This is sad

Options

Comments

• maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited May 2017
    Options
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Or better yet, create a new sub-forum with categories focused on individual products or product lines. This would allow Polk Audio to:
    • promote new products
    • promote sister company lines
    • bolster technical support
    • encourage maximum enjoyment of its products
    • nurture closer customer relationships and brand loyalty
    All on its own forum.

Pretty nice idea. Only thing is that if they are independent then I might end up ignoring the second forum most of the time only checking it out every once in a while. This is what I do for some of the categories as it is. Some of them are interesting to me but I only infrequently check them out. I think this could be common to others and thus result in less traffic to those categories.

I think there's been 2-3 attempts at creating a separate forum where members could talk about taboo items that aren't allowed here. Admittedly I don't check those that often but when I do it doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic.

There's a good community here so I think that needs to be strengthened, not separated. This is why I like Ken's efforts to calm things down by implementing a ban policy. Implemented fairly and along with people using ignore lists more it could keep the trolls at bay. However lately it does feel like moderation has been minimal. Perhaps that could be why things feel like they are spiraling out of control.

BTW, shoutout to ZLTFUL's lengthy post. Besides being insightful it was hilarious.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited May 2017
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

I can't wait to address this, but I'm busy right now, so it'll have to wait. This is going to be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Don't bother. You'll just drive more people off the forum.

I know all I need to know about why you behave the way you do.
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Uuuuhh, no he won't. It didn't when I joined years ago. He may be harsh in his comments but overall he provides an insightful perspective on audio. It's not rammed down my throat and I can choose to accept his opinion or not. Dude, I work for Bose and take pride in that fact and Jesse has made his opinion very clear what he thinks of the company. Am I offended by his comments? Not in the least.

You on the otherhand you have been the attacker not only in this thread but others. You come off as having the only "right" opinion and when called out you call them hypocrites.

What will drive people off this site is this constant bickering. That is why I hate writing this post because it just adds to the bickering. But this needs to stop. I think the OP was a great opening to a general discussion and there's been some insightful replies, but the thread has become tainted. People need to learn that when their opinion isn't well received they need to stop posting and move on. What are you trying to gain by continually posting your opinions that are not well received?

I really don't want an answer to that last question and prefer you just STFU as will I.
    Post edited by maximillian on
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    I don't consider that the "norm" though.

Usually someone gets a couple of good answers, then the thread turns into an open mic night! B)

It might be the "norm" on here, but it most certainly isn't on other forums. Nor is it considered helpful.

This forum has a bad rep on other forums and that also isn't helpful, but fully deserved which is a shame.

With all the "experience" that is supposed to be on this board, if all a poster can get is two helpful answers, and the rest is garbage, then that doesn't say a whole lot to recommend this board does it?

Very few will remember the good, especially if there isn't much good there, or you have to wade through 20-50 posts of BS to get to it. But all will remember the bad impressions left, and wherever they go and actually got the help they asked for, will remember to tell others on that "helpful" board, that it is pointless to come here.

And if you think that the young generation of management of the owners of Polk Audio DON'T realize that, then you are living under a rock.

Now I know that a few of you don't give a chit, and think this is your own little playground to do what you want. That's fine, actually, no its not, but you end up seeing the results.

But then don't be surprised when Polk decides to go in a different direction to point their customers in directions where they will get the answers that they need.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »

Usually someone gets a couple of good answers, then the thread turns into an open mic night! B)

It might be the "norm" on here, but it most certainly isn't on other forums. Nor is it considered helpful.

This forum has a bad rep on other forums and that also isn't helpful, but fully deserved which is a shame.

With all the "experience" that is supposed to be on this board, if all a poster can get is two helpful answers, and the rest is garbage, then that doesn't say a whole lot to recommend this board does it?

Very few will remember the good, especially if there isn't much good there, or you have to wade through 20-50 posts of BS to get to it. But all will remember the bad impressions left, and wherever they go and actually got the help they asked for, will remember to tell others on that "helpful" board, that it is pointless to come here.

And if you think that the young generation of management of the owners of Polk Audio DON'T realize that, then you are living under a rock.

Now I know that a few of you don't give a chit, and think this is your own little playground to do what you want. That's fine, actually, no its not, but you end up seeing the results.

But then don't be surprised when Polk decides to go in a different direction to point their customers in directions where they will get the answers that they need.

You're taking a joke way out of context.

I think you're making a blanket statement about stuff that really does not happen that much.

Kind of like how my wife will say that I'm never home on the weekend after I come home from a bi-annual, weekend camping trip...

Let's be factual for a moment. You want people to mind their own business and stick to the question asked. Yet you have, on several occasions, interjected your unsolicited opinion about others finances and personal life.

Again, irony...
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Or better yet, create a new sub-forum with categories focused on individual products or product lines. This would allow Polk Audio to:
    • promote new products
    • promote sister company lines
    • bolster technical support
    • encourage maximum enjoyment of its products
    • nurture closer customer relationships and brand loyalty
    All on its own forum.

Pretty nice idea. Only thing is that if they are independent then I might end up ignoring the second forum most of the time only checking it out every once in a while. This is what I do for some of the categories as it is. Some of them are interesting to me but I only infrequently check them out. I think this could be common to others and thus result in less traffic to those categories.

