Official SVS owners thread!

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Just a reminder: Subs are stackable.

You can hardly see my 2 -12" Klipsch subs stacked in the corner. They sounded pretty good too the last time I heard them. But I liked them more I think when there was one on each end of my couch acting as end tables. That couch would rumble from underneath and the back would too. Those were the good old days. B)
    hzvax1i377zh.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    gfong wrote: »
    Upgraded the feet on my SVS PB12 NSD to the SVS Soundpath feet. Isolated the sub very well and tightened the bass up. Home theatre use only.
    I saw those on their website the other day, was wondering if they would fit my
    PB12-NSD/2 though, is yours down-firing with the base plate as well?

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    I have a front firing SVS sub. Do not know if they would fit on the one you have. Give them a call to see!

(I posted another message but it said it needed approved, if it shows up on here I put the SVS phone number in it) :) good luck with the feet.
  • polrbehr
    I have a front firing SVS sub. Do not know if they would fit on the one you have. Give them a call to see!

(I posted another message but it said it needed approved, if it shows up on here I put the SVS phone number in it) :) good luck with the feet.
    Thanks, but I don't want to call them. I'm afraid they might not talk me out of upgrading... :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

• gfong
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Upgraded the feet on my SVS PB12 NSD to the SVS Soundpath feet. Isolated the sub very well and tightened the bass up. Home theatre use only.

Mine is front firing. I would guess if you have feet on it now that screw in that the Soundpath ones would work. There are 3 different size screw sets that come with them. The instructions said that all SVS cabinet style subs use the 1/4-20 thread size.

Here is the SVS Customer service phone number from the instruction book 877-626-5623. 9to9 est Monday to Friday. Maybe they could tell you if the feet would fit that plate that is on your sub. Good luck.
  • gfong

Mine is front firing. I would guess if you have feet on it now that screw in that the Soundpath ones would work. There are 3 different size screw sets that come with them. The instructions said that all SVS cabinet style subs use the 1/4-20 thread size.

Here is the SVS Customer service phone number from the instruction book 877-626-5623. 9to9 est Monday to Friday. Maybe they could tell you if the feet would fit that plate that is on your sub. Good luck.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471

I have one of the /2 subs as well. The screws go through the base plate & standoffs into threaded inserts in the cabinet. With long enough screws, I think the Soundpath feet will work just fine. Though you'd likely need the 6 pack they sell instead of the 4.
  • polrbehr
    Thanks, I wondered since I see they sell them in 6-packs.

Thanks @gfong for the info too.

• KYFHO
    KYFHO Posts: 76
    I’ve had my SB16 Ultra for a week now. I gotta say, this thing is amazing! I replaced dual 12” Klipsch subs and couldn’t be happier. I was thinking about going dual but it is absolutely not necessary as this sub fills my room with a ton of headroom to spare (my dedicated room is right at 1200 cf).
    The output of the SB16 is phenomenal and just blows away the Klipsch subs. I added the soundpath isolator feet and that really helped with the rattling of my walls. The first movie I played with this sub was Tron. I never realized the low bass I was missing. With music it’s even better. Expensive but worth it in my opinion.
  • danzilla31
    danzilla31 Posts: 94
    Man I'm late to this party I'm running 2 PB 2000's in my main system. Was running them with 3 Polk S 60's but you guys got me so spoiled with the 2000's I had to move em to another room and sold the extra one for 3 SVS prime towers for the main room. Those S60's sound GREAT even for straight up stereo listening in my other room. But I ain't gonna lie those Primes are something special. Those PB 2000's ROCK and with the feet ROCK even more. But it's a huge open area and I hafta run em a little hotter then I like the amp doesn't even get warm tho Lol. But I know to get the sound I want I'll need to upgrade First I'm going dual PC 2000's behind the couches for quads then use the trade up to figure out what I want to do for the upgrades on all 4 Lol. s9e29xvcnimj.jpg
    gd5itkcx320e.jpg
    hhmjx3ulcn7c.jpg

• danzilla31
    F1nut wrote: »
    The Piano Black is beautiful tho.... they do a flawless job... but if it doesn't go with your gear..... oh well you'll just be forced to live with it.... Congrats and enjoy!

