Official SVS owners thread!

1111213141517»

Comments

• WillowWillow Posts: 8,912
    Geez, you could have just put a doily over it. Glad you got it all taken care of. Now tell us how it sounds.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ PRO. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

• rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,655
    Doily?

Here I thought that states that insist interior decorators be licensed was just another stupid idea. I hang my head in shame at being proven so wrong by the suggestion that a doily be placed on a subwoofer.
  • gfonggfong Posts: 1,048
    Upgraded the feet on my SVS PB12 NSD to the SVS Soundpath feet. Isolated the sub very well and tightened the bass up. Home theatre use only.
    2 Channel Setup: Unison Research Simply Italy Tube Amp, Klipsch La Scala speakers, Rega RP6 Union Jack Edition w/Exact Cart TT, REGA ARIA phono stage, Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, APC-H10.

A/V Setup: Sony STR-5400ES AVR, Emotiva XPA-3 Amp, Polk Audio RTi A9's, CSi A6, FXi A6,s, SVS PB12-NSD Sub, Sony KDL52W5100 TV, Sony BDP-S770 BluRay.

Connections: Atlas Navigator All CU, Atlas Voyager All CU & Atlas Equator MK II interconnects, Audioquest sub-3 sub-woofer cable, MIT EXp 2 speaker cables, AudioQuest NRG-2 power cords, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones.

gfong aka Greg Fonger
    True North Strong and Free... Canada
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,357
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Just a reminder: Subs are stackable.

You can hardly see my 2 -12" Klipsch subs stacked in the corner. They sounded pretty good too the last time I heard them. But I liked them more I think when there was one on each end of my couch acting as end tables. That couch would rumble from underneath and the back would too. Those were the good old days. B)
    hzvax1i377zh.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,057
    gfong wrote: »
    Upgraded the feet on my SVS PB12 NSD to the SVS Soundpath feet. Isolated the sub very well and tightened the bass up. Home theatre use only.
    I saw those on their website the other day, was wondering if they would fit my
    PB12-NSD/2 though, is yours down-firing with the base plate as well?

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
    I have a front firing SVS sub. Do not know if they would fit on the one you have. Give them a call to see!

(I posted another message but it said it needed approved, if it shows up on here I put the SVS phone number in it) :) good luck with the feet.
    2 Channel Setup: Unison Research Simply Italy Tube Amp, Klipsch La Scala speakers, Rega RP6 Union Jack Edition w/Exact Cart TT, REGA ARIA phono stage, Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, APC-H10.

A/V Setup: Sony STR-5400ES AVR, Emotiva XPA-3 Amp, Polk Audio RTi A9's, CSi A6, FXi A6,s, SVS PB12-NSD Sub, Sony KDL52W5100 TV, Sony BDP-S770 BluRay.

Connections: Atlas Navigator All CU, Atlas Voyager All CU & Atlas Equator MK II interconnects, Audioquest sub-3 sub-woofer cable, MIT EXp 2 speaker cables, AudioQuest NRG-2 power cords, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones.

gfong aka Greg Fonger
    I have a front firing SVS sub. Do not know if they would fit on the one you have. Give them a call to see!

(I posted another message but it said it needed approved, if it shows up on here I put the SVS phone number in it) :) good luck with the feet.
    Thanks, but I don't want to call them. I'm afraid they might not talk me out of upgrading... :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

polrbehr wrote: »

Mine is front firing. I would guess if you have feet on it now that screw in that the Soundpath ones would work. There are 3 different size screw sets that come with them. The instructions said that all SVS cabinet style subs use the 1/4-20 thread size.

Here is the SVS Customer service phone number from the instruction book 877-626-5623. 9to9 est Monday to Friday. Maybe they could tell you if the feet would fit that plate that is on your sub. Good luck.

gfong aka Greg Fonger

Mine is front firing. I would guess if you have feet on it now that screw in that the Soundpath ones would work. There are 3 different size screw sets that come with them. The instructions said that all SVS cabinet style subs use the 1/4-20 thread size.

Here is the SVS Customer service phone number from the instruction book 877-626-5623. 9to9 est Monday to Friday. Maybe they could tell you if the feet would fit that plate that is on your sub. Good luck.

gfong aka Greg Fonger
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,809

I have one of the /2 subs as well. The screws go through the base plate & standoffs into threaded inserts in the cabinet. With long enough screws, I think the Soundpath feet will work just fine. Though you'd likely need the 6 pack they sell instead of the 4.
    Thanks, I wondered since I see they sell them in 6-packs.

Thanks @gfong for the info too.

• KYFHOKYFHO Posts: 76
    I’ve had my SB16 Ultra for a week now. I gotta say, this thing is amazing! I replaced dual 12” Klipsch subs and couldn’t be happier. I was thinking about going dual but it is absolutely not necessary as this sub fills my room with a ton of headroom to spare (my dedicated room is right at 1200 cf).
    The output of the SB16 is phenomenal and just blows away the Klipsch subs. I added the soundpath isolator feet and that really helped with the rattling of my walls. The first movie I played with this sub was Tron. I never realized the low bass I was missing. With music it’s even better. Expensive but worth it in my opinion.