This is sad

Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    Jesse, is that it? Where have you been bro'?

LOL

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    5pzpz405pe8u.png

Five is right out...
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited May 2017
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Yeah, I'm just another member having.......

Beta tested many Polk products over the last 15 years.
    Attended most Polkfests, helping out in various ways and made a lot of friends at them.
    Own 7 pairs of Polk speakers, vintage and current. Another pair on the boat. Two complete sets of Polk HT speakers and a Polk sub.
    Spent the day at Matt Polk's house with some other select Polkies and then dinner, Matt's treat.
    Have visited Matt a few more times since then.
    Been treated to lunchs and dinners by the former VP of Marketing.
    Help set up and run the 3 shows Polk did at the CAF.
    Have the SRT poster signed by Matt to me.
    Have repaired Polkie gear for little or nothing.
    Recently helped Polk out with something I can't talk about.
    Given things away via Karma and sold a number of things cheaply.
    Have a framed letter of recognition/appreciation from Polk.

I'm sure I've forgotten a number of other things.

I'm bad, I'm nationwide and I am "jack"

One more thing, I've given a lot to this forum and Polk over the years, a lot more than I've taken. Seems to me you've taken a lot more than you've given.

Well if you mean that I've taken a lot of crap from you, I agree.

Here's what I think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzs9fBTRsmM
  • treitz3
    Options
    I think it's time to close the thread. I'm embarrassed I was even involved.

What a waste of time and bandwidth for all involved.

I think I'll slide out now.....I'm better than this.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options

I can still remember my 1st week on the forum. F1 told me my Pioneer AVR was garbage and I was an idiot.
    It still is and you still are... truth is still truth.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited May 2017
    Options

Attended most Polkfests, helping out in various ways and made a lot of friends at them.
    Own 7 pairs of Polk speakers, vintage and current. Another pair on the boat. Two complete sets of Polk HT speakers and a Polk sub.
    Spent the day at Matt Polk's house with some other select Polkies and then dinner, Matt's treat.

One more thing, I've given a lot to this forum and Polk over the years, a lot more than I've taken. Seems to me you've taken a lot more than you've given.

Well if you mean that I've taken a lot of crap from you, I agree.

Of course, you can't dispute facts, so you come back with more of your trolling. Aren't you special with your bag of nothing.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Options
    As the title of this thread states....

This is sad.

What an embarrassment to all that come here to learn.

Tom
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    Options
    Well, the problem I'm having is that sure, he can get the DVD to eject, but how do you get him to swap out discs ?

..... I'm stepping away ...... from ....... the ............. keyboard ............. carefully .......
    Sal Palooza
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    It might be the "norm" on here, but it most certainly isn't on other forums. Nor is it considered helpful.

This forum has a bad rep on other forums and that also isn't helpful, but fully deserved which is a shame.

One important thing to remember is that other forums have legions of heavy handed moderators. This forum is very lightly moderated and I don't know of another corporate-owned forum whose members enjoy the level of free speech that exists here. Many audio forums won't even allow a cable debate or allow discussions of other "controversial" topics.

I would go so far to say that if the "nicer" forums were to suspend their "gestapo style" moderation, (with hierarchies of moderators!) for one week, things would quickly devolve into anarchy. Proof of this is members and moderators of other audio forums coming here to troll and start trouble.

I think the fact that there is only the occasional incident that requires moderator intervention speaks well of the overall character and caliber of this forum's membership.
    With all the "experience" that is supposed to be on this board, if all a poster can get is two helpful answers, and the rest is garbage, then that doesn't say a whole lot to recommend this board does it?

I agree that we could do a better job with staying on topic and with addressing an inquirer's specific needs and situation. I spend quite a bit of time answering setup, system configuration, and diagnostic questions via PM because the inquirer didn't feel comfortable asking in the open forum.
    But then don't be surprised when Polk decides to go in a different direction to point their customers in directions where they will get the answers that they need.

On the other hand, this forum enjoys a good reputation among performance audio dealers and other performance audio enthusiasts. Quite a few members have come to the forum because a dealer or performance audio enthusiast recommended this forum as a good source of information.
    Rick88 wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Swag-master-flex must be on vaca.....11 pages.....

In before 12!