I think there's been 2-3 attempts at creating a separate forum where members could talk about taboo items that aren't allowed here. Admittedly I don't check those that often but when I do it doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic.

There's a good community here so I think that needs to be strengthened, not separated. This is why I like Ken's efforts to calm things down by implementing a ban policy. Implemented fairly and along with people using ignore lists more it could keep the trolls at bay. However lately it does feel like moderation has been minimal. Perhaps that could be why things feel like they are spiraling out of control.

BTW, shoutout to ZLTFUL's lengthy post. Besides being insightful it was hilarious.
    I didn't mean a separate forum. I was suggesting a new section of categories. Similar to what is done with sponsored sections in a few other forums. Each sponsor usually adds sticky subjects that are always at the top where individual products or issues are discussed, plus topics that are added by forum members. Here, Polk could add a categories for product lines instead of sponsors' brands.
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi Tonyb:

Have you tried Blue Jeans Cable, KabelDirekt or MediaBridge RCA cables? When was the last time you put together a mid-fi system? ...
    I do realize that this question isn't directed at me, but I would like to go on record as saying that most of the hifi hardware at my house is decidedly mid-fi by the standards of many, perhaps most, folks here -- and most of the cabling used here is (literally) of the "found" kind; certainly a notch below the brands mentioned (two of which I've never heard of, FWIW). Even the "real" hifi upstairs has cabling that would be considered to be at the low entry level by many here.

It's just not something that I get terribly worked up about... but I play in a rather different sandbox than most of the folks here in terms of hifi strategy (not to mention mixed metaphors!).

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    I did go to college. Worked full time and kept a full time college schedule.

Went back to school with a full time job, home and 2 children...

I understand a cramped schedule.

However, I also understand fully comprehending a subject before passing any judgement.

I also understand internet comments, I take them for what they are and move on with my life. If people call me names online, I don't care, one bit.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Uuuuhh, no he won't. It didn't when I joined years ago.

I know for a fact that's not true.

I can still remember my 1st week on the forum. F1 told me my Pioneer AVR was garbage and I was an idiot.

Do you want to know the big difference between guys like you, Jesse, 88 and me?
    The main difference is that I wouldn't condone and encourage the type of unacceptable behavior that you guys feel is OK. I don't treat people like crap and don't admire others that do either.

I've always been opposed to bullies. It's just been my nature. When I see a bully trying hurt others I have a hard time just sitting back and letting it go on without saying something. And I definitely don't suck-up to them.

Maybe it's the way we were all raised that makes us different? Maybe it's our religious beliefs? Maybe it's something else? Who knows but at this point I really don't care. You just continue on with what you feel is best.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    He Mhardy:

You should trust your ears...

oh, I do.

26171358706_2784026da9_b.jpg077 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Swag-master-flex must be on vaca.....11 pages.....

In before 12!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    Options
    One of the best-sounding systems I ever heard used those exact same Eico tube amps he has sitting by the window.

I bet the system sounds great in that room too.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    You need to know when hold'em, know when to fold'em know when to walk away know when to run......
    JFNCWTF people
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    LOL. How did this drift to cables? It is funny reading how some are trying to rationalize their forum behavior by playing the victim. Boo hoo. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I did go to college. Worked full time and kept a full time college schedule.

Went back to school with a full time job, home and 2 children...

I understand a cramped schedule.

However, I also understand fully comprehending a subject before passing any judgement.

I also understand internet comments, I take them for what they are and move on with my life. If people call me names online, I don't care, one bit.

Hello:

Since my post earlier, ZLTFUL is still at it with the name calling, but I have not responded directly. I know that I cannot correct him and wish him well. :smiley:

It seems you are misunderstanding. It isn't animosity I feel towards you...it is pity. You can't simply agree to disagree without getting all rectally irritated. And that makes me sad for you.

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    edited May 2017
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    You need to know when hold'em, know when to fold'em know when to walk away know when to run......
    JFNCWTF people

Those lines probably would sound really swell in a song. I'm gonna take a gamble and bet Kenny Rogers would be interested in them.

Who the F cares keep at it ....proving my point. More and more
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it is pointless.

The difference is, I am not trying to shove it down your throat as you are wont to do to others.

Never said I DO NOT AGREE.

Said it was pointless to discuss "Truths" because Bad behavour is overshadowing rational discussions.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options
    He Mhardy:

You should trust your ears.
    FYI although he tends to be a little low key mhardy is IMO the most all around knowledgable audio guy on this forum.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    5pzpz405pe8u.png
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »

Very few will remember the good, especially if there isn't much good there, or you have to wade through 20-50 posts of BS to get to it. But all will remember the bad impressions left, .

Well said Cathy. Problem is, the guys that are doing this stuff, feel they are doing nothing wrong. Business as usual.

Find 4 or 5 people to bash, call names, and Gang up on, now that Xcapri is gone.
    It does make the forum look silly.
    For all the good here, the bad is truly what most remember.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    And that's coming from someone that doesn't realize she can be like a pesky mom wanting to save the day and debate about cables and DBT
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    And your hair sucks!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!