I was concerned about reflections, but after studying things a bit I believe that won’t be an issue. I suppose if it came down to it I could spray a matte black finish on it, but I'm not looking for extra work.

Hey congratulations on your SB 4000 Svs thinks I'll need dual PB 4000's for my wide open area but I think I'll stick 2 of they're cylinders behind the couches for a near field effect with the fronts well see if I need more. Hope your enjoying your sub always appreciate your insights looking 4ward to your impressions!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It's a beast when it needs to be for movies and very musical for the occasional music video.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    It's a beast when it needs to be for movies and very musical for the occasional music video.

Nothing like a good sub, Bummer you'r on the other side of the country. I would have helped you move that beast. I had no problems with my 85lb VTF 3.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • F1nut
    Moving it was easy enough once I put my thinking cap on. After dead lifting the first, well technically the second one, I quickly figured out how to pack and unpack them without any lifting involved.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danzilla31

That was what surprised me the most they're ability to do both movies and music so well. I can't wait to upgrade and experience more of the level of quality your enjoying right now.
  • danzilla31

That was what surprised me the most they're ability to do both movies and music so well. I can't wait to upgrade and experience more of the level of quality your enjoying right now.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Proud new owner of an SB16 Ultra
    63a5ey8v4efr.jpeg
    0nd4zgojlef7.jpeg
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Congrats... They should just change the name of that sub to BMF
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • F1nut
    You should spike that sub, it'll tighten up the bass.

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    I will. I just have no feet on it while I verify that’s the best placement. I just got it. It’s so frigging heavy.
  • joecoulson
    edited July 2018
  • joecoulson
    You should spike that sub, it'll tighten up the bass.
    Done
  • joecoulson
    Question, if any of you have one of these, if you get really close to the driver w your ear, can you hear what can only be described as “ white noise “? Very faint, still present with no rca connection. Again, you gotta be up on it.
  • F1nut
    edited July 2018
    I've got it's baby Huey bother, dead silent, but the sub cable is connected and I'm not pulling it off.

Is the volume set per your pic at -10dB when you hear the noise?

President of Club Polk

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Question, if any of you have one of these, if you get really close to the driver w your ear, can you hear what can only be described as “ white noise “? Very faint, still present with no rca connection. Again, you gotta be up on it.

I’ve never owned any SVS subs, but my old Velodyne CHT-10 and VX-10B made this noise, along with my friends BIC America F12 and his old Polk PSW-10.
  • joecoulson
    Almost sounds like a mini fan inside the box. Again it’s quiet, but I wouldn’t think this level of sub would have that noise present. I have emailed SVS to see what they say.
  • joecoulson
    KYFHO wrote: »
    I’ve had my SB16 Ultra for a week now. I gotta say, this thing is amazing! I replaced dual 12” Klipsch subs and couldn’t be happier. I was thinking about going dual but it is absolutely not necessary as this sub fills my room with a ton of headroom to spare (my dedicated room is right at 1200 cf).
    The output of the SB16 is phenomenal and just blows away the Klipsch subs. I added the soundpath isolator feet and that really helped with the rattling of my walls. The first movie I played with this sub was Tron. I never realized the low bass I was missing. With music it’s even better. Expensive but worth it in my opinion.

Since you have the same sub, can you hear anything like the above description?
  • joecoulson
    This was response from SVS

This is the noise floor of the amplifier (essentially the signal-to-noise ratio) and is perfectly normal. As you noted, it’s not audible at the listening position or when source content is playing. When the amp drops into Standby, it should be completely silent. To ensure this, under System Settings, set the Subwoofer Standby to Auto. After 20 min of no signal, the amp will drop into Standby. Thanks.
  • F1nut
    I was wrong, missed the part where you had to have your ear basically next to the driver. Yes, mine has the faint white noise sound.

President of Club Polk