options

Check the customer support forum. There were people complaining of "no response" from Polk support at least 5 or 6 years ago, long before Masimo. I think the great support started slipping shortly after it became part of Sound United. Although Masimo hasn't done anything to improve that.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,157
    Options
    If you knew half of what this past year has been like dealing with them...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    So much mystery...
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,451
    Options
    Eh, not so much...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,137
    Options
    I occasionally have to contact Polk CS for a variety of reasons.

In my experience, if you know exactly what you want... have model numbers, etc - my latest experiences have been... normal?

If you need ASSISTANCE, don't know anything... well you might as well start out here and work your way there.

Also, the average correspondence takes days versus minutes which I have just come to expect from large companies in this day and age. Its a shame but it is what it is.

The days of calling Ken and him taking care of you is over! Same for Chet with Definitive.

Chet and Ken were customer service personified.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Don't forget Kim.

President of Club Polk

• crazy098
    crazy098 Posts: 27
    Options
    When I went to check stock at crutchfield, when I hovered over the add to cart button for some of the models it said "this item has been discontinued" That has now been replaced with outlet items. I contacted iq because they are a smaller company and I figured I'd get a faster response. Having said that, is it possible iq said that because they are trying to make a sale? Absolutely. However, I'd hardly call crutchfield a small dealer and I'll contact them directly for confirmation but I'm putting the purchase of my home theater amp on hold to make sure I don't miss out on the speakers.
  • WilliamM2
    edited May 7
    Options
    Sometimes sellers discontinue items, even if the manufacturer still makes them. We've discontinued items on our website (not audio) because:
    1. They didn't sell
    2. Inconsistent supply from the manufacturer
    3. Complaints of quality
  • lilwolf555
    lilwolf555 Posts: 14
    Options
    Interesting. My reply from Polk directly they said they are discontinuing the L800s and if I wanted to buy em, I would have to elsewhere as they aren't making more. I didn't specifically ask about the other models though.