For sure. I'm very surprised this thread has been allowed to remain open this long....

I don't see anything in this thread worthy of it being closed. The OP was a good question and I think a good discussion followed. The fact that a corporate representative has chimed in twice and expressed appreciation for some of the comments in this thread speaks volumes.

I really don't think Polk wants a forum where people are afraid to speak their minds in a respectful manner.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Agree 100% as it was here I started and only here I asked for advice along the way to get myself set up with 2 modest set ups but both great to me, and I have met some special (to me) people here that I call friends and even family. Why the people (or person) that created that piece of.........advert.. did not mention Club Polk is beyond me and yes SAD. Wow?????? Thanks to all here that have been so good to me along my little journey, and without you all I probably would not be listening the way I do nor have such a extensive collection of music. Club Polk and it's members (you know who you are) flat out ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You all!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Wow.

Makes me wish we still had the archives and the Hall of Shame. Then these yahoos can see what the forums USED to be like.

I miss George.

Y'all need Jesus or something.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I got to take the good and the bad.

My journey started 2.5 years ago when I decided to resurrect my 2 channel system. I joined this forum and in a short time I have vintage system that gives me goose bumps.

There is no way I could have put all of the pieces together without the help of those in this forum.

We are all here to help each other and when we start to take ourselves too seriously it takes away from the fellowship that makes this forum special.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'll make a suggestion. The 3 of you malcontents, km, gate and the reindeer start your own forum, which you can run the way you see fit. I wish you good luck.

I'm not the one trying to run things around here. You are. As far anyone can see you are the only malcontent. It's your way or the highway. Zero tolerance for anyone else's opinion and zero respect for anyone who isn't in your little clique.

And who the heck are you to tell anyone what to do on this forum? You aren't "jack". You're just another member like the rest of us.

The shame is you can be OK from time to time when you want to be. Everyone on here isn't out to get you or change "your" forum.

The only thing that needs changing is staring you in the mirror.

I would think someone that has done that much "good", and met Matt Polk, and Paul D, personally, would go all out and strive to act even more mature and professional.

But you do the opposite a lot of the time.

Not sure I see the connection between knowing Matt Polk and owning several Polk products, and Going to Polk fests, or having a poster Signed by Matt Polk gives you a valid reason to Bash people, go on bicker fests with the current 5-6 people you are "after" or to break forum rules and call people names or tell them to leave Polk's forum.

Are you somehow insinuating that you think Matt Polk agrees with your behavour?

• K_M
    Options

I really don't think Polk wants a forum where people are afraid to speak their minds in a respectful manner.

Not sure I could say that about a few forum members though.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    K_M wrote: »

Any chance you can lay down the troll torch for just a minute or two. The same comment, time and time again, is getting old. You made your point, now move on.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited May 2017
    Options

Just more name calling!

Where? If he said "lay down the 3/8 star socket", would you still think he was "name calling".

The horse is dead! You've been beating it *snicker* through 13 pages of uselessness.

*that for some reason, i treat like a train wreck....can't look away.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • K_M
    Options

Any chance you can lay down the troll torch for just a minute or two. The same comment, time and time again, is getting old. You made your point, now move on.

Let me see if I get this......

I am a "troll", because after you Publicly announced I was on your (bozo) Ignore list...

You are somehow unable to resist reading my posts and commenting on them?
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    It's been said before and I'll say it again: Let's just everyone unwad those panties and have a good time. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it may appear.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    I got to take the good and the bad.

My journey started 2.5 years ago when I decided to resurrect my 2 channel system. I joined this forum and in a short time I have vintage system that gives me goose bumps.

There is no way I could have put all of the pieces together without the help of those in this forum.

We are all here to help each other and when we start to take ourselves too seriously it takes away from the fellowship that makes this forum special.

Bingo
    dromunds wrote: »
    It's been said before and I'll say it again: Let's just everyone unwad those panties and have a good time. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it may appear.

Double Bingo
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    Jesus don't care , he has much bigger fish to fry.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    I think all of us but a small minority will agree that there is only one "class" of member on this forum other than the moderator. We are all members and all deserve the same courtesy and respect as anyone else. Even though someone thinks their crap don't stink and they have owned 50 sets of Polk speakers or have eaten tacos with Matthew Polk and then go on the brag about how charitable they are, they don't have any more privileges or right to disparage others on here. They are just members.

I don't think I'm better than anyone else on here. I'm just a guy who likes Polk speakers. I might be sarcastic from time to time and kid around a little but I try not to be outright mean to people on here. I do admit I'm not perfect and do find it difficult not to respond when someone else attacks me or I see another forum member being bullied.

One thing I've never done is tell someone they should be kicked-off the forum or call their audio equipment garbage. That totally crosses the line in my book.

I like having spirited discussions and don't want the forum to become a heavily-moderated PC fest.

I have to leave now. Matt Polk is taking me to lunch after he autographs my dual sets of SRTs. After that I have to check on my 8 sets of other Polk speakers I have in storage (including the SDAs on my yacht). Later tonight I have an appointment with the Pope to donate a million dollars to help the needy and promote world peace... but I'm not bragging.

Take care.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

Thank you for your concern and wanting to know the location of the post where the name calling occurred. I'll quote it again. Please note that the quote contains both the name calling and the forum member's name that did the name calling. It is on this very same forum page, a few posts above yours. Thank you for abiding by the Clubhouse rules (especially 2 and 5) and your concern that members at this forum, even if they disagree with you, are most welcome here and should be treated fairly and respectfully.

Best regards,

DuB

Went back and looked at the quote you took from Nooshin, KM, & DK. I see "troll torch", something by K_M, and something by DK. I did not observe any name calling by the so-call offenders.

So, who was the victim again?

Can you BOLD the name calling so that we all can better understand your logic? Please make sure that you don't over stretch and that the name calling come within those 3 quotes that you have singled out.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • F1nut
    Options
    I think all of us but a small minority will agree that there is only one "class" of member on this forum other than the moderator. We are all members and all deserve the same courtesy and respect as anyone else. Even though someone thinks their crap don't stink and they have owned 50 sets of Polk speakers or have eaten tacos with Matthew Polk and then go on the brag about how charitable they are, they don't have any more privileges or right to disparage others on here. They are just members.

I don't think I'm better than anyone else on here. I'm just a guy who likes Polk speakers. I might be sarcastic from time to time and kid around a little but I try not to be outright mean to people on here. I do admit I'm not perfect and do find it difficult not to respond when someone else attacks me or I see another forum member being bullied.

One thing I've never done is tell someone they should be kicked-off the forum or call their audio equipment garbage. That totally crosses the line in my book.

I like having spirited discussions and don't want the forum to become a heavily-moderated PC fest.

I have to leave now. Matt Polk is taking me to lunch after he autographs my dual sets of SRTs. After that I have to check on my 8 sets of other Polk speakers I have in storage (including the SDAs on my yacht). Later tonight I have an appointment with the Pope to donate a million dollars to help the needy and promote world peace... but I'm not bragging.

Take care.

^ TROLL ^

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    I'll make a suggestion. The 3 of you malcontents, km, gate and the reindeer start your own forum, which you can run the way you see fit. I wish you good luck.

I'm not the one trying to run things around here. You are. As far anyone can see you are the only malcontent. It's your way or the highway. Zero tolerance for anyone else's opinion and zero respect for anyone who isn't in your little clique.

And who the heck are you to tell anyone what to do on this forum? You aren't "jack". You're just another member like the rest of us.

The shame is you can be OK from time to time when you want to be. Everyone on here isn't out to get you or change "your" forum.

The only thing that needs changing is staring you in the mirror.

I would think someone that has done that much "good", and met Matt Polk, and Paul D, personally, would go all out and strive to act even more mature and professional.

But you do the opposite a lot of the time.

Not sure I see the connection between knowing Matt Polk and owning several Polk products, and Going to Polk fests, or having a poster Signed by Matt Polk gives you a valid reason to Bash people, go on bicker fests with the current 5-6 people you are "after" or to break forum rules and call people names or tell them to leave Polk's forum.

Are you somehow insinuating that you think Matt Polk agrees with your behavour?

^ TROLL ^

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Looks like the forum whiner has a severe case of this.
    gao2ocmhwng5.jpg
    My God people put it to rest for the sake of the forum.